Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

veggie vegan omni ital? whats your diet and hows it relate to your dreadiness (if at all)

Hillmom (Wendy)
@hillmom-wendy
11 years ago
12 posts
Our family is a mix of paleo and WAPF.
updated by @hillmom-wendy: 07/23/15 08:14:33AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

baba i strongly disagree theres tioo many deer too mant-=y by what standards? derrs standards? we only kill em so we wont hit em at 90 miles an hour or so they wont trape through our gardens etc but seru=iusly to many? when was the last time u saw a herd of deer over 40? a herd should be like 4000

..at least 400

why should we kill hundreds just to avoid killing a few with our cars wht-y cant weslow the fug down and let them cross the sr0treet?

there arent enough deer..not by a long shot

there should be many more foxes wolves etc in the area but theres hardly none cause the deer pol]pulations so low

even in the national forrests yu hardly see any

we dont need to control populations nature will more deer = more predators = ballance too many predators = not enough deer

not enough predators -= too many deer not enough food

nature will always ballance itseld=f if we leave it alone

we kill the deer that would eat the grass so we mow the grass then dispose of it so we take deer poop and grass clippings out of the system and whered all the topsiol go?

so we chop down trees to muckch them to create topsoil..its crzy how much interfering we do just cause we think we know better

i would love to see 1 thousand times more deer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

I think you are misunderstanding how natural selection works. too many deer does not create more predators. while the number of predators may increase temporarily, due to a higher food supply, eventually you will begin to see animals starving to death and diseases spreading. which is what we are seeing among other things, like overgrazing which harms the land, creating more issues with animal populations and habitats. we could slow down. except that even if we slow down, we're still going to hit them and kill them. deer tend to run into traffic regardless of your speed. i've seen deer just run out of seemingly nowhere when i lived in WV. it's not as simple as slowing down and letting them cross the street. this problem of overpopulation was created by humans by the way. it's not something nature did on its own that we humans are trying to "correct."

in certain areas, there are too many deer, they starve and die and so do their babies. they overgraze. this isn't true for all areas, which is why hunting seasons and limitations on how much you can hunt. The only people i hear of killing a lot of animals while hunting are sport hunters. i totally disagree with sport hunting. it is wrong. If you are hunting solely to feed your family, for most families, a deer or two could last a whole year. and that is exactly what humans in most parts of the world did for a long time.

every in the world going vegetarian isn't the solution to the problem at hand. if you feel healthier eating vegetarian, that is perfectly okay. go ahead and eat that way. but pushing it on everyone else isn't correct and could result in a lot of sick people.

k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

eating less meat= eating more plants; eating more plants= less plants alive in nature; Youre just switching the killing from one life form to another, its still killing. You have to kill to live, unless maybe theres some sort of synthetic food or something made from non living things to eat, which i dont know

soaring eagle said:

baba i strongly disagree theres tioo many deer too mant-=y by what standards? derrs standards? we only kill em so we wont hit em at 90 miles an hour or so they wont trape through our gardens etc but seru=iusly to many? when was the last time u saw a herd of deer over 40? a herd should be like 4000

..at least 400

why should we kill hundreds just to avoid killing a few with our cars wht-y cant weslow the fug down and let them cross the sr0treet?

there arent enough deer..not by a long shot

there should be many more foxes wolves etc in the area but theres hardly none cause the deer pol]pulations so low

even in the national forrests yu hardly see any

we dont need to control populations nature will more deer = more predators = ballance too many predators = not enough deer

not enough predators -= too many deer not enough food

nature will always ballance itseld=f if we leave it alone

we kill the deer that would eat the grass so we mow the grass then dispose of it so we take deer poop and grass clippings out of the system and whered all the topsiol go?

so we chop down trees to muckch them to create topsoil..its crzy how much interfering we do just cause we think we know better

i would love to see 1 thousand times more deer

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

there is no overpopulation of deer theres an overpopulstion opf people

whens people huntin gseason? when do we thin our herd?

