Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp problems

joey4
@joey4
12 years ago
4 posts

I've been letting my hair dread naturally for about 10 months and they're starting to get pretty solid now. My problem is dandruff and moist scalp/oily hair. I have tried many different residue free shampoos and have tried vinegar, but nothing is working right, it's like my hair keeps going through different phases. For the last 2 months I've been using the Tea Tree and Rosemary Dreadlocks Shampoo Bar (which says helps dandruff); it works amazingly at dreading up my hair but most of the time doesn't help my scalp at all. I say that because the first month didn't help my scalp, but the last 2 weeks my head was itch free with no dandruff at all. But now I just washed my scalp yesterday and after my hair dried, my scalp is extremely itchy with dandruff and moist, and my roots are moist.

updated by @joey4: 01/13/15 09:36:01PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Oily hair means it's too acidic. Using ACV will only make it more acidic. Therefore more oily.

Get some Baking soda and wash with that. 1/2 cup of BS to every 5 cups of water. Normally you would have to use ACV to reset your scalps pH to a healthy level. But because it's already too acidic, wash a few times with just the BS until it stops being oily. Then, very gradually reintroduce the ACV.

In the BS wash, add some Teatree and Rosemary essential oils. They should help take care of the dandruff

liame wallace
@liame-wallace
12 years ago
1 posts

Dude try sebamed, it helped with my dry scalp/oily hair so much. Many people don't know this, but our skin & scalp actually have a pH of 5.5. When you use generic crappy shampoo, which have a much higher pH, it strips away that layer of your skin/scalp, which makes it really dry (explains the dandruff), and your scalp produces extra oil to make up for the dryness (explains the oil). the sebamed shampoo are pH 5.5, so it keeps your scalp healthy. My scalp isn't dry anymore, and my hair isn't all oily either. I'd def recommend it... here's a video about their shampoo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what temp water do u use the dredlockshampoo will do the trick but if your using hot water that may cause the problem o come right back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
malco
@malco
12 years ago
2 posts

does it leave residue?i dont have oily hair but i do have dry scalp,will this work?i have tried the bs wash and the acv rinse,they never help me.i even used the acv at full strength to kill my itchies,no dice...

liame wallace said:

Dude try sebamed, it helped with my dry scalp/oily hair so much. Many people don't know this, but our skin & scalp actually have a pH of 5.5. When you use generic crappy shampoo, which have a much higher pH, it strips away that layer of your skin/scalp, which makes it really dry (explains the dandruff), and your scalp produces extra oil to make up for the dryness (explains the oil). the sebamed shampoo are pH 5.5, so it keeps your scalp healthy. My scalp isn't dry anymore, and my hair isn't all oily either. I'd def recommend it... here's a video about their shampoo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its medicated and yea id guess residues i wouldnt use it have u tried the tra=eatrerosemary bars?

i have has no dr y skin no flakes nothng son=ince using them

and cutting out hot water

--
malco
@malco
12 years ago
2 posts

i dont use hot,always cold water,for years now but it doesnt seem to work.i have both the tea tree/rosemary and dragons blood ,they smell great but no effect on fixing my scalp:(

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I just saw an interesting video on dandruff/dreadlocks, she talks about using medicated shampoo b/c her dandruff is really bad. I'm no expert so I don't have any advice. This is another viewpoint....Hopefully you find something that works for you!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive used every medicated whatever there is including experimental ones that are still onot on thre market

mine was the worse u ever saw

chunks not flakes

the baking soda tearee rosemary nade it 80% bettter dreadlockshampoo.om cured o[]it completely

i have no flakes no itches no nothing

the medicated crap never worked at all

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form