Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats the longest you're gone without washing you hair?

MyNameIsMyName
@mynameismyname
13 years ago
8 posts

Thats it.

There all kinds of reasons people don't wash their hair. How did it effect your hair and scalp. Would you ever again go for any extended period of time without washing your hair?

When i was 17, i had an afro. I though i could make it nice, shiny an full, by allowing the natural oils to moisten my head. Every night for a month i would rub in some jojoba oil, and wear a shower cap to sleep. Id wake up and my head would be all oily and wet. It felt nice, and i thought i was doing a good thing, since i was led to beleive that this was a good idea.

It didnt kill me.....

updated by @mynameismyname: 03/03/21 01:45:30AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

unfortunately a cuple months (livin in a cabin with no electric or water) i would never do that again i was desperate i washed outside in 12 degree weather with a bucket of cool warer it was that bad i neeeeded to wash or go insane

my scalp was a disaster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jordan moore
@jordan-moore
13 years ago
11 posts
Two weeks
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
When it is really cold in the winter i have gone 2 weeks without washing. It just feels nasty. I can't go any longer.
Sarah6
@sarah6
13 years ago
7 posts
I can only go 3 days then I have to wash :)
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
I've gone abouta week and a halfwithout washing my hair (before dreading). I used this spray stuff on it though. Made it smell nice(: I definitely wouldn't do that now since I have a dry scalp and my baby dreads. The longest I'll go now is 3-4 days. More than that is jsut a no.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I myself dont go longer then three days. I met a cat with dreads down at the bar who claimed when he started his he didnt wash them for six months. Nasty.
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
phil thats what people did before there were soaps and maby some oils to smell good but that was kinda it haha
jameela bailey
@jameela-bailey
13 years ago
30 posts
ive went 3 months before, and thats because my hair needed a break from shampoo for a while, it was irritating my scalp, so i just used water instead to rinse them, if that counts for not washing?
RainbowSorrow
@rainbowsorrow
13 years ago
7 posts
3months.. I didn't want the color to wash out cause I was tired of always redying them but didn't want the faded dye look. It wasn't really that bad, didn't get as oily as I thought they would. But now I do in phases of dying them and then waiting a month to do the first wash, and after the color is washed out looking I wash it weekly until all the color is gone and then I'll recolor and keep it for a month without washing. I just get tired of having to buy so much dye, but I'm addicted to it being rainbow
updated by @rainbowsorrow: 07/23/15 05:04:37PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form