we are taking over their teritory so they have nowhere left to live

and yes if the world or even 20% more of the work]=ld went vegie thered be no more hunger..period

and there are plenty of sick people ..from eating meat ever heard of colon cancer?

heart disease?

obesity?

when was the last tine u saw them have to kb=nock down a wall to remove a dead body..of a vegatarian?

its the meat consumption making them sick

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

JustSomeChick is right. More deer won't bring about more predators. There aren't many wolves in the area because we killed them all. There are a few up by the Delaware Water Gap. But not any around the Philadelphia area, where they should be. Same goes for Mountain Lions. Humans used to see big predators as a danger to themselves, so they tried to wipe them out. Because these natural predators don't exist en mass, deer will over populate. Now, there should be more, of course. But with the way that humans have split up forests, they don't have enough land to survive in herds that massive. They over graze on maple sprouts and leave very little food for other deer. When there are too many deer, there is not enough food. They end up starving. That's why some years you see huge healthy deer walking around and other years they look sickly and thin. It's a cycle. Many deer don't make it through the winter because there isn't enough food for them.

If we stopped hunting, they would over reach their carrying capacity and start to die off in huge numbers. Once they start to die off like that, they have a nearly impossible time getting back up to a healthy population size.

It's humane for us to keep their population size relatively constant. We can't let it grow too large, or they will not be able to survive in the wild anymore. And we can't hunt them too low or there won't be enough random genes in their gene pool to keep them healthy.

That's why hunting for sport should be banned, but hunting for food should be allowed. Any hunter who has any sense of self respect knows how many animals they actually need, and follows the rules of hunting.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I agree that there is an over population of people.

But if we face it, the people that are here, are here. There's not much we can do about who's alive now. America is on a declining trend. Where we used to see a population growth of families having 2.5 children per houosehold. We are now dipping below 2. Many western European countries are below 1.8. That means that for ever 2 people dying, only 1.8 are being born. America is on that trend. We aren't replacing our human population as fast as we are dying. Maybe once the baby boomers are gone, we'll see a new increase, but for now, we are seeing less.

I feel like what we really need to do is get away from the idea that we need so much land for our personal property. No one needs 25 acres unless they own a farm. I live in a row home with no real yard. I am happy with it. I don't mind being butt up against my neighbors. If more people accepted that you can live more than comfortably with less, there would be enough wild land for wild animals to survive and thrive again

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

It is very simple. If we as a species can live in harmony with the other species, the world would be a very different place. Like I said before, vegetarian diet is only a small part of a greater issue. Humans can be a predator or we can choose not to be, that is a choice we can make. Other animals do not have a choice. We can make good choices for ourselves or bad choices. Its up to you. Like I also said, it is only a matter of time anyway. When we change the world changes. This mass consumption of meat is not an effective way to feed humans.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ypurf soo far off you realize that most of the food grown..veggies is used to feed animals for years to e=be slaughtered if the food grown for animals was reduced 20% that would increazse the food for humans drasticly also the land used to graise cattle hundred and hundreds of square miles could grow 10 times the food we could ever eat

examole it takes more veggies and garains to rau-ise 1 cattle to slaughter then it does for a family of 5 ti=o live off of for 100 years

feeding animals food that could be used for humans is extremely extremely ineficu=ient

in the midwest they have 5000 acres for every 2-500 coews a hunan needs 1 acre of land to grow all the food tgeny need with new farming (organic) that can be 1/4 acre

so every 200 cows taken out of the food chain means enough land to grow food for .. 5000 to 20,000 people

--
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

If individually we all lived peacefully, wouldn't the world be a different place?

Can one live peacefully and kill defenceless animals?

Living peacefully is a holistic approach to all the ills in the world. It starts with I. The killing of an animal is a violent act.

The growing of dreadlocks is an outward sign of a peaceful being, the peace can start in the heart, the peace can also grow into the heart from the dreadlocks. The world will find peace. Let us the dreadlocked ones shine the light for those in the darkness.

peace and blessings.

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form