Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is your favorite vegetarian meal?

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

a couple more favorites are whole wheat pitas stuffed with hummus and sprouts and my usual breakfast is a green smoothie made with spinach, fruit, water, and a little hemp seed oil. delicious:)

updated by @heather: 07/24/15 12:04:46PM
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts

Wow everyone... what great sounding food!! I have the recipe here for my favorite meal. I'm not sure which cook book I got this out of but it is delicious!!

Have a go at it... I normally put it over rice. Yum

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Sorry, that's what I meant: how long will it stay fresh? Lol Thanks :D

Rugby Girl said:

It depends how often I eat it. Haha. But it will keep for a couple of weeks because the oil preserves it. This is the recipe I use and it's amazing and really easy to make: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/double-tomato-bruschetta/detail.aspx

Whenever I make it as an appetizer for family gatherings I always get rave reviews. :)

Sara M~ )O( said:

How long does one batch last for you? I LOVE tomato bruschetta but I've never made it before. :)

Rugby Girl said:

My favorite vegetarian snack is tomato bruschetta. I just keep some of the topping mix (plum tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar) in the fridge and just top some toast with it when I feel like munching and sprinkle it with cheese. :)

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try it... cilantro [coriander] is one of my favorite herbs!

Mark Fry said:

Wow everyone... what great sounding food!! I have the recipe here for my favorite meal. I'm not sure which cook book I got this out of but it is delicious!!

Have a go at it... I normally put it over rice. Yum

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Granny Smith apples and this peanut butter from Greenwich Village called White Chocolate Wonderful (They sell it at walmart now!) is absolutely divine! Nutella can be substituted as well!

Vaughan Teague
@vaughan-teague
13 years ago
5 posts

Felafel burgers - name says it all.
Ratatouille gratin - just google ratatouille (It's what I do... I don't keep and re-use a set recipe) and top with cheese and bread crumbs, then give it a quick grill in the oven until golden. Easy and delicious!

Vaughan Teague
@vaughan-teague
13 years ago
5 posts

What are now my two favorite meals are also the simplest...

Roast veggies (pretty self explanatory, but may as well go into detail) - I like to cut up big chunks of orange kumara, slightly smaller chunks of green kumara and smaller still of the purple-skinned kind. Relatively small chunks of potato, thinnish slices of carrot... Throw in come broccoli and cauliflower, all in a bowl. Drizzle a bit of oil on top, add a bit of rosemary, salt and pepper and toss it about until it's all coated evenly. Then I slice a couple of tomatoes almost all the way through, into 8 just-joined pieces (easier to eat and cooks faster) and cut the top end off a bulb (correct word?) of garlic, exposing the top part of all the individual cloves. Then I lay it all out on a baking sheet. drizzle a little oil on the tomato and garlic as well and fan bake at 180 Celsius for an hour. Simple as! Mention of size order is because it doesn't take long for orange kumara to turn soft sweet and delish, but it takes longer for potatoes and carrots to cook through if they're the same size.

And an all-fruit smoothie... I use 2 oranges, a double handful of frozen blueberries, a banana and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Use the amount of orange in it to control how runny you want it, banana helps thicken it up a little, and frozen berries make it nice and cold and full of icy berry chunks! You may prefer one orange and 2 bananas if you like it really thick. You could also add some milk or natural yoghurt if you're that way inclined, or substitute the blueberries for a frozen berry mix of one sort or other. Protein powder is obviously not necessary... makes a fantastic breakfast!

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

PIZZA!!!!! Seriously I live in South Jersey and there's this place called Jonni's and they have the BEST white pizza ever! Instead of sauce when you bite into a slice you get a burst of ricotta cheese and garlic and pure yummyness oozing into your mouth...it's amazinnng....Hmmm....suddenly I feel like ordering some...

Green Head
@green-head
11 years ago
31 posts

Vegi/vegan burgers!

vegan mince squashed together with tomato puree, flour, onion powder + other flavoursome shit, fried 'n' whacked on a bap with Tomato sauce... Simple! OOSH

Marissa2
@marissa2
11 years ago
6 posts
Vegetable curry over rice is my all time favourite! But I must say, falafel is very good too. And quinoa and bean sprout wraps are amazing!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form