Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

veggie vegan omni ital? whats your diet and hows it relate to your dreadiness (if at all)

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

There are some Amish in Florida, but the meat I get is actually from PA. we order from them in a co-op once a month.

Baba Fats said:

JustsomeChick, there are Amish people in Florida? I didn't think they existed outside of Lancaster, Pa. That's awesome. There are a fewMennonitesthat set up a little market on a corner by my college. I buy produce from them when I have cash.

I'd love to be able to drive to Lancaster for meat for my wife. But it's a little too out of my way.

updated by @justsomechick: 07/03/15 06:55:51AM
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

Actually, from a scientific standpoint, that is a very bad idea. If everyone in the world stopped eating meat, animal populations, and therefore death from starvation and sickness, would skyrocket. Not to mention that human beings evolved eating meat. While I think some people can thrive from a vegetarian style diet, not everyone can. I did terribly on a vegetarian diet.

Tim said:

I have been vegetarian for quite some time. The killing of any creature for any reason cannot be justified. Stop the killing, is what this world needs. It's not ok.

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

I think saying that cows mourn is quite a big thing to say. Do you have any evidence of this? studies though, nothing from PETA or any other biased source.

I mean, think about it. A cow stops caring about it's young after they wean and can function on their own. This cannot be said about humans. They are functioning off of instinct in that case. That doesn't tell us whether or not they feel emotion in the same way human do.
ToTheAnkles! said:

I've been avoiding all meat from farmed animals since I was 12. I still eat fish, but only wild and only very few species (alot of fish has high level of toxins).

I think there's a difference between one animal species and the other. There's a difference between a cow, which takes care of it's young, is a social animal which is capable of mourning the death of it's relatives and a snake, which completely lacks the part of the brain that's used for the more complicated emotions in most mammals and birds. Since we don't kill people and eat them (would be great if we could do this with politicians) and justify it by saying "Well they had a nice life..." then I think that eating an animal like a cow isn't ethical either when it isn't essential for survival.

Just think about Bambi's mother, will ya?

And the way meat is produced these days is terribly unhealthy. And it's really expensive. Why would I eat a steak when I can get the same number of calories for 1/5th of the price in the form of lentils? When your as big of a health freak and cheapass as I am then eating meat is the first thing to go, so it's not like I even need the ethics to stay away from it. Apart from financial ethics, maybe.
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

From a scientific standpoint, building weapons is a very good idea. I don't trust scienctific standpoints. Nature would find a balance.

JustSomeChick said:

Actually, from a scientific standpoint, that is a very bad idea. If everyone in the world stopped eating meat, animal populations, and therefore death from starvation and sickness, would skyrocket. Not to mention that human beings evolved eating meat. While I think some people can thrive from a vegetarian style diet, not everyone can. I did terribly on a vegetarian diet.

Tim said:

I have been vegetarian for quite some time. The killing of any creature for any reason cannot be justified. Stop the killing, is what this world needs. It's not ok.

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

Yes, nature would find a balance. through animals starving to death. that is nature's balance. now which death do you think is better? a long drawn out death, or a quick death followed by being thanked for their meat (which is what i support.)

and what scientific standpoint supports building weapons? I'm talking science, not politics.

k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

i just dont get any reason to stop eating meat other than if for someweirdreason cannot healthily. I do not get the argument of killing animals being wrong. Why can other animals kill and feed off of animals? but for some reason we (humans) shouldnt, even though we are also animals. Also plants are living just like the animals. A plant will do whatever its capable of to live on. Its roots will grow toward water, or branches grow towards the sunlight, whatever the case. Every form of life on this earth seems to do what it can to survive, so whats the difference between eating animals, or eating plants? You are killing a life form either way.

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

I can understand why one wouldn't want to kill. However, if humans being never ate meat, homo sapiens would not be what we see today. our brains developed the way they did because we ate meat.

k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

ya but why does no one think that eating plants is killing as well. Just because plants are not in the same kingdom of life as humans, doesnt mean they arent living and that you dont kill them to eat them. Even apples and oranges that fall from trees are living

JustSomeChick said:

I can understand why one wouldn't want to kill. However, if humans being never ate meat, homo sapiens would not be what we see today. our brains developed the way they did because we ate meat.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I truly believe nature would find a balance, not over night, but it would happen. If only we, could actually stop all of the destructive activities. When we think of all the destructive activities that we are doing at this time, the killing of hundreds of thousands of animals every year (I dont have the figures, but that is a conservative number) is only a small part of the bigger issue. What chance does nature have at the moment. I understand that it is hard to believe that nature could rule this planet again, but nature will rule again. It is only a matter of time anyway. Eating vegetable and grains and fruit is a small contribution to a devastating time on this planet.

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

yes, nature would find a balance. i totally agree. but if we stopped making franken food and pharmaceuticals and all of the other things we do to keep people that would normally never have even been born, much less alive, living... nature would find its balance. through death. people would starve to death, bodies would pile in the streets polluting the water and spreading disease and killing more. animals would form packs, killing each other and humans alike. nature is not a kind place. while beautiful, nature kills. it is not rainbows and unicorns. and yes, I agree that nature will take over again.. but in nature, humans usually eat meat. and we didn't eat grains up until recently. that's the truth. humans eating meat is not destructive. it is how we evolved. you would not exist if humans had not consumed meat.

while i would like to see far more nature than we have today, i'd like to see it through voluntary human actions such as green energy and a movement toward organic eating and natural healing... meditation, etc. not through nature finally retaliating in order to create balance again.

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form