Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I want my 3 years old daughter to have dreadlocks

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Aaaawww, she's adorable :) and I'm not a parent, so maybe my advice is just stupid, but I think if you find a way to explain it to her and she understands it then she'd be able to make up her own mind on it. I mean, if she doesn't like them, they can be combed out, but try to help your husband to understand that you think it'll be good for her and if it's what she wants then there is literally no negative aspect to it at all. Parents and relatives have this idea of how they want kids to look and act sometimes, but people have their own minds, even kids, so if it'll make her happy, why should she be denied it?

updated by @tara-c: 07/22/15 06:29:18AM
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
I totally agree with you! I was showing few pictures of kids with dreads, and she seems to like it. So I'm gonna go ahead and wash her hair, and clarify it. And do acv rinse, and comb it one last time(if needed).

And we'll see how her hair does on its own.

Thank you for your advice!

Tara C said:

Aaaawww, she's adorable :) and I'm not a parent, so maybe my advice is just stupid, but I think if you find a way to explain it to her and she understands it then she'd be able to make up her own mind on it. I mean, if she doesn't like them, they can be combed out, but try to help your husband to understand that you think it'll be good for her and if it's what she wants then there is literally no negative aspect to it at all. Parents and relatives have this idea of how they want kids to look and act sometimes, but people have their own minds, even kids, so if it'll make her happy, why should she be denied it?

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Oh that makes me so happy! As long as your husband understands no one else matters. You just tell your family members that they need to keep their negativity to themselves. Don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
That's true. Thanks a lot for the advice! I feel relieved.

Tied up in knots said:

Oh that makes me so happy! As long as your husband understands no one else matters. You just tell your family members that they need to keep their negativity to themselves. Don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

You're very welcome. I'm happy to have helped anytime but I'm especially happy to have played a tiny part in rescuing an adorable little girl from comb hell!

Her hair is going to lock up fantastically. I hope you keep us updated on her progress as well as yours.

Angela Lee said:

That's true. Thanks a lot for the advice! I feel relieved.

Tied up in knots said:

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
I definitely will post pics regularly :)
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think dreads on children are really really cute. I know my son likes the idea but gets really impatient when it's long and in his face because he is very active and sweats a LOT. Also, his school was hit recently with lice so I was grateful he has short hair now. He's in the first grade and if he told me this is what he wanted then I would help him achieve it. :)

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
That's the only thing I'm scared of... Lice.But I agree :) dreads on children is so cute!

Valrie said:

I think dreads on children are really really cute. I know my son likes the idea but gets really impatient when it's long and in his face because he is very active and sweats a LOT. Also, his school was hit recently with lice so I was grateful he has short hair now. He's in the first grade and if he told me this is what he wanted then I would help him achieve it. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

african americans are naturaly resistent to lice

u still can get em but its not very likely at all

and if u do get em its not that hard to get rid of lice in dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mindy
@mindy
12 years ago
12 posts

I don't have advice really because I don't care what other people think, but she is darling, and if she can make an informed decision, I'd totally let her hair dread! She would be adorable. My sister went through similar and had to have super short hair growing up since she would bawl every time my mom got the brush or comb out. No one even considered dreads, which is sad!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form