Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

viewpoints on hemp jewelry

Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
I used to wear a lot of hemp, I don't very often anymore because I feel like people that see me at work will automatically think I smoke ganga. Especially with dreadlocks. So when you see someone wearing a hemp necklace with dreadlocks do think they smoke? I just wrapped a crystal...I'll attach a photo, either way I am putting it on hemp. Just wondering some of your view points. Thanks for your time!
updated by @torie-shea: 01/13/15 09:08:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm thats silly

do u assumme columbus smoked weed cause the sails and ropes that brought him here were hemp?

do u assume that all americans smoke weed cause the constitution and the flag were made from hemp?

do u assume ford smoked weed cause he made a car from hemp>?

industrial hemp is simply a very good material to make stuff from

do u assume everyone who wrote or read a book smokes joints cause both involve paper?

many pipes are made of metal or glass some smoke ut of soda cans potatoes carrots and apples

do u associate every window item made of metal and all fruits and veggies witgh smoking weed?

and besides why should you be ashamed to smoke? if u go on actinbg like theres something shameful about it u feed the sterotype

screw that tatoo a pot leaf on your forhead and be proud

hell if cops drs anyone asks me if i smoke i say hell yes

its medicine

its fuel

its food

its renewable resources for building ..everything

its a universaly useful material

so be proud to wear your hemp

and to smoke it too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
Lol, yea it is silly. I wish it was legal for medicinal purposes in Wisconsin, because I could get it for sure. I just don't want to lose my job over some un needed drug test, over something as trivial as wearing hemp. There are literally no cool places to work in my town, I work at the artsyist place around...so I guess my boss wouldn't care anyways. That's why we are getting the hell out of here. We are seriously considering Eugene. So if anyone says anything about it, I will just tell them what you said.
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
Finished my necklace! Attached a picture!
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I think it's silly, too. Hemp is a very good material to use for lots of things. If you wore bamboo jewelry would someone assume you were a panda? :P

I also have several friends who buy hemp items on a regular basis, because they buy hemp cloth diaper inserts/soakers. :) I wonder if that means the babies smoke... ;) See how silly it is? Don't worry about what others think. Also if you're worried about the drug test, check the employee manual and make sure it would be a valid reason for them to request one. If it's not a valid reason, they can't request one and if they try, it would be considered discrimination. :D

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

To be honest with you, I really don't think some people even know what hemp is. I was wearing a necklace I made one day and this older lady said it was pretty and said she was surprised how nice twine could look....LOL Go figure. Even if someone knows it is hemp, they might not know anything about hemp.

Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
Lol, yea I know its a ridiculous post. Idk, I was just wondering. Everything is more in perspective with your view points put into place! Thanks ladies!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i moved this outta introduce yourself (it probly shoulda been asked in a group?)

--
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
. I noticed that after it was posted. Idk if only you can change that or if I could've. I should just delete it.yea
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nah keep it ill close it reopen it in a group

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form