Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nusing job with dreads?

Lily-Nicole
@lily-nicole
12 years ago
20 posts

I plan on going to nursing school when I graduate, so I was wondering if I can keep my dreads?

I want to now now if I can keep my dreads as a nurse, because if I can't then I would rather get the shaved head out of the way now, you know. Mom said I am worrying too much about the future but at least by the end of high school and nursing school I would have a decent amount of hair on my head.

So, what do you guys think.

Don't sugar coat it either, I would like to actually know.

xxox

Lily-Nicole

updated by @lily-nicole: 02/14/15 03:19:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

we have more then a dozen nurses on here with dreads and a dr too

ofcourse u can have dreaes and be a nurse

theres 1 exception well u still can but it presents a risk a danger if your in a mental ward or dealing with behavioral problems mr group homes that sort of thing where someone grabbing your hair and oukling it maybe an issue ofcourse theres a risk there if u have hair long enough to grab but that is the 1 and only issue you may have to deal with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

yes you can! There was a nurse with dreads in the postpartum part of the maternity ward my daughter and I were at. Well...I was there...she was off in another part of the hospital in the NICU.

I think the more progressive the hospital you work at, the more likely they will accept dreads.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
I'm a nurse. Some of my old folk actually like em. I got two ladies who were "flower power" in the 60's 70's. They love them.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

oh yeah...not all old folk are against them! One old lady I met once told me I was the first person with dreads that she felt comfortable enough to talk to about them. You say you want to know this now before so you can shave your head and have some hair by then. Well...just think...in like 4-5 years of growing dreads...it's really easy to put them in up dos and they look GOOD. You have less probs with straggles and frizzies...and...you are more comfortable with your hair. You also don't let it define you.

Lily-Nicole
@lily-nicole
12 years ago
20 posts
thank you guys so much! I wasn't really sure but I think you guys are right. As long as I keep them well maintained and I learn some nice ways of doing them I'll be fine. It's good to hear from some actual nurses who have dreads and some people who have seen nurses with dreads. You're so right Star, I shouldn't let it define me. Thanks guys.
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Well i'm a veterinary technician. Not the same but similar. People love em. And second, if the dreads are healthy you can always comb them out. It'll take patience and work, but no need to shave.
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

Keep them! As long as you can put them up out of your face, they shouldn't discriminate on you. I am applying to nursing school next month and I dare them to tell me to cut my locks! Good luck!

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Pretty much the only requirement is that you pull them away from your face if they're too long, but thats required anyway with long hair
Lily-Nicole
@lily-nicole
12 years ago
20 posts

You guys are so right, I was just over thinking it. Thanks again!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form