Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Hair Has A Hard Time Growing

FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Well.. I'm trying to get my hair to grow.. its almost there... I want to get it to 5-6 inches. -- I'm Black--African American.. My Hair is very coarse and kinky... and I've always had a hard time getting it to grow..what are some things that I should be using? And I know I have residue in my hair.. .whats the best way of getting rid of that?
updated by @foxyfresh: 02/14/15 10:58:36AM
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
to get rid of the residue use the baking soda wash, works like magicand how long is your hair now?sorry but i cant help you with making it grow faster
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Oh I understand that.. it all has to to with genetics.. my hair is 3 inches long now.. It was WAAAY longer.. 3 months ago.. but i went to the hair salon and she was suppose to trim it.. and she chopped off.. i was upset, but I couldn't change it, whats done is done.. Baking soda wash.. really? Any specific kind? what would it do to my hair? Daniel said:
to get rid of the residue use the baking soda wash, works like magic

and how long is your hair now?

sorry but i cant help you with making it grow faster
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
to remove residue use something like nutragena daily clarifying this will strip alotta buildup.to grow hair theres several things to tryi hear fish oil with omega 3 fatty acids but if your vagatarian use flax seed oil insteadoops vegatarian i didnt mean to imply lesbian..lolontop of that good nutrition helps mosttheres alotta herbs that may help too http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/herbs-natural-remedies-useful now the best i can offer is this \1: stop combing now! your hair is long enough to dread and if not it will dread as soon as its long enough, combing causes split ends which require trimmming so u lose 1/4 inch everytime u gain 1/22 use aloe vera gel to condition so u break less hair.3 use the aloe to twist sections into dreadlike ropes then alow them to dry and leave em be ..repeat if they fall apart..once they stay together ya are pretty much drewading up so leave em bejust seperate sections from eachother as needed (see ripping link on right)step 3 can be skipped for truely natural dreads but you may want to seperate anyway to prevent them from becomming 1 huge dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for baking soda cleans hair better and more gently then anything elsei never had a buildup so i cant say for sure it removes residue thats why i suggested the nutragenbabutwell if u do the baking soda and follow it with a dilutesd apple cidar vinagar rince the combo should indeed remove most residues, and leave hair sofdt and happy, i would not use the vinagar everytime tho as it makes it very soft ..save it for when you feeel too dry after the 1st use

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
also all hair grows at different ratesthis is my freind david alexander english

and from back

and this is me

we both started our dreads at the same vermount gathering 19 years agomine reached my toes while his barely reached his shoulders.sometimes thats just the way it goes.

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
You may use se's ideas just keep in mind that our hair texture requires moisture i like to twist my hair with un refined shea butter. No petrleum products. i also like to do a leave in rinse out hair treatment once a week this will be once your dreads mature a bit. Try this site h4d.com
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
nothing quite like a naked hike up a mountain soaringeagle said:
also all hair grows at different rates
this is my freind david alexander english

and from back

and this is me

we both started our dreads at the same vermount gathering 19 years ago
mine reached my toes while his barely reached his shoulders.
sometimes thats just the way it goes.

updated by @daniel: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Oh I understand!!! But, I don't want my dreads that to small or too big.. soaringeagle said:
also all hair grows at different rates
this is my freind david alexander english

and from back

and this is me

we both started our dreads at the same vermount gathering 19 years ago
mine reached my toes while his barely reached his shoulders.
sometimes thats just the way it goes.

updated by @foxyfresh: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Thats my my concern is keeping my hair moisturized.. because I don't have to explain it, but you know how our hair gets! LOL tha tron said:
You may use se's ideas just keep in mind that our hair texture requires moisture i like to twist my hair with un refined shea butter. No petrleum products. i also like to do a leave in rinse out hair treatment once a week this will be once your dreads mature a bit. Try this site h4d.com
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form