Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads and jobs

Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts

But if you admitted that you were gay before the policy got changed you got kicked the fuck out. losing all your benefits and pension.

Killing people should most def. be against every moral fiber of every human in the entire universe, we should all love one another, lift each other up and grow as a whole together. But sadly this also isnt the case. Were all wired and raised to believe different things. So if you try to hurt me or my loved ones... i will kill you. plain and simple, i will always protect mines

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id never kill noone noi matter what

but

isnt that exactly how the policy changed? it was challenged if you dont challenge the policy and stand up for your rights..you have none

they will take every right you let them take

hell dont you think every corporation in the world would love to bring back slavery? and they would if you let them

you only have the rights your willing to stand up for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
John Robert Luna
@john-robert-luna
13 years ago
5 posts

I work as a Corporate Communications, Ads and PR Writer. Prior to that, I was a writing instructor. So far, I've never had a problem with my dreads (or my tattoos). An excellent portfolio or a good record from previous employers surely overpower my appearance. :P

Fitz the viking
@fitz-the-viking
12 years ago
9 posts
I am a registered nurse. I had to ask permission from my dept sister, sister, matron, head of nursing and the director of nursing before someone finally made a decision. Luckily I was stood next to my African boss with her weave of 2 foot plaids. She just said how the hell can I say no! 2 days later my little fellas were born. Had nothing but compliments about them.
Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

Fitz that is so cool! I work from home doing medical transcription, work from home as a massage practitioner and metaphysical minister, and sing in a band. Since I am my own boss, there was no problem! LOL I find people are drawn to my dreads, and open up to me more now that i have them. Even total strangers. It's interesting. My dreads seem to be a bonus all around!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's so great. I'd love to be my own boss. But the profession I'm getting into won't allow that for years. At least I am pretty sure no one I'll work for cares about mine. I'm going to be a research scientist. Almost every scientist looks kind of funny. If I were to cut them and look clean cut I'd stand out like a sore thumb.

The only thing I am upset out having locks for is that I can't grow my hair out and donate it to locks for love. My girlfreind does it once a year (her hair grows really fast).

That being said, I always wanted to start my own organization to collect dreadlocks and make wigs out of them for kids who don't just want straight hair wigs. I know why "Locks for Love" doesn't accept locks, but if I could get my hands on peoples old ones that they decided to cut, I'd love to see what I could do.

If anyone is interested in helping me out, or knows how I could get started, I'd love the input

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

babba theres a discussion on that someomne staerted an org doing that but has been hard to contact theres a dude with 23 year old dreads ready to donate to make 3 or 4 wigs out of them so all it takes is contacting the ppl and start your own discussion then find kids who want them

id start looking for kids right away to determine the need

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

good call. I just need to find the time to hit up some local hospitals and see if they'll let me talk to cancer ward

updated by @baba-fats: 02/14/15 04:11:05PM
Fitz the viking
@fitz-the-viking
12 years ago
9 posts

Janice said:

Fitz that is so cool! I work from home doing medical transcription, work from home as a massage practitioner and metaphysical minister, and sing in a band. Since I am my own boss, there was no problem! LOL I find people are drawn to my dreads, and open up to me more now that i have them. Even total strangers. It's interesting. My dreads seem to be a bonus all around!

That's really good to hear. I was expecting more negatives about dreads but only recieved positive so far. Just occasionally I think society might becoming tolerant. You sound a busy person, what type of band do you sing in?
updated by @fitz-the-viking: 07/22/15 05:16:13AM
Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

I am busy, but I like it that way! I am always learning new things. This suits me well, as an Aquarian. The type of music I do with my current band is 70s-90s, mainly. Steve Miller Band, April Wine, Bryan Adams, T-Rex, Journey, etc. We do a little bit of more current stuff (Pink, Cold Play) but not as much as the Classic Rock. It's sure fun!

/ 16

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form