Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

LICE HELP!

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
13 years ago
530 posts
WTF I have lice! I forget what to do, we don't want to cut any hair here! I'm not sure if the kids have it but I for sure do!!!! gross yuck I cantbelievethis.
updated by @island-mamma: 02/14/15 08:15:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

70% rubbing alcahol bunn the hair pour on wrap in plastic like saran wrap let the fcumes kill em 1/2 hour (if u have any breathing issurees use a paper towwel tube to breath thru) actr u wash out the alcahol and see dewad bugs rfall out soak un undiluted vinager 10 min ..repeat every 3 days wash everutything add neem seed oil andteatree oil to youer shampoos and the kids shampoos

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
13 years ago
530 posts
shit i dont have rubbing alchohol I do have peppermint oil
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
13 years ago
530 posts
or vinigar will lemon work
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u need something to suffocate them alcahol fumes kill em vasaline works but in dreads..yuck mayonese works too alcahols the best option its cheap at any drug store

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
13 years ago
530 posts
I will get some in the morning. I soaked my hair in oil and peppermint for now and wrapped it in saran...i feel them jumping around frigg this is gross....
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
13 years ago
530 posts
itchy itchy itchy hell
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
teatree on the scalp will keep em from bitting for a couple hours keep u sane

--
Ogi
@ogi
13 years ago
1 posts

Hey, I'm just curious if it helped. =)

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
11 years ago
530 posts

I know this is super old but I'll update anyway. I CUT OUR DREADS! I kept doing treatments and they weren't leaving, I was over whelmed and panicked and cut them. I had thousands, my daughters was not as bad but I sliced a dread and found lice and eggs and paniced more and cut her hair too...I really deeply regret cutting my daughters dreads, she would still have her baby hair in her locks if I didn't freak!

She immediately started on her second set in 2011 and she just turned 6 and has amazing locks

BUT SHE has caught it again the first week of school! This time with patience and catching it so early I think we beat it! I also have been doing weekly lice treatments just to be on the safe side.

I used eucalyptus oil and a wrap to kill live lice, leave it on for an hour and soak hair in the tub for half hour, the lice float out dead then two days later I do the same with vinegar because the vinegar kills the eggs, it unglues and dehydrates them. So far it seems to have worked. I can't get the dead eggs out though :(

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form