Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super greasy hair on my forehead? Don't know what to doooo

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Hey everyone, so I have alot of hair that fell out of the dreads on my forehead, it just hangs down like bangs did, it's about 5 inches long, the problem with it is that it's super greasy after one day, and I don't know how it can join another dread, like it just seems like it won't, I have no idea what to do with this hair, any suggestions? Thanks :)
updated by @corey-ledgerwood: 02/14/15 03:29:51AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

That loose hair is due to face oils that you produce throughout the day, you probably have an oily forehead which the hair in that area brushes against all day long, causing any knotting to slip out. I know...I too have that problem, even around my ears. Try washing your forehead several times a day to remove the oils that keep appearing. I am 15+ months into my journey and those areas are now just starting to dread, just taking much longer, but the frequent washes are helping. If you have the Himalayan Sea Salt Spray, use that in those areas also. If you find the hair is still oily at the bangs area, wash them a couple of times a day with luke warm water, a teeny bit of dawn dish soap and a face cloth. If you drive, keep some wet wipes in your car and use those to wipe that area, you can even wipe the hair with them.

Knots do like to form on hair around 6 inches, so the constant wiping and the length should get it to dread soon...peace

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Alright thanks, I'll try washing my forehead more often, I usually do in the morning and before bed with this acne wash stuff, but I'll try doing it a a couple more times a day. Do you think it would help keeping my hair off my forehead all day with a bandana? Since its summer and I don't have school or a summer job yet, I can. Or would that slow down the dreading process since the loose hairs are being held down?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Bandannas are better than hats. But they will slow down the process a bit. To be completely honest, get used to those loose hairs. I'm 7 years in, and I still have those loose hairs around my forehead,ears, and nape of my neck. Some of use have that hair lock up over time, others take much, much longer. It won't really effect the progress of your locks

amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

The Pink Himalayan Sea Salt spray that you can find thru this site will help too! My hair went crazy when I started using it. In fact I had to stop using it so frequently because my hair was dreading too fast... I was having a hard time keeping up with separating. It's awesome stuff!

Naturally the salt will dry your hair out some so it will help and put it in the perfect shape for dreading. You might use it on your whole head or just your bangs. Just experiment and see what's right for you :)

Note: I'm in no way affiliated with the shampoos or sea salt spray. I just push it because it's THAT good :)

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Alright I guess I'm just gonna let it run free! I've been tucking it up and around in other loose hairs from the time being, and I hope the amount of loose hair in these sections decreases over time, and as for the sea salt, I'm pretty broke at the moment and don't really have a way of ordering anything from the Internet, do you think making my own sea salt spray would be effective?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

table sea salt is the last resort. But it work alright. Better yet, go to a pet store that sells fish supplies, and get the sea salt you'd use in an aquarium. That stuff is designed to create an ocean like consistency and salinity.

Mix 3.5% salt to water, and you're good to go

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
I have something in the cupboard that says all natural sea salt, 100% pure Cali sea salt. Would you say yay or nay to that
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

If it's all you have right now, you can use it. But I wouldn't use it all the time. For about $5 you can get aquarium salt

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Alright. And what would you say about tnr the loose sections of hair then spraying with sea salt just to see what it does? Or should I just leave em
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form