Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question on Parting Dreads

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I figured I would make this a forum topic so that maybe other can benefit from this question.

I have a question on parting dreads, as I have said in other places on here my parting was done so that my dreads lay a certain way, and I was told on here to wear my hair in various ways for a few months to try and correct the 'gap' (as I call it) on my parting, for the most part, when I remember to flip my hair to various sides or back, I do wear it that way now when I remember to do so (which isn't 24/7, but more of when I actually remember to wear it that way...). I'm attaching a picture, with the general question of, how much longer would it possibly take to fix this? And now, as I write this looking at the photo, I realize that with the relaxed separating I do for them (as they really don't need much anymore at all), that helps too, so that it may get fixed soon.

I'm attaching a picture, with the general question of, how much longer would it possibly take to fix this? And now, as I write this looking at the photo, I realize that with the relaxed separating I do for them (as they really don't need much anymore at all), that helps too, so that it may get fixed soon.

Thanks for any and all advice!

updated by @ravens-light: 02/26/17 08:40:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

it looks 98% better already ..its nearly fixed don't ya think?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I do think that. I'm more wondering how much longer I should consciously flip my hair over to the side before it is finally sealed.   On a side note,....I am sort of wondering if I can continue to use the tea tree shampoo I have been using? As I am finding it is a really nice way to both get sea salt in my hair (and out obviously) and it's a bit less work than having to spray it on and or mix up a spray. (it's the one from Trader Joe's...I mean I haven't really had any issues with irritation (unless I get it in my eyes, haha). Still up in the air if I'll stick with it or go with dr. Bronner's bars. (end of side note)

updated by @ravens-light: 02/26/17 10:34:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

if its working why stop..

if you stop and  they hang the same way all the time again  the problem may return

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Good point. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I just realized that dr bronnersdoes have salt in it (at least the bars appear to, according to their website) does that mean it can help dreads tighten up without the need of sea salt sprays?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

does it have sodium chloride or does it have sea salt

--
Irie
@irie
7 years ago
41 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

does it have sodium chloride or does it have sea salt

Bronners bars contain NaCl (Sodium chloride; table salt) which chemically isnt different from seasalt.
Seasalt is still NaCl but depending on where it is from contains lots of different trace minerals.

I dont know enough about locks to know if its the salt, or the trace minerals that actually help tighten them up.
All salt came from the sea, the only real difference as far as I learned in school was that table salt is processed to remove said trace minerals.

(To clarify when I said all salt comes from the sea - Yes there are mines which means salt is coming from the earth but those deposits had been caused by an ocean that used to be in that region of the world)
updated by @irie: 02/27/17 03:49:20PM
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I re-checked the ingredients recently from a package of the soap, the bar soap does in fact, contain sea salt, not sodium chloride. The ingredients are as follows: organic coconut oil, organic palm oil, sodium Hydroxide (but it claims that none actually remains in the soap after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin), water, organic olive oil, Metha Arvensis, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, Metha Piperita, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol. 

It seems like it's pretty good.

Irie
@irie
7 years ago
41 posts

Raven's Light:

I re-checked the ingredients recently from a package of the soap, the bar soap does in fact, contain sea salt, not sodium chloride. The ingredients are as follows: organic coconut oil, organic palm oil, sodium Hydroxide (but it claims that none actually remains in the soap after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin), water, organic olive oil, Metha Arvensis, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, Metha Piperita, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol. 

It seems like it's pretty good.

Strange because their website has it listed as "salt" not "sea salt". Sea salt is sodium chloride also by the way, all salt is sodium chloride. The only difference would be the "impurities" like zinc, iron etc.
What specific bar is it?

https://www.drbronner.com/retailers/ingredients-castile-liquid-and-bar-soaps/

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form