dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tight Bun Needed for Job

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Hello (:

I know I ask a million questions, but I don't know where I'd be without all of your generous answers; thank you!!

This question is similar to another I had, although the situation is different.

I just got a job at a clothing store, my very first job, and they have no idea that my hair is going through the dreading process (going on my fourth month). I will be keeping my baby dreads in a tight bun everyday for work, with a stretchy headband and many bobby pins. In the morning for yoga, it will also be in a bun with a headband but no bobby pins. In general around the house, I use a clip to pull back some hair and bangs.

I'm guessing that this will slow down progress, but my question is will this severely damage my dreads?

updated by @meg5: 02/14/15 03:32:12AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it will slow it but also create a tendency to want to become a dreadbun youd have to seperate way more once its dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Thank you very much!
Do you think that separating once per day would be okay, or would more be needed?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hard to say but should be if its not already dreading fast

is there any other solution you can think of?

--
Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

For yoga I could try wearing a bandanna instead :)
For the job, I have a feeling it has to be in a tight bun; my supervisors seem a bit conservative, but who knows! I am in the VERY loopy/zig-zag stage, every single one is shrinking and zig zagging.
I also may be getting a second job...so even more time in a bun. However, the employees at the second job have gauges, some wear bandannas, and some have really long hair so I may have more freedom with them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you could always ask and explain the drawbacks of keeping it in a bun and ask if theres another acceptible option

be considerate when you ask explain that it can cause issues but you want to0 be sensative to their thoughts on the subject and your willing to compromise or if needed do the bun if you leave it up to them they probably will surprisse you and not care

Show them the staTE ITS IN AND PHOTOS FROM HERE OF WHAT TO EXPECT OVER TIME

--
Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Wow, I haven't even thought of that! My Dad keep telling me to not talk to them about the dreads at all, since they don't know and just hired me. Maybe I'll talk to them in a month so we already have a relationship :) Thank you for your tremendous help! For now I'll wear my hair down outside of the job, and separate after I take it out of the bun.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

good plan

--
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

i dont think boddy pins are a super great idea.. Does it have to be a bun? I work fast food and as long as its tied back somehow, it doesnt matter. :) Try rocking a ponytail of some sort of braid and ese how it goes down. :) Good luck and happy dreading!

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Thanks so much everyone! I am on my 4th month of baby dreads, and so they are looking crazy right now. Too crazy for a ponytail or braids :( I could try to stop using the bobby pins though! The worst part is that this bun gives me a massive headache, but I'll keep trying new things (: Thank you for your responses<3

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form