Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

drugs and violence to peace and love

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i was looking at buying a theater right on the edge of a national forrest, the theaters only 14,000 ..ofcourse thats 13,000 more then ive ever had..lolbut we were tryin to get it as a group unfurtunately everyone bailed on the ideaoh but , in philly theres also the village center for arts and humanitiesits like 8 square blocks in a very run down area wheere they took several buildings for arts centers and theater/dance centers plus tuns of mosaic parks and gardens ..really inspiring place..google it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 11:40:31AM
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Man if I had the money I would be all over that theatre! Maybe we can get a group going for that again! :D Where is it? soaringeagle said:
i was looking at buying a theater right on the edge of a national forrest, the theaters only 14,000 ..ofcourse thats 13,000 more then ive ever had..lol
but we were tryin to get it as a group unfurtunately everyone bailed on the idea

oh but , in philly theres also the village center for arts and humanities
its like 8 square blocks in a very run down area wheere they took several buildings for arts centers and theater/dance centers plus tuns of mosaic parks and gardens ..really inspiring place..google it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i think its called irontown Missourilocal rainbows wanted to get it but havent gotten it together toits a beautiful building but old and might need a bit of fixen upthey also wanted 200 acres nearby for camping/fest space Izzy-licious said:
Man if I had the money I would be all over that theatre! Maybe we can get a group going for that again! :D Where is it?

soaringeagle said:
i was looking at buying a theater right on the edge of a national forrest, the theaters only 14,000 ..ofcourse thats 13,000 more then ive ever had..lol
but we were tryin to get it as a group unfurtunately everyone bailed on the idea

its like 8 square blocks in a very run down area wheere they took several buildings for arts centers and theater/dance centers plus tuns of mosaic parks and gardens ..really inspiring place..google it

--
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Well I know my way around a tool shed and with a little elbow grease and some volunteers and donations I believe it would be worth making it happen! I could live in missouri ;) soaringeagle said:
i think its called irontown Missouri

local rainbows wanted to get it but havent gotten it together to
its a beautiful building but old and might need a bit of fixen up

they also wanted 200 acres nearby for camping/fest space

Izzy-licious said:
Man if I had the money I would be all over that theatre! Maybe we can get a group going for that again! :D Where is it?

soaringeagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
the ppl there are sooo freindlyon the way to colorado it took us 48 hours just to cross missourii cause the truck kept breaking down..in missoirri if u break down and pop the hood instantly you get a few cars pulling over to helpwe had between 50-100 ppl help us cross the state 1 guy even took the starter out of his own truck for us and spent 17 hours working on it and would only accept 1 beer as payment Izzy-licious said:
Well I know my way around a tool shed and with a little elbow grease and some volunteers and donations I believe it would be worth making it happen! I could live in missouri ;)

soaringeagle said:
i think its called irontown Missouri

local rainbows wanted to get it but havent gotten it together to
its a beautiful building but old and might need a bit of fixen up

they also wanted 200 acres nearby for camping/fest space

Izzy-licious said:

soaringeagle said:

--
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Alright SE I say we get this ball rolling again!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i can contact the person whos in contact with the owner...but she may be hard to reach i think she travels alot too

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
find a lot u want to use, next research it city hall records find 1 thats city owned or is way tax delinquantthe local horticultural socierty will run a community gardening class take it they will not only teach u alot but will give u alot of tools and even build agfence around it for uthen just start doing it and getting the community involvedoh if thge lands privately owned not city owned write them a letter specifying that u want to make a garden and if they agree to it it will auto renew every year unless they withdraw permission if the letter comes back undeliverable save it unopened and then its as good as permissiononce its established u can conciderr a land trust which theres groups that buy the land for u u retain the deed as long as u promice to keep gardening it as long as theres a garden there then and being tended nobody can ever try using it for anything else.

--
Krissy Renee Jans
@krissy-renee-jans
13 years ago
1 posts
Wow very touching and inspirational story... well stories. =) Really really enjoyed this. Thank you for being you.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i really enjoyed doing it i mean id wake up and head up there we had an adobe oven in the lot so id fire it up (it was still going from the night b4 just add wood it was kept lit 24/7 for over a year) and id be there till 4 or 5 am sometimes it was so enjoyable

we'd be out there ofcourse all spring summer and fall but even dead of winter thered be 10-20 ppl there

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form