Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

end six flkags descrimination against dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Six Flags Theme Parks: good enough to take our money but not our employ.

Thanks so much for helping to get the word out. Still there is so much more that we need to do and a short bit of time to make a valued impact. Summer is rapidly approaching and that means millions of students and families looking for something to do this summer. Let us help redirect our massive spending potential away from Six Flags until they make a change in the way they view our youth. Because it is the very same youth, dreadlocks or not, who we push to look for summer employment especially in a depressed economy, that Six Flags won't even interview.

So if you are a beautician, barber or salon and barbershop owner or if you know one, please start talking about this in the environment that will properly engage the fullness of the debate. We support the businesses that do not disenfranchise us. Point blank period.

Talk about this at church and at work. If your child doesn't have dreadlocks but a friend of theirs does, then it is relevant to you still.

K. Abahu

sign this petition now

http://www.change.org/petitions/six-flags-stop-discriminating-against-people-with-dreadlocks?alert_id=jxVlDlQKXw_yTjSdHGhOZ&utm_campaign=jxVlDlQKXw&utm_medium=email&utm_source=action_alert

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:28:36PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I heard about this about a week ago. A member posted about not being able to get a job there. I found the article online and said my peace. Hopefully if enough people speak out, they'll get a clue

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea its been circulated on facebook alot..but oddly enough my mom senbt it (with a lil note saying i still dont like dreads but i signed this and i think you should too)

my moms pretty politicaly active and all but still was surrprised she went out of the way to sign it let alone forward it to me

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's awesome. Congrats. My mom would never do something like that. I've had them for an age, now and she still thinks it's immature of me to wear them

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

i heard of this somewhere, same with the police denying applicants who had dreadlocks. i signed the petition, we're not far from the 25K mark.

Mogli
@mogli
12 years ago
6 posts

good man bless your mom for being involved in a probable cause

soaring eagle said:

yea its been circulated on facebook alot..but oddly enough my mom senbt it (with a lil note saying i still dont like dreads but i signed this and i think you should too)

my moms pretty politicaly active and all but still was surrprised she went out of the way to sign it let alone forward it to me

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

This case is from 2 years ago! Why is everyone just talking about it now??? How about boycotting Six Flags because they have the WORST safety record of an amusement park chain in the world?!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That and the fact that they just banned a guy from all of their rides because he has no hands. They say it's a saftey hazard. Who rides a roller coaster and holds on anyway?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they are still actively gathering signatures and fighting the case

these things can drag on

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the same guy would have no trouble finding some company to take him skydiving or bungey jumping

Baba Fats said:

That and the fact that they just banned a guy from all of their rides because he has no hands. They say it's a saftey hazard. Who rides a roller coaster and holds on anyway?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form