Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp itch, loops and blunt ends

Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
6 years ago
91 posts

I have been using dragons blood shampoo after doing my scalp with "Nizoral" (medicated shampoo) as I have had bad scalp for a year or two.

The Dragon blood helps the dread knot up, but if i just use dragons blood my scalp gets itchy again.  Have a Bar shampoo from your site too, which lathers

great, but doesnt seem to soothe the scalp.... any ideas please?

My dreads are starting to form nicely after about a year (only six months of totally letting hair down), some seem to be heading to create blunt ends, which i think

you said somewhere make them retain water more easily  Q- can i stop them going blunt to any advantage? or just let them go

My biggest dread concern.... literally!  is "Derek" my first born dread right at the back who is about a thumbs thickness and who's base seems to be from the nape of

my neck to halfway up the back of my head.  Much as i like his zigs zags and anarchistic style I think hes needs to be made smaller.  Your thoughts please..

updated by @gazzunger-the-grey: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

try teatree rosemary 1 and cold not hot water

if dereks that big you might want to consider  starting it over and controlling its size

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
6 years ago
91 posts

Hi SE,

ref my last post I have heard back from Vicki and shes trying to find out if the bar i got from her is "Teatree and Rosemary". She also has 

an anti-itch shampoo coming out soon(I hope).

Would appreciate your thoughts on the Soak and float shampoo bars I mentioned in my last post (ingredients there too)

Thanks

Weird!  ....  I just posted the above and it came out as being posted 4 days ago.... 

Here goes 2nd attempt

updated by @gazzunger-the-grey: 09/28/18 07:04:22PM
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I've tried a couple of different ones in the UK anf after using Vicky's I would never go back to them.

I can't speak for the Lush one but Vicky's definitely does seem like the best one around.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts
was 1 the dreadsuk crap?

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I don't really remember I stopped using it when I combed out the crochets. It definitely lathered up more and from what I do remember the ingredients were mostly chemicals.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts
sounds like it could be..pure crap

i do not see this soak and float post
we are havig caching issues im desperately trying to debug with no luck yet

--
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
I used to have super itchy scalp all the time for years. I had to force myself not to scratch at it. I would start scratching it without even realizing it. On rare occasion I would overdo it and it would damage my skin enough that it would form small scabs.

My head is rarely itchy now. These are the things I do differently now:

-Cold water rinse of hair, washing with gentle massage of the roots with fingertips, not fingernails. Just enough to exfoliate a little loose skin and oils, not too much rubbing too long.

-whatever method of drying, try not to overdry too quickly the roots.

-use purified water if possible (I have a shower filter to reduce chlorine and flouride and crap in the water). Or use purified water at least for the final roots rinse.

-move to a vegan diet. Eat nuts like walnuts, pecans, almonds, and have green smoothies packed full of nutrition and vitamins and nutrients.
Get a blender and put a lemon, rasberries, like a 1/4 pound of spinach and whatever else like some broccoli and maybe banana or pinapple to sweeten it. Throw in some flax, hemp, or chia seeds too. Blend it all up and enjoy. Your skin takes about 6 months to fully reset so be patient with the changes and you will probably notice a change by then.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts
i want to live with you your cooking and juicing sounds divine!!!!
your also very well informed

--
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
6 years ago
91 posts

Peace Shalom;  thanks for your advice.  my itchy scalp has calmed a bit, it seems to go through rebellious phases then settle down a while for no apparent  reason.

Cold rinsing helps, will look into  getting shower filter  (when I've been in a place that uses rain-water my whole skin improves), so will give it time and try and be patient

thanks.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form