Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

life partner doesnt find dreads attractive

Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I would like to go on record that ALL of the woman on this site are beautiful :) neil coe said:
i too agree, with both SE and Knotty..... agree, maybe he dont really know about dreads, not that this shoulld be an issue cause like se said he should love you for you, but maybe sit him down and show him some of the lovely ladies on here with long beautiful locks.....just plain sexy.... like RAE, NaturalWomyn, Dawnmarie Currier, Pixie,, just to name a few, so many others.... i have no word for the beauty these ladies have. you cant look at some of these fine ladies on here and not think dreads are sexy.......... or you just plain crazy...........

updated by @jake-holland: 07/23/15 03:14:06AM
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
your right all of them are amazing beautiful, and amazing people...... but i was just saying if thats what shes showing her partner to show him how sexy dreads can be, since he said hes not attracted to dreads, then i would for sure show him some of those ladies, but your right man............... Jake Holland said:
I would like to go on record that ALL of the woman on this site are beautiful :)
neil coe said:
i too agree, with both SE and Knotty..... agree, maybe he dont really know about dreads, not that this shoulld be an issue cause like se said he should love you for you, but maybe sit him down and show him some of the lovely ladies on here with long beautiful locks.....just plain sexy.... like RAE, NaturalWomyn, Dawnmarie Currier, Pixie,, just to name a few, so many others.... i have no word for the beauty these ladies have. you cant look at some of these fine ladies on here and not think dreads are sexy.......... or you just plain crazy...........
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Very very well put.

heather said:
yeah SE really couldnt have said that any better....i had dreads for a long time...i shaved my head for personal reasons knowing full well that i woulds dread again....i met a guy we started dating i told him at some point that i used to have dreads and fully planned to grow them back he said that was awful and we wouldnt be together if he had met me when i had dreads honestly i didnt think much of this i sorta brushed it off like yeah right....worst mistake of my life...soon enough i moved across the state to live with him and found i was no longer allowed to wear make up...or the clothes i usually wore...he was constantly telling me there was something wrong with me soon i was not allowed to leave the house....then i wasnt allowed to use the phone without him present.....i became a prisoner so did my 6 yr old child....he destroyed us both....my point is dont brush this off it may mean more than u think it does...power makes people crazy and if he has the power to make u change yourself for him it will only get worse! i suggest u sit down and find out if its the messy hair hes worried about or if hes telling you his love for u has stipulations because love is unconditional and if you comb your hair mark my words its the beggining of the end
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
you know i had the same issue, when i first started dreading my hair my ex was all angry about it. I don't think it matters, like SE said....Your dreads will be with you for life, there's no guarantee with a man.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Man, we have some amazing people gathered here don't we? What a beautiful thing.
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
A beautiful thing indeed. :)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
You know, I started to go through something similar, but my mate changed his mind on the subject very quickly when he saw the amount of natural confidence the dreads gave me. He was originally of the mindset that only men, and especially only black men, had dreads; and they were the only ones who looked good with it as well. After showing him a few pictures, he started to rethink what dreads meant in terms of attractiveness. He was also just happy to see me happy, and that's all that matters to him. Sure, he'll always miss running his fingers through my silky waist length hair, but he also likes playing with the dreads (took him a while to get used to it though...xD) and will always enjoy how happy I am with them. I was worried that I might lose him over my decision to dread at first, but quickly realized that if we split up because of my HAIR then maybe he wasn't the one for me in the first place.If he really loves you, then he'll love ALL of you and back you even if he's not 100% on what you're doing. Just give it some time, that's all it took in my case too.
Jessica Chastain
@jessica-chastain
14 years ago
11 posts
I 100% agree with what soaringeagle Said. Your partner should be attracted to you, not your looks. I felt like I was in the same boat but I talked to my boyfriend about it an he said "I'm with you...Not your hair" It made me smile.
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
If my girl would have a hunchback, leaking green goo from her ears 24/7 and fart toxic gas,.... I would still crawl up to her at night cous she's my girl that I love, and the mother to my child. **Dreads can't be that bad?!?**(she isn't though :)
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
Dreads on girls are hot... nuff said! The guy is obviously insane!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form