Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

people in my school

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
I agree with Tyler that is messed up JD! :-/ My daughter is going through the whole HS experience right now. Same age as you Tyler. She's at a private boarding school though. The same one I went to. It is agony though having to watch her figure it out. She's got a good head on her shoulders, and has been able to be true to herself, but she feels like she's not part of the in group for sure. I think she'd hate it there anyway. She doesn't have much tolerance for drama, bs and fake people. I've given her the option of leaving and doing an accelerated program at university. I think she'd enjoy the people and classes more. But right now she's intent in conquering hs. PS you don't have to be in public school to know what it's like to be working through your late teens, right? I'm betting you have a good idea of what adrian's working through. Plus since you aren't being tortured daily you're a good level headed base for her to touch in with :) We all need that.
updated by @elkeinalaska: 07/22/15 06:29:34AM
adrian pacheco
@adrian-pacheco
12 years ago
45 posts

thank you all i love this website everyone is so help full and nice im so happy i found this site

adrian pacheco
@adrian-pacheco
12 years ago
45 posts

man thats so messed up i couldnt take that it sounds like hell! but atlest that part of your life is over im going through it now i get made fun of people laugh and talk shit in my face but when i look at them they shut up cause they think ill fight them but im above that fighting in highschool cause a kid said something is pointless it dont solve anything your just going to keep fight the person over and over cause they gonna get more pissed

Jdwood said:

It's sucks bad being targeted at school just because your are different. I had it not so well myself in school. I was anEnglishspeakingstrawberryblond Jehovah's Witness with bad acneglassesandsomewhatof a nerd in a french catholic school. All kinds of mean things where done to me, locked in my locker, pants pulled down, in gym class I had my clothes put in the toilet and peed on. Some girls asked me out just to mess with me...it was not a good time. When I got back home my dad would laugh at whathappenedto me when I told him so I stopped talking to him about it. One day I just snapped and I beat the crap out of a guy who humiliated me and after that I got more respect....I'm not telling you to do that ofcoursebut once your are done and over with themutatedversions of adults you will see that life gets much better after the craziness ofhigh-school and always stick to being who you are.

Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

Yes, Adrian, you are right to remain above perpetrating any act of violence against another. I'm sure it has been helpful to read some of the situations others have endured in hs. One day you will be out of hs and leave the posers behind. Or at least you will have a much larger pool of potential friends to choose from who are REAL. As we age we realize that what's important is what makes us happy, not making others happy. If your dreads mean a great deal to you, keep them and do like SE says: Wear them proudly and with dignity. I'll bet there are students in your school who WISH they had the guts to be different, just like you!

And JD - omg, I just wanted to cry while reading what you went thru, luv. So sad and unfair. And you are such an interesting, insightful person! The lives we have lead to this point help to shape us into who we are today, even if it just means we decide "I am never parenting my kid that way," or "I will always stand up for myself from this day forward," etc. ((hugs)) from The Great White North, my friend.

Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

Thank you. I wrote this cause I just wanted to use my example to show andrain that no mater how some things seems to be bad it gets better. I appreciate the hugs :)

Janice said:

Yes, Adrian, you are right to remain above perpetrating any act of violence against another. I'm sure it has been helpful to read some of the situations others have endured in hs. One day you will be out of hs and leave the posers behind. Or at least you will have a much larger pool of potential friends to choose from who are REAL. As we age we realize that what's important is what makes us happy, not making others happy. If your dreads mean a great deal to you, keep them and do like SE says: Wear them proudly and with dignity. I'll bet there are students in your school who WISH they had the guts to be different, just like you!

And JD - omg, I just wanted to cry while reading what you went thru, luv. So sad and unfair. And you are such an interesting, insightful person! The lives we have lead to this point help to shape us into who we are today, even if it just means we decide "I am never parenting my kid that way," or "I will always stand up for myself from this day forward," etc. ((hugs)) from The Great White North, my friend.

adrian pacheco
@adrian-pacheco
12 years ago
45 posts

thanks :) like the black kids respect me for having the guts to do this to my hair lol i still get looks by teacher and students like even my principal! like what pissed me off is that my girlfriend is super smart right and im not the smartest kid ever but im a okay student then he saw us holding hand and walking and he said "oh! she hangs out with him"and im like oh hell no!! i looked at him and he turned away!

Janice said:

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

At 16 I was wearing all black, black nailpolish and eyeliner, black leather trench coat, purple mohawk, gauged ears, lip and tongue piercing. I was the only one in my whole school who even started to resemble what I looked like. Maybe it was just who I was, but really... screw them. Be yourself.

I'd say ignore them. They'll say ignorant things to you no matter what. It what people do in high school

Austin Mann
@austin-mann
12 years ago
19 posts

i know exactly what you are going through man. I'm 17 and a senior this year. My school is small,400 kids in my high school, in a little country town.if you don't drive a jacked up 4x4, werecamouflage, and hunt every chance you get, your not cool. So of course since middle school, i was different. When i went to school rockin my locs, i heard a lot of negative and rude remarks. A black girl told me i need to re-twist em and put beeswax in them because they looked like shit, and kept on ranting and raving while i just sat there after telling her im not black, i dont twist my hair, i didnt use wax to begin with and never will. She continued until the teacher made her go outside. Crazy man, im telling you. Even one of my teacher tells me almost every day that i need to re-do my dreads because they're to frizzy and bad looking. I'm glad i dont care what ppl think about me because ppl are rude.

adrian pacheco
@adrian-pacheco
12 years ago
45 posts

i dont care either but like the need to shut the fuck up its really annoying!!! there like you need wax and im like no i dont i dont need shit in my hair to make them "look good" i love my dreads and girls tell me if you were to cut your hair all off i'd date you and im like cool story bro this is who i am and im not changing for nobody

Austin Mann said:

i know exactly what you are going through man. I'm 17 and a senior this year. My school is small,400 kids in my high school, in a little country town.if you don't drive a jacked up 4x4, werecamouflage, and hunt every chance you get, your not cool. So of course since middle school, i was different. When i went to school rockin my locs, i heard a lot of negative and rude remarks. A black girl told me i need to re-twist em and put beeswax in them because they looked like shit, and kept on ranting and raving while i just sat there after telling her im not black, i dont twist my hair, i didnt use wax to begin with and never will. She continued until the teacher made her go outside. Crazy man, im telling you. Even one of my teacher tells me almost every day that i need to re-do my dreads because they're to frizzy and bad looking. I'm glad i dont care what ppl think about me because ppl are rude.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Whoa. Not to point out the obvious, but anyone who would only date you if you cut your hair is not worth the ground I spit on, and I spit everywhere. That's a lot of ground

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form