Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Moisterizers

Colin2
@colin2
13 years ago
81 posts
Does Hair products for you scalp really nessecery for my hair texture ?
updated by @colin2: 01/13/15 09:01:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no

hair products arent

but since you dont produce oils some sort of moisturizer is needed fairly reguraly i wouldnt say constantly but you can tell when it feels dry and brittle then add a lil something even olive oil works tho not the best option

but its an easy 1 to have on hand when needed

think about all the homeless dreadies u see on the street do you think they panhandle for products?

lil aloe or jojoba or vitamin e or shae or whatever ..u can grow your own hare care products

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colin2
@colin2
13 years ago
81 posts
Thanks dude,and do rastas just leave it the way it is with out hair products like that?

soaringeagle said:

no

hair products arent

but since you dont produce oils some sort of moisturizer is needed fairly reguraly i wouldnt say constantly but you can tell when it feels dry and brittle then add a lil something even olive oil works tho not the best option

think about all the homeless dreadies u see on the street do you think they panhandle for products?

lil aloe or jojoba or vitamin e or shae or whatever ..u can grow your own hare care products

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they wash with a umm it comes from a tree.. or aloe whats the tree called ..umm..i cant think of it but im guessing it moisturizes like aloe

well i mean the rastas that wash in streams instead of showers

wish i could think of the name..cafeins not workin today

Colin said:

Thanks dude,and do rastas just leave it the way it is with out hair products like that?

soaringeagle said:

no

hair products arent

--
♪♫-aussielocker-♫♪
@aussielocker
13 years ago
49 posts

If aloe is a conditioner and not good on baby dreads what is good to use... my scalps been rather dry but always has been, is the jojoba or vitamin e or shae you mentioned ok to use? I know shae more for african hair ...

Mainly interested because ive seen a few mention in extreme natural that the oils that the body naturally produces helps dreadlocks mature, but there like all stringy and oily first, as my scalp is rather dry is their a substitute that will help.... not looking for quick fix for faster maturing mainly just curious.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what are u washing with are u using the sea salt african skin doesnt really produce oils so is perpetualy dry but caucasian skin ranges from dry to oily and that can be altered by what u wah with and how

if you use the bs/asc the bs will dry u the acv softens but also makes it more acidic so stimulates oil production naturally

id try not to condition till mature and instead adjust how u wash to not over dry it u want some drynessof hair without drying the scalp too much

if the bs/acv with tearteee rosemary and peopermint arent enough then yea aloe is the 1 id resort to but rarely ..why aloe because it has dual action conditioning..and holding yea the 2 things u dont want but since it washes away real easy the conditioning treats the hair and scalp while the way it shrinks to a tight film holds the hair in so no unraveling ..just while moisturized after washuig it out prgress maybe slowed ill the hairs dried out again

but usualy the bs/acgv and oils is all u need to treat the causes of dryness without moisturizing and conditining too much

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form