Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vegetarian, to be or not to be?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
shouldnt we desire a HIGHER purpose then? less cruel less egotisticle less destructive?many humans, or the human race in general have strived for a purpose of destruction..polution chemiacal poisions in everything we eat drink and breathe, the environmenmts becomming toxic.. and our egos say this is our purpose to domminate nature not live naturaly.shouldnt our purpose be kindness to all living creatures? and the earth itself? Daniel Ordonez said:
its not that humans are great, more that cows lives dont matter as much. Hell the only reason human lives do is because we got smart enough to desire a purpose

soaringeagle said:
whats so great about humans? we are probly the 1 species most desserving of slaughter

Daniel Ordonez said:
i eat alot of everything. dont really try at all to eat healthy and have no moral problems with eating meat, genetically modified food, artificial foods or anything that tastes good really.

Im probably going to get crucified for saying that but eh.

I mean i have no problems with vegetarians/vegans i just dont feel that animals lives are equal to humans

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 08:25:20AM
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
amen se, amen
MellotronLock
@mellotronlock
15 years ago
10 posts
Humans and animals are different.The reason is: we have a much better thinking brains than them.The proof is: look around what we have got. we invented a lot of things we take for granted.Just, we are a common beings as living things living together with animals on this earth...but..we who had the desire to think, naturally we lead the world, we think on what we want to do on this earth, how we do on this beautiful earth..great power comes great responsibilites...yes, we're the ones who created pollution/poisons bla2....but to stop those... uve got to live 100% like an animal...stop wearing clothes (almost 100% modern fabric are made in factories that do produce some pollutions)..yeah and stop use this forum and internet... if we use it means wer'e supporting the power plants that might might endanger bits the environment... the computers are made from factories too that use a lot of these power plants...there are price that we need to pay for doing all those...and we as humans would have to think back to manage all what we did to the earth... be as kind to the other living things as possible...naturally, i think humans instinctly eat meats... i never heard of any early civilization who practise purely vegan which shows how since the beginning we could eat meat... the thoughts of going vegan is after we have the brains to think of some reasons: religion,ethics,health,etc.. (see we have brains to make complex choices)there r lot of other stuffs that i wish to point out on this debate... but i dont think its good for the benefit of this forum since majority of the ppl here go vegan...and its original purpose is to be a dreadlock forum.. :)so this is my last post on this thread...but i'd love to hear and learn more on how the vegan lifestyle is going by reading thru this thread..peace! soaringeagle said:
shouldnt we desire a HIGHER purpose then? less cruel less egotisticle less destructive?
many humans, or the human race in general have strived for a purpose of destruction..polution chemiacal poisions in everything we eat drink and breathe, the environmenmts becomming toxic.. and our egos say this is our purpose to domminate nature not live naturaly. shouldnt our purpose be kindness to all living creatures? and the earth itself? Daniel Ordonez said:
its not that humans are great, more that cows lives dont matter as much. Hell the only reason human lives do is because we got smart enough to desire a purpose

soaringeagle said:
whats so great about humans? we are probly the 1 species most desserving of slaughter

Daniel Ordonez said:
i eat alot of everything. dont really try at all to eat healthy and have no moral problems with eating meat, genetically modified food, artificial foods or anything that tastes good really.

I mean i have no problems with vegetarians/vegans i just dont feel that animals lives are equal to humans
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
actuakly we could not eat meat till we discovdered fire and toolsso veggie is indeed our natural diethowever we were able to addapt to an unatural one by cooking and prepariung the meatjust like we were able to addapt to a diet thats more chemicals then nutrients MellotronLock said:
Humans and animals are different.
The reason is: we have a much better thinking brains than them.
The proof is: look around what we have got. we invented a lot of things we take for granted.
Just, we are a common beings as living things living together with animals on this earth...
but..
we who had the desire to think, naturally we lead the world, we think on what we want to do on this earth, how we do on this beautiful earth..
great power comes great responsibilites...
yes, we're the ones who created pollution/poisons bla2....
but to stop those... uve got to live 100% like an animal...
stop wearing clothes (almost 100% modern fabric are made in factories that do produce some pollutions)..
yeah and stop use this forum and internet... if we use it means wer'e supporting the power plants that might might endanger bits the environment... the computers are made from factories too that use a lot of these power plants...
there are price that we need to pay for doing all those...
and we as humans would have to think back to manage all what we did to the earth... be as kind to the other living things as possible...

naturally, i think humans instinctly eat meats... i never heard of any early civilization who practise purely vegan which shows how since the beginning we could eat meat... the thoughts of going vegan is after we have the brains to think of some reasons: religion,ethics,health,etc.. (see we have brains to make complex choices)

there r lot of other stuffs that i wish to point out on this debate... but i dont think its good for the benefit of this forum since majority of the ppl here go vegan...and its original purpose is to be a dreadlock forum.. :)

so this is my last post on this thread...

peace!

soaringeagle said:
shouldnt we desire a HIGHER purpose then? less cruel less egotisticle less destructive?
many humans, or the human race in general have strived for a purpose of destruction..polution chemiacal poisions in everything we eat drink and breathe, the environmenmts becomming toxic.. and our egos say this is our purpose to domminate nature not live naturaly. shouldnt our purpose be kindness to all living creatures? and the earth itself? Daniel Ordonez said:

soaringeagle said:

