Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Children with Dreadlocks??

gypsywoman
@gypsywoman
15 years ago
5 posts
I think its amazing when kids have dreds, I have two daugthers, one with very short hair, and one who had five dreds at the back(I wish she'd have more), altho when she started high school, she got bullied because of them, and asked to have them cut off...it was a very black day....but I know when shes finished school she can have more dreds.Its awful how some people see dreds and think the worse.My friends son is almost five now, and he has had dreds since 2 and half yrs old, his dreds are wonderful.Is your daughter going to have them then?
updated by @gypsywoman: 07/23/15 03:14:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if you ever met chevies kids you'd know they werre born to dread, they are magical wise beautiful spiritual amazing very loving kids..strong as can betheyre dad (well ravens dad not cheyannes) would try bullying them into calling themselves rednecks, but they would defyantly say no we are rainbows even at such young ages they are very strong and secure in who they are..they amaze mei'm hoping we can homeschool thembut even if they went through public school and faced ignorance from peers (who hasnt? no matter how much u conform ya still face crap from stupid kids) i know thwey would never back down and give into peer pressure to be anything but who they arethey got a very special mom..and they know they got me tooim very proud of those girls

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
When I first decided to get dready my daughter who is 9 freaked out. She begged me not to do it. Then I showed her pictures of some of the beautiful women with dreads and she changed her tune and asked for dreads. I did not let her do it. Mostly because I just started mine and I have no clue what I am doing. If she still insists a while down the road I might consider it.We unschool so I don't have to worry about conforming to a dress code or her getting teased either way.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
you know what youir doing you just dont knowyou knowso many sites make dreading complicated and confusing when dreading really happens on its own instinctivly MommaCrunch said:
When I first decided to get dready my daughter who is 9 freaked out. She begged me not to do it. Then I showed her pictures of some of the beautiful women with dreads and she changed her tune and asked for dreads. I did not let her do it. Mostly because I just started mine and I have no clue what I am doing. If she still insists a while down the road I might consider it.

We unschool so I don't have to worry about conforming to a dress code or her getting teased either way.

--
Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
15 years ago
33 posts
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!!! And you about made me tear up again readingyour stuff Soaringeagle. Me and my girls are waiting to come get you. I cant wait to get onthe road finally after three years of planning this eh? Our first roadtrip in the bus will be fun!!!Cheyanne asked me yesterday if she could dye a dreadlock rainbow on me,,lol. I dont know how im gonna do it, but I guess in the next few weeks I'll figure it out, but I told her I would. Soanyone have any good ideas on how to dye a rainbow dread?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
chevy pop into the chatu have perfect timingah rainbow dreads well 1st bleac h then semi perm dye ..alotta itotr u can use natural dies..or u can felt in wool threads of varius colors (feltings dammaging but if u just are caregfull only on the surface u wont harm the core alot ..id recomend other ways 1st_some ppl ive seen embroider theyres too Chevelle Trant said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!!! And you about made me tear up again reading
your stuff Soaringeagle. Me and my girls are waiting to come get you. I cant wait to get on
the road finally after three years of planning this eh? Our first roadtrip in the bus will be fun!!!
Cheyanne asked me yesterday if she could dye a dreadlock rainbow on me,,lol. I dont know how im gonna do it, but I guess in the next few weeks I'll figure it out, but I told her I would. So
anyone have any good ideas on how to dye a rainbow dread?

--
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
I was going to suggest doing a kool aid dye. It would be really hard though because you would have to try and apply the dye (whatever you use) carefully so it did not run together. You would have to buy an awful lot of colors if you went with a dye like Special Effects and it would cost a lot that is why I thought of kool Aid.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
chev i know i shouldnt hafta tell yas thisbut UNSWEETENED vcoolaide onlyno sticlky sweet dreads atractin bees plz

--
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Cheyanne is a beauty! My daughter just cut her hair last week. She gave herself bangs...I wanted to cry, lol. Her new bangs are sooo short! *sigh*Also I can't wait to see pics of your rainbow dread. :)
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Yup definately unsweetened koolaid!!! You use the little packets to do a koolaid dye.Echolynnrain, Last year I gave myself bangs. I wanted a pin up style bang like Betty Page and I cut mine a bit too short. Thankfully by wearing the right clothing and make up I was able to pull it off and they grew out really fast. Your daughter's will grow out too :)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form