Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scraggly back of head dreads

Madison Harris
@madison-harris
11 years ago
3 posts
I've been dreading for a little over two months now, and the dreads on the back of my head are flat and messy no matter how much I palm roll. I was wondering if this is normal and if they will work themselves out... Advice is greatly appreciated! :)
updated by @madison-harris: 01/13/15 09:58:10PM
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I had lots of flat ones in the back and I still have a few but over time they round out but, is there any reason you want them to? I think having one or two makes it look much more natural and really good :) peace
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
PS I would strongly advise against palm rolling, if you need the nitty gritty on why, just give baba fats a message :)
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

It is normal. The back of the head dreads much faster than the front in most people, so it gets messy easier. Make sure to separate them as often as needed so they they don't become all tangled together and matted as one. That's all you need to do.

Palm rolling doesn't do anything. If you do it sometimes, then it'll help for an hour or two, then the dread will go back to its usual self. Palm rolling too often will thin the dread. Ask Baba Fats, he made a video showing the thin parts of his dreads where he'd palm-rolled too much for just a couple of weeks.

Most dreads round themselves out over time, because you sleep on them differently each night.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Do you sleep on your back? If so, that might be why they're going flat back there...

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
Don't palm roll. It does nothing but damage. I have several flat ones and I could care less if they're flat or not. The should round out in time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you used wax wax is evil in dreads and you must remove it

dont palm roll dont worry about them being scraggly or flat its normal and nesacary

but the wax must be removed with wax b gone from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form