Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A few questions on bs washing

Keagan R Walker
@keagan-r-walker
11 years ago
23 posts
Hello all, I havnt logged in in a while but I've been on the website almost everyday learning and growing from all the great advice. I do have so,e questions that I can't remember if I came across about a baking soda wash. First off do I use cold or warm water? Secondly, do I poor it over my head and let it sit for 10 or can I submerge my hair and scalp in a bucket with the bs and keep it submerged for 10 and then rinse in out. That's about it if any one has any useful tips I'd be grateful for the advice ~ much love
updated by @keagan-r-walker: 01/13/15 09:57:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1 warm to cool to cold

exception

if u live in uk u need hot to boiling to get it to disolve due to the alkaline water (wich cant be healthy to drink)

umm

are u really going to hang upside down with yoir head in a bucket for 10 minutes? wont your neck and back be in agony

the blood rushing to your head till u you submerge it too much and drown

it seems like it would be so much simpler to just stay upright and pour it on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keagan R Walker
@keagan-r-walker
11 years ago
23 posts
Lmaoo very true thanks se
Keagan R Walker
@keagan-r-walker
11 years ago
23 posts
One more question, I'm gonna take a shower after I do the bs rinse would or should I use a dreadlocks shampoo bar after I've washed the bs out or does it not really matter
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the bs is your wash u can do it in the shower not b4 the shower

i would sometimes use the shampoo after cause i loved it but if yoir young dreads then it defeats the purposw of a no touch soak

in that case id only use the shampoo and only use bs if my scalp was a mess or i was particularly grungy (like after 2 weeks in the wilderness covered in mud stinking like smoke..then id bother with bs)

theres 2 advantages of bs

1 its a no touch sio u dont disturb delicate knot5rs

and 2 it deep cleans and eats away at dead skin exfoliating

but the shampoo will make hair and scalp generaly happier and healthirr

Keagan R Walker said:

One more question, I'm gonna take a shower after I do the bs rinse would or should I use a dreadlocks shampoo bar after I've washed the bs out or does it not really matter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Warm water helped mix the baking soda way much quicker for me than normal water. Then pour it on your head, avoid it going in your eyes. Let it stay for atleast 10 minutes. wash it off with normal water. Then pour the acv mix on ur head and wash it out within a few seconds.. As ur dreads mature let it stay in for a couple of minutes before washing it off. Really easy no-touch wash for the dreadies haha. :) Good luck .

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form