Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

jobs for introverts

Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
hello all. so i had a question for all you introverts like me aboit job options. i have been having a really hard time finding a job i feel comforyable in because our society is so service baded. i have been told many times to just get a customer service job and ill slowly get more comforyable with people but ive been doing that for 5 years and its just not for me. i have a liberal arts degree which pretty much means nothing these days and plan on continuing my education toward environmental biology but as of now im feeling lost. any siggestions? what do you guys do?
updated by @nimbostratus: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
Yeah I am friendly when you get to know me but have anxiety around people I don't know and at the end ofthe day feel completely drained. My last job was in hand packaging and I liked it but it was only a temp job. Thank you for your feedback. I should look into more factory or warehouse jobs. I am just having a hard time without experience. A lot need forklift or other exp with machinery
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Well, I'd say that the easiest job for you to get that wouldn't involve customer service would be a 3rd shift stocking job at a grocery or department store. I've never had one of those before -- I'm actually an extrovert and would probably die of boredom if I didn't work around/with a lot of people, haha! But many of the people I know are introverts, and most of them have jobs similar to the type I just described.

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

if you can work in a kitchen you can deal with the food & not with the customers, some stores hire people for displays & you come in every couple of weeks (so very little work unless you are also doing other jobs in the store) to switch out the new clothing lines & redress themannequins& set up the props, or a warehouse job (picker, packer, sorter don't require forklift work in the warehouse i knew just a lot of running around).

Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
Yeah that sounds good but I'd be sleeping all day. Haha but I'd get used to it. I don't have a problem working in small groups generally, with coworkers and whatnot. I just don't like working with "the public" lol thank you!
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

yeah i feel ya, i have the same problem ;)

Nimbostratus said:

Yeah that sounds good but I'd be sleeping all day. Haha but I'd get used to it. I don't have a problem working in small groups generally, with coworkers and whatnot. I just don't like working with "the public" lol thank you!
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

I don't have a suggestion for you, but this post actually taught me a little about myself...... I'm such an introvert its crazy, and never knew there was a word for it. I always just thought I was shy, but thats not it at all... I had to look up what introvert meant but it's so me, I'm trippin out....I really thought something was wrong with me...

Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
There is nothing wrong with you beauzay its just a matter of where you get your energy from, the world outside of you or the world inside of you. The only problem with labeling yourself as an introvert is that you tend to make it a bigger deal than it should be. My sister says I hype myself up to much and get more anxiety about it because I've decided that I am one way and have locked myself into feeling worse in social situations because of it. But I wouldn't worry about it. just be yourself and don't tell yourself you'rebroken when its completely normal to feel that way.Hari thank you so much! It is hard to focus on what I want when I really am in need of money but I guess that's what I posted for in the first place. I know I could get a job now if I settled but I know I'd be unhappy and out wouldn't last long. I really should try to find some sort of environmental job but having no experience or training in it yet i don't know where to start. I'll have to do more research.
Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
I am so thankful to have found this site. There is such a sense of community and overall inclusion that you don't get elsewhere. Everyone is so great thank you everyone for your input. Lots of helpful ideas :)
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

I use to be like that when I was in high school. Now I talk to everyone and just be comfortable with me. I had to build up my confidence to be able to talk to everyone. I wanted to be comfortable being the true me in front of everyone instead of quiet around people I didn't know.

anyways I am in college for VMT which is a vet tech and I work in the kennels. I would suggest doing that. you work with animals the whole time and only have to deal with the person in charge of the kennel or whoever is working with you. You can look up boarding kennels or your local shelter

updated by @tiedyedsoul: 07/22/15 05:17:17AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form