Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

veggie vegan omni ital? whats your diet and hows it relate to your dreadiness (if at all)

Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts

Everyone's body reacts that way to not eating meat for some time, there is a reason for it, why are we arguing this?

If you don't like seeing SE's POV why don't you start your own site and go there?! There are just some people that I truly believe enjoy arguing rather than opinion sharing ugh....

updated by @crystal-o: 07/22/15 11:32:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

exxxactly

thank u crystal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude you realize all those studies are flawed most are commissio9ned by pr companies hired by..;u guessed it the meat industry

but just think about it and it is totaly odvios that we are indeed natural vegsatarians and i gave yiyu plenty of proof you are incorect and the proof you offeer is biassed and..wrong..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
because some ppl do argue for the sake of arguing and do it to cause trouble ..wiw that was hard to figure out wasnt it?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

whicxh you proved when u jumped into this which you do alll the tuime you have always been a prime examole of that personality trait that likes to argue for the sake of arguing

by the way i watched a anthro docukmentary the other day that showed conclusivekly that nearnrarthol and omosapiens were both vegatarians initialy , then interbread creatting a new sub species that was neither neanrathal, nor homo saoien..and these sub species aparently was concidered unclean and hunted and was most likely the first meat eatten by either species..the children of the uniun between neandrathal and homo sapiens they believed it was some sort of early superstitios belief that these sub species was evil that drove them to hunt them and eat them

so that is believed to be where we stopped being natural vegatarians

--
Aspen
@aspen
13 years ago
6 posts

I'm a vegan, which was the case for a year before I started my dreads (and I was vegetarian a year before that).

A big part of it is that I'm an environmentalist. I have a huge problem with the agricultural industry (and how much of it is devoted to the feeding of meat), and also because I think that anyone who can't deal with the killing or dressing of an animal shouldn't eat meat. Also because the meat industry is screwed up ethically. I actually don't have a problem at all with eating meat if done so without endorsing the industry. I have friends who hunt responsibly, one of my best friends eats road kill, and also I know a bunch of freegans.

I strive to be less distant from the earth and live my life harmoniously, and I guess my decision to start my dreads did have a bit to do with that. So it's all related vaguely. I do think it's sort of a natural progession given my views.

Aspen
@aspen
13 years ago
6 posts

Ok. I just read through this and it's silly.

Most people don't need meat. Most people in north american society are also pretty clueless as to how to get protein from other sources because the north american diet is ridiculously simplistic and very limited. A huge portion of meat is coupled with some veggies on the side, and that's about it. The rest is usually made up of bread, rice, pasta, or other grains.

What this means is that it it's pretty much impossible to get a complete protein in the typical north american without eating meat. What comes with this is that meat is eaten at just about every single meal, or at least daily, which is honestly completely ridiculous and unhealthy. It's very, very easy to get your daily protein without meat (all you need is a grain and bean, or just a seed, depending), but most people don't. Most people eat too much meat, and a few don't eat any. I mentioned in my other post that I don't have a problem with people eating meat if they do so responsibly (ie, not going to mcdonald's or buying prepackaged garbage loaded with artificial hormones, etc. etc).

Are people naturally meat eaters? Kind of. I mean throughout most of our existence we've lived as hunter gatherers, and because of our physiology (particularly our brain to which we devote a huge amount of energy) it is, in the wild, difficult to sustain ourselves without the consumption of meat. And incidentally people have seemed to have always eaten meat, however in much, much smaller quantities. People might have meat for one meal out of a week, and the rest is usually composed of plant matter. Dental records and the diets of modern food foragers do confirm this.

Do certain people need meat? I have to say that some people probably do, and it tends to correspond to blood types (specifically people who are O tend to need meat), it's for some difficult to get enough iron and vitamin b12 as well some other nutrients without occasionally eating meat. And again, this I don't really object to. If you do it responsibly and don't overload your system with meat, then that's just fine with me.

I will say that dairy is absolutely not natural for us to eat, because we lose our lactase (the enzyme for digesting lactose) after we've been weened off our mother's milk.

Rebekah
@rebekah
13 years ago
10 posts

Kapil, right on...ditto ditto. yes yes.

I love the question of "American" food. We are such a young culture, I think our authentic couisine is very unrefined and therefore undefined. Survival foods: pan breads, dandilion greens and rabbit. Dried fruits, nuts, etc: this is what I would argue are "American" foods...but most folks don't eat like this (we try to but I would be lieing if I didn't say I am very thankful for my tumeric, cardamon, ginger etc....and I am aware that for the most part these come from far far away). We shroud our wildness, newness,and what could be beautiful idealisticyouth, in commercial glamour.Those of us who long for depth often adopt other ways, other traditions andother foods.America (post European invasion)was never isolated long enough to develop her own "food culture" before it was hijacked by fast food....

ah yes...off topic. But it is all wrapped up together.

in the end people are not meant to worry over what they eat...we eat our food and we are thankful for our food. We hopefuy have access to whole foods, natural foods. Thankfulness and gratitude that we have food "choices" should replace our judgement of others.

Rebekah
@rebekah
13 years ago
10 posts
btw,I was vegitarian for 15 years and now eat meat occasionally (earlier post)...not EVERY healthy vegitarian gets food poisoning symptoms from one bite of meat. In fact it tasted so damn good after so long without my brain did a happy dance. And this was a body that was pretty happy being vegitarian. I was healthy and had energy etc....
peacelovebliss714
@peacelovebliss714
13 years ago
24 posts
I became a vegetarian about 6 months ago after I was enlightened from Happy Yogaby Steve Ross (book), Food Inc. (documentary), and Food Matters (documentary) along with several others. I am constantly watching new documentaries and learning new things. My diet then reallyyyyinfluenced my life in the greatest ways. My mental/emotional state was much more stable once I gave meat up and my appetite became much more desirable- I got fuller quicker from healthier things. It improved my body image (complexion and weight) and even helped me sleep better. I feel like becoming a vegetarian made me an even more peaceful being then I was before. I am making the transition to go vegan and eat a mainly raw diet but it's been difficult living in a household that loves cheese and home cooking. I've been staying with family since recently moving out to CO from OH and getting on my feet, but will be back on my own in about 4 weeks so at that point, my transition is really going to happen. :)

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form