Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads seem to be thinning, HALP

Charles Turner
@charles-turner
11 years ago
5 posts

As you can see in the pics, theres a gradual tapering as you get closer to the root. I've never done anything to my roots so I'm not sure whats happening. Any help with how to stop or reverse this would be brilliant, thanks.

updated by @charles-turner: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I have a few that look a bit like that. But from what the actual root looks like, it looks thick enough that you don't have to worry about anything. The root section is still thicker than the lock itself. So what is probably going on is that some extra hair got sucked into the lower portion of your lock, making it thicker. Or your hair just folded up on itself more towards the tip. There's a good length of the lock that seems to stay the same diameter all the way down to the root. That is probably going to be the actual size of the lock, as it grows out and keeps maturing.

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
11 years ago
91 posts

You read my mind. I am having the same "problem" with my dreads as well. How much did your hair shrink? I've noticed my ones that shrunk the most are super fat on the bottom and not as much on the top. It doesn't seem like I am loosing hair so I believe it to just be that my hair doesn't want to dread up as thick as it did in the beginning.

Another thing is look at your sections and see how/if they have changed. lots of ones that have morphed over the last year that were originally small that got larger or got smaller from other sections eating hairs.

There is a section on the right side of my head that used to be huge but now it's average almost on the small side because the two next to it ate a lot of hairs and as Iseparated(didn't notice until recently) I favored giving more to the other ones rather thanpreservingthe original size.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form