Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

velcro and zips + dreadlings= argh!

Wobby
@wobby
12 years ago
5 posts

Anyone else have issues with baby dreads catching on zips/velcro with clothing around the collar area particuarly??

Is it cos they are on the frizzy side with being newand this frustration will subside once they start to lock up?

Or does anyone have any tips on getting round those pesky littlevelcro hooks?!?

updated by @wobby: 08/20/21 10:50:56AM
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

it's very normal for them to catch on things...especially that early!

I used to always stick to the wall of my coffee shop while sitting outside if I accidentally leaned on it

velcro is the WORST!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

go naked

velcro will always be a pain

i hate it

my dreads attach to my shoes often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no..mugwort seed pods are the worse'

at a fest i leaned out of the car to grab something i dropped sat back up only to find i had only 1 dread..all my dreads instantly fused together into a mega knot with all those prickly lil seed balls

took 12 hours to seperate and another 12 to pick out all he lil peices

Star Gryphon said:

it's very normal for them to catch on things...especially that early!

I used to always stick to the wall of my coffee shop while sitting outside if I accidentally leaned on it

velcro is the WORST!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

oh wow! that's crazy! I don't remember what it was that was velcro...but when mine were babies something got stuck on my head...I remember crying cause I couldn't get it off me...had to get my room mate to help!

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Yeah, my earrings and zippers are always getting snagged but velcro is def the absolute worst. My head is always grabbing the velcro on my car visor. Someday Ill throw it out the window! The worst though was when I leaned into the bottom of the coat closet for something and came out with my husbands winter flight jacket completely wrapped around my head. >:-/
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts
When i first started dreading i had the u shaped earrings with the screw on beads on each end. I found myself constantly having to untangle my hair from them. I have 7 in one ear and 6 in the other. I ended up taking all the captive bead hoops to my piercer and tipped him to switch out my jewelry for me!
Tazz
@tazz
12 years ago
17 posts

haha. I get my hair in my food (especially gum if i'm chewing it) and definitely zippers. I got pasta sauce in my hair last time ><

Wobby
@wobby
12 years ago
5 posts

Your anacdotes at least made me laugh and feel abit better - how we suffer for our creativity!!!

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
I have a favorite jacket that has Velcro on the collar, I bought some more Velcro at Walmart and simply put a patch of fluffy Velcro over the the hooks of Velcro on the collar. Works for me.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form