Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Water Fast

Blair
@blair
12 years ago
11 posts

I'm planning on doing a 14 day water/juice fast. Depending on how I'm feeling after the 14 days I may try to go to 30. I want a complete lifestyle change. I'm tired of having cravings for fast food and other junk, that isn't good for me. My family also has a history of heart failure, and obesity. My question is, has anyone else done it? What can I expect (other than hunger)?

updated by @blair: 01/13/15 09:33:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hunger the 1st 4 days thben once your past the 4 days you dont really notice hungr much

you will feel good ive nevr gone past 12 days yself but that was cause thats all we planned to do

the important thing is o break the fast gently..easy to fdigest steammed veggies or over cooked soups in small portions then slowly reintroduce more solid foods

dont push yourself too far i told u in chat about that yellow coating yoir tongue gets..when that goes away your completely purified free of toxins so then is a good time to break the fast if it happens at day 15 and you were planning to do 30 theres really not much point in pushing yourself the full 30

ive known alot of peopke to do 30 a few to do 60 even and a famouse relative did the longest hunf=ger strike in irelands historty (and wrote tge book that inspired ghandi) he died at 78 days

there are risks involved as u pu\sh the limmit so be smart and stop before u go too far

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

How would you prepare for a water fast? I think I might do the same. I'll aim for 7 days, but maybe go for 14. I don't want to take it too far.

Should I spend a few days getting loads of fruit and veg, so I don't have any nutrient deficiencies or anything? Maybe you don't know either...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

shouldnt need to just prepare mentaly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
I did a 21 day water fast. I did it for spiritual reasons. It was very cleansing spiritually and fisicaly. I did no preparation at all. Extreme hunger the first 4 days but after that it resides. The tricky part is after the fast... You should start with salads and fruits first. Eat healthy or your body will go bonkers. Nausea, diarrea, etc. Enjoy the journey and invest the time you save not feeding your body by feeding your soul!
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Sorry, SE. I kinda repeated a few things you said cause I didn't see your post.
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

SE- I'm just going to jump in with two feet. It's a kind of a spur of the moment thing, I suppose.

Joey- I'm not spiritual in the least.

Britany- This is not to stop eating shitty food. There are a few reasons. I've read of a number of potential benefits. Also, I recently quit drinking and I want to detox a bit, if I can. I got drunk the other night and with new years fast approaching, and all the pressure to drink associated with it, I want something to keep me focused. That, and I want to see if I can actually do it, having never done anything like that before.

Meijka
@meijka
12 years ago
23 posts

The first things you should eat first are raw fruits and veggies! They never have tasted so amazing before.

Diarrhea is promise if you dive into the minimal amount of fast food too soon. not fun.

I'm going on another cleanse when I finish eating all of my pastas in my pantry. ( I can't let it go to waste can I?) Good luck sister!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form