Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby Dreads: Should I Wait or Tell My Boss Now?

Samalamajam
@samalamajam
12 years ago
14 posts

So, I just recently got hired at a job. During my interview and every time I've had to go in I have put my 3 month old baby locks up in a "bun pony-tail thing" to hide them.I feel like waiting and not telling her in the first place is dishonest. I could be making a worse decision by keeping it from her. But, I didn't want the stereotypes of dreadlocks to stop her from hiring me.

Now that I have the job should I:
continue to wear my hair like this until she asks something
or
come out and tell her now
or
tell her once they've matured to the point I can't hide?

I have another month (max of 2 months) before they're blatantly obvious where I won't be able to hide anymore.Anyone have this situation or any advice?

updated by @samalamajam: 01/13/15 09:17:18PM
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

She hired you...not your hair. What is the big deal? It is your personal business. No reason to say anything at all. If you were not starting dreads.....would you ask her if you could trim your hair or bleach it? No you would not. So why tell her. Do you feel you need her permission to make a personal decision? To be honest, it will be a while before she even notices. By then you should have had the time to prove what an incredible employee you are :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i hid mine for a ioffice job

1st day on the job i let em loose (dont tell her just dont hide it either)

as soon as i let em out the pres of the comp walks by and just says "wow" then that was that

a year goes by and they are making promo materials..calander posters mugs that sorta thing they featured my pic along with the whole (small) office staff (but i was front center) on all the promo stuff as part of the corporate image

i wouldnt say a word

i would tie em up neatly when u want let em down when u want let thenm ask u about it then u just say im letting it dread for spiritual reasons and leave it at that

ct confused if they act like they got a problem with it and just say would you stop a jew from wearing a yamikas or a muslim a burka?'

and leave it at that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form