dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brittle and breakage

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

it s not really right and spraying on isnt going to penetrate

soak yoir hair in water then mix 1/2 a cup bs and 5 cups war-ter pour it over your head soaking it thr]oroughly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 07:29:56AM
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts

Hey man hopefully this will help, but this is the recipe i go by according to Baker Street, who is a member of this site and is a pharmacist. 1/2 cup of baking soda, mixed with 5 cups of warm to hot water. ( i add two tblspoons of sea salt, but you dont have to) you soak that on your hair, massage it into the scalp( close your eyes tight cuz that shit burns) the wrap your hair in a towell for 20 minutes. Rinse out with warm water thoroughly then do your ACV wash. Which is 1 tablespoon of acv to 4 cups of water. Pour on hair ( dont wrap in towell) and let sit for 2-5 minutes. The longer you wait, the silkier your hair will get, you'll find what the right time for you is. I know its not a science, but this is as close to it as it gets.

P,S, i also add 6 drops of teatree oil, 6 drops of jojoba oil, and 8 drops of jasmine flower for scent.

TheOhm
@theohm
12 years ago
21 posts

what is not right? i use it in the shower on wet hair and focus on the scalp being verythorough. My hair is not in dreads so i am not trying to penetrate knots toclean i am simply trying to reduce/remove oil to induce knotting.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

try the 1/2 cup per 5 cups and pour it on so they are soaked

the acv for 5 min is for mature dreads uyoung dreads use less and rinse right away

u also do not need to scrub noe=r wrap in a towel

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TheOhm
@theohm
12 years ago
21 posts

i dont have any "dreads" yet.I use the same ratio just in a spray bottle. it does alright i just always have a bit of residue oil. never seems to be 100% clean. im hoping to find a better alternative to the bakingsoda avc wash. too itchy and time consuming,might buy & try that soap you advertise (dreadlockshampoo.com)

but i will try the large pitcher pour you suggest and ill let you know how that goes.

soaring eagle said:

try the 1/2 cup per 5 cups and pour it on so they are soaked

the acv for 5 min is for mature dreads uyoung dreads use less and rinse right away

u also do not need to scrub noe=r wrap in a towel

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
Using a pitcher is the easiest for me. I washed every other day until my scalp got used to it, and now I wash about every 4 days. I feel that washing often helps them knot because it relaxes the hair, and then it shrinks/tangles when it's drying. Hope that makes sense...

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form