Daniel Ordonez said:

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Morning Star processed foods create the same health and environmental issues as meat to some degree.We need to educate ourselves past the commercial garbage. Vegan and veg industry is still just as profut driven as any other industry. They are only exploiting your beliefs and your lack of understaning of helath.Free mind=free body=free mind... Crazy Amanda said:
im a pescetarian (only meat i eat is fish one day i plan on not eating them either lol) but yea my fiance is a huge meat eater its not hard cookin for us at all.. there r DELICIOUS meat alternatives "Morning Star" brand. ..as for ppl mocking people who dont eat corpses let them say what they want its your decision and what you decide to put in your body is your own bussiness
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
desire a purpose? I'm not sure what you mean by that.Our purpose is to experience joy. Animals know that and that is what they do. They eat, sleep, play, love, what else could you want to do?Our "purpose seeking" comes from a lack of understanding of nature. We try to userp power that is not ours and claim dominion over what is way out of our control. Our purpose is to live peacfully and create joy for ourselves. Animals already do that.And do not mistake joy for gratification. Sure we may think we are joyfully overeating on chemical rich garbage and wasting away our brains on tv and video games, but that is not joy that is self medication. That is just avoiding pain.When you become truly healthy and aware, the numbness wears off. You see all of the simple joys of nature but you also become quite aware of the utter bitterness we have created in our quest to "conquer" nature. Your eyes are opened wider and you see everything verly clearly, the good and the bad.If you know you dont care about yourself that how can you defend your actions? (this is a general question not directed at anyone in particular) Daniel Ordonez said:

soaringeagle said:

Daniel Ordonez said:

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
the desire to experience joy isnt a universal purpose. realistically, the only purpose of life is to live long enough to reproduce. anything else that comes with that is extra. you cant seriously tell me that starfish or snails or rats all have the common goal of love and peace. Seeing how happiness is just a state created by chemical reactions in the brain, there is really no such thing as artificial happiness. its all artificial Didjeridurian said:
desire a purpose? I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Our purpose is to experience joy. Animals know that and that is what they do. They eat, sleep, play, love, what else could you want to do?
Our "purpose seeking" comes from a lack of understanding of nature. We try to userp power that is not ours and claim dominion over what is way out of our control. Our purpose is to live peacfully and create joy for ourselves. Animals already do that.
And do not mistake joy for gratification. Sure we may think we are joyfully overeating on chemical rich garbage and wasting away our brains on tv and video games, but that is not joy that is self medication. That is just avoiding pain.
When you become truly healthy and aware, the numbness wears off. You see all of the simple joys of nature but you also become quite aware of the utter bitterness we have created in our quest to "conquer" nature. Your eyes are opened wider and you see everything verly clearly, the good and the bad.
If you know you dont care about yourself that how can you defend your actions? (this is a general question not directed at anyone in particular)

Daniel Ordonez said:

soaringeagle said:

Daniel Ordonez said:

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I have said what I need to say. I won't hear anymore rationalization of rape (dairy) murder(meat), and torture to living beings. Its all specieism and its all appauling. Natural selection is one thing, but what we do is genocide. We rationalize it by saying we are superior beings because we are "able" to build a fancy prison for ourselves and spend our lives trying to maintain it.Turns out I had a little more I needed to say.
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
Fair enough, agree to disagree.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
technicaly not entirely correctthe feeling known as love does come with a chemical reaction in the brain, however more recent studies have shown that the electrical field activity of both heart and brain increase when love is felt, the heart more then the brain. so the ancient idea that love comes from the heart most likely is entirely true. these fields are not self contained either, but measurable outside the body. animals also are thought to experience the same.and animals certainly do seek joy, for instance the eagle, eagles will soar to incredible hights on a good day for soaring, 30-60,000 feet any higher they would explode from lack of air pressure (blood would boil)thats 6 to 12 miles up. now they do have great eyesight and can spot a mouse at several thousand feet but not 10 miles up, they are there for 1 thing only, the pure joy of it. Daniel Ordonez said:
the desire to experience joy isnt a universal purpose. realistically, the only purpose of life is to live long enough to reproduce. anything else that comes with that is extra. you cant seriously tell me that starfish or snails or rats all have the common goal of love and peace. Seeing how happiness is just a state created by chemical reactions in the brain, there is really no such thing as artificial happiness. its all artificial

Didjeridurian said:
desire a purpose? I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Our purpose is to experience joy. Animals know that and that is what they do. They eat, sleep, play, love, what else could you want to do?
Our "purpose seeking" comes from a lack of understanding of nature. We try to userp power that is not ours and claim dominion over what is way out of our control. Our purpose is to live peacfully and create joy for ourselves. Animals already do that.
And do not mistake joy for gratification. Sure we may think we are joyfully overeating on chemical rich garbage and wasting away our brains on tv and video games, but that is not joy that is self medication. That is just avoiding pain.
When you become truly healthy and aware, the numbness wears off. You see all of the simple joys of nature but you also become quite aware of the utter bitterness we have created in our quest to "conquer" nature. Your eyes are opened wider and you see everything verly clearly, the good and the bad.
If you know you dont care about yourself that how can you defend your actions? (this is a general question not directed at anyone in particular)

Daniel Ordonez said:

soaringeagle said:

Daniel Ordonez said:

--

/ 14

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form