Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hard water = Dandruff?

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

I've been dealing with a bit of dandruff problems ever since I have had my dreadlocks. I'm starting to think it's because of the hard water?

Atm I use the 'Kiss My Face Whenever' Shampoo, until my dreadlock soapbar and liquid soap arrives.

Now.. I have a shampoo which i KNOW will get rid of the dandruff, but I would like to keep that as my last option.

Am I right when I say that hard water causes dandruff or?

updated by @gingerlocks: 02/14/15 04:45:12AM
ginger.rose
@gingerrose
11 years ago
45 posts
I'm also curious about this.
thomas richard greene
@thomas-richard-greene
11 years ago
12 posts

I would have to say yes it causes dandrufffrom my experience. I just started using dreadlockshampoo a couple days ago and my scalp is already getting better.

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

How long have you had your dreads? I know that during my first two months my scalp tok a little while to adjust to the changes of having dreads, but in time my scalp adapted. Tea tree oil also helps.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

im not so sure hard water does but dreads do at least early on

the only way u can test this theory is wash in softer water for awhile (couple months) then go back to hard a couple months and see

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have hard well water & never get dandruff. Since day one of dreading (1yr), I have used the baking soda, acv rinse, finishing with a cold rinse. Have you tried doing a deep cleanse with baking soda to lift all that away from your scalp? Certain essential oils will help for extreme dandruff, my mouse is not working well to post the recipe link, but type in the search bar "essential oils dandruff Soaring Eagle" and this page will certainly help you.

Do not use regular dandruff shampoo as a last resort, it WILL leave a residue

Peace

Is your hard water from a well or the city?

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

I used to use the baking soda and ACV, but it never worked with me. I used cold water, and essential oils.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

So try that page I recommended, it makes a paste to leave on your scalp, that should help it out. :)

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

How do I do the paste?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sorry I can't put the link here, but go to the search bar on the site & type in "essential oils dandruff Soaring Eagle", then you can read his post on how to do it. Hope it works well for you

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form