Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

18 dreads?

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

You don't actually have to put a dime or a pencil on your head. Just look at your head and kinda make a section that size. I didn't do bricklaying patterns. But go out side and look at a brick wall. the bricks have a pattern. Say that these 4 xs equal one brick or one section ok?

XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

where there is gap between two bricks in one line....in the next it is the center of a brick in the next. You can do this vertically and horizontally so that there are no long straight parts on your head.

updated by @taye: 07/22/15 06:43:35AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Imagine your head without any hair...just scalp. Now imagine the scalp covered in coins all over. The top of your head is covered side by side with dimes and the sides and back of your scalp is covered in mostly nickels and a few quarters. Now use that vision as a guide. section your hair at the scalp like that.

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

You are such a blessing, thank you immensely!!! I'm sorry for all of the questions, I almost didn't post this but am so happy that I did and for your responses!

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

You are the blessing :) Don't ever be sorry for questions.

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Gosh, you are so sweet! (:
Well, I twist and ripped 5 sections, and now I'm worried that they're too thin, could you please tell me what you think? This is half of the bottom section, I tried making them nickel-sized, with one quarter-sized.

taye said:

You are the blessing :) Don't ever be sorry for questions.

updated by @meg5: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thry thicken up a ton as they mature those thin ones can end up pretty fat still

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Princess Kay
@princess-kay
11 years ago
47 posts

Interestig post!

I have a question for taye:

I think i might have the same problem you had, some of my dreads in the back top of my head might be too thick....

have i read that you separated them? how? you didnt have to undoe them?

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Oh wow! So it looks like I'm on the right track now?

soaring eagle said:

thry thicken up a ton as they mature those thin ones can end up pretty fat still

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yep perfect

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I don't really have anything constructive to add but I just wanted to say how great it is seeing all of the gurus banding together to help out the new guys, shows how great the community here is :)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form