dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yellow Bees Wax Not Allowing My Hair To Stick

Robbbb
@robbbb
14 years ago
32 posts
Ahh, i see noww. Thanks for the helpp ;] labmofgod said:
washing will affect it because it will keep your hair from retaining the natural oils that you scalp produces. those oils by the way are there to keep your hair from knoting up and becoming locks... if you wash your hair every other day or every 3 days or so it will help your hair lock up so much faster. i have straight hair and i have a bunch of locks forming on my head. also you wouldnt be able to use conditioner for a while until you had fully matured dreads cause the conditioner will stop the locking process as well.

Robbbb said:
So your saying washing them won't effect the dreading proccess?

labmofgod said:
well does it stay flat after you wash your hair becuase when you have super kinky curly hair it will lock up much faster and it will be comfortable.

Robbbb said:
Thee natural metodh wouldnt work well for me lol, when i get in up in the morning my hair goes all flat and lobsided as i have major kinky curly hair. Walking around with a flat head for ages waiting for the dreads too form would not be so good haha

labmofgod said:
dont go to a salon its so easy to get dreads all you have to do is allow some time and you will find that your hair will group up rather quickly and become dreads on its own read some of the natural methods under the dread methods tab in the forums or you could try backcombing with out wax or better yet try using the twist and rip method... but i wouldnt recommend those either because they will hurt your head look odd and they will damage your hair quite a bit and going to the salon to get them done will do horible amounts of damage to your hair... also they will probably end up puting wax in your hair.

Robbbb said:
The wax is Yellow 100% bees wax i'll not be using it as i have booked to get dreadlocks done in a sloon. The price is 50+ what would make the price increase?

Perculator said:
Wax is bad for dreads whatever. but What wax are you using? Is it the type that is made with 100% beeswax with petroleum Jelly in or similar?

updated by @robbbb: 07/03/15 07:43:59AM
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
yea no problem man. if you need further info check out some of Soaringeagles discusions about the natural method... also try and find yourself a wool hat or tam if you can that will cause your locks to lock up so much faster... dont know how though Robbbb said:
Ahh, i see noww. Thanks for the helpp ;]

labmofgod said:
washing will affect it because it will keep your hair from retaining the natural oils that you scalp produces. those oils by the way are there to keep your hair from knoting up and becoming locks... if you wash your hair every other day or every 3 days or so it will help your hair lock up so much faster. i have straight hair and i have a bunch of locks forming on my head. also you wouldnt be able to use conditioner for a while until you had fully matured dreads cause the conditioner will stop the locking process as well.

Robbbb said:

labmofgod said:
well does it stay flat after you wash your hair becuase when you have super kinky curly hair it will lock up much faster and it will be comfortable.

Robbbb said:
Thee natural metodh wouldnt work well for me lol, when i get in up in the morning my hair goes all flat and lobsided as i have major kinky curly hair. Walking around with a flat head for ages waiting for the dreads too form would not be so good haha

labmofgod said:
dont go to a salon its so easy to get dreads all you have to do is allow some time and you will find that your hair will group up rather quickly and become dreads on its own read some of the natural methods under the dread methods tab in the forums or you could try backcombing with out wax or better yet try using the twist and rip method... but i wouldnt recommend those either because they will hurt your head look odd and they will damage your hair quite a bit and going to the salon to get them done will do horible amounts of damage to your hair... also they will probably end up puting wax in your hair.

Robbbb said:
The wax is Yellow 100% bees wax i'll not be using it as i have booked to get dreadlocks done in a sloon. The price is 50+ what would make the price increase?

Perculator said:
Wax is bad for dreads whatever. but What wax are you using? Is it the type that is made with 100% beeswax with petroleum Jelly in or similar?
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Washing hair is better for the process from my expeience my hair feels better when dried after a wash and I've not combed for nearly three months now and have four to five inches of growth labmofgod said:
yea no problem man. if you need further info check out some of Soaringeagles discusions about the natural method... also try and find yourself a wool hat or tam if you can that will cause your locks to lock up so much faster... dont know how though

Robbbb said:
Ahh, i see noww. Thanks for the helpp ;]

labmofgod said:

Robbbb said:

labmofgod said:

Robbbb said:

labmofgod said:

Robbbb said:

Perculator said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form