Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vegetarian, to be or not to be?

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Grapes and watermelon are the best source of iron by the way. Bear in mind I said BEST not highest. Huge difference. Rule #1 of nutrition: more is not always better and in fact its rarely ideal
updated by @didjeridurian: 07/22/15 12:23:45PM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I like you theories however there are some holes in your logic that you shoudl consider because others will find them and exploit them ravenously.Your rationale of eating a distant relative does not explain natural carnivores.I can offer you these thoughts for consideration in your theory.You seem to believe in the structure of nature. Do you understand the concept of natural law?Natural law is beautiful becasue unlike arbitrary manmade laws, they are SELF EVIDENT and SELF ENFORCING. In this case natural law would dictate what we eat what is natural for us to eat. We do not have the same physiological makeup of carnivorous or omnivorous animals. We do not have the instinct to rip into a bloody belly. We do not have slashing claws or serrated teeth.We DO have a natural love for bright colors and sweet flavors and aromas. We have digits ideal for grasping and peeling. We have mostly blunt teeth for chewing not tearing. We have a natural instinct to pet and cuddle "prey" animals.We even have a sensor that recieves sugar directly and alerts us when we have eaten enough of it. There is no such sensor for proteins or fats. Omnivours and carnivoures do have these sensor. They also have enzymes in theur saliva to protect them from the common harmful bacteria in spoiled meat.A kitten or a puppy will instinctively kill a prey animal. A human baby will instinctively take things off the ground and put them in their mouth. That baby wil want to hug and cuddle the animal.Nature tells us what to do. Nature tells the predators what to do. All we have to do is pay attention.Natural law is self enforcing.If you eat unnaturaly you will not be allowed to live healthfully. Animal products are hazardous to our health. We should not have the cholestorol of another animal in our bodies. We have our own as we are animals. Predators have mechanisms for dealing with it. Animals also use glycogen(animal starch) for fuel where as we use plant starch (sugar) to get our fuel.If we listen to nature and be as one with it we will be rewarded with peace joy and health.I am a naturalist. That is my belief system. God is everything and nature is everything. We are nature and we are god. We are the creators and the observers. Our physical bodies are our gifts to ourselves and we use the as perspectives to indulge in the beauty that nature has provided and that we have created. Just realize your own divinity and you will realize the divinity in everything, and in nature. Matthew said:
I say go Vegetarian, at the least.
Eating meat in my opinion, is just bad. The reason I've stopped eating meat is:
1.) Against my beliefs.
2.) Bad for the environment.
3.) Animals are friends, not food.

What I believe in, is Creatiolutionism. I'm unaware if I'm the only one who believes in this, but these are MY beliefs, and I'm sticking to them. Basically, the Creator, (God) created everything, and anything that is in existence, including life. The Creator gave life to planets, not immediate human life, but life, none the less. The creator gave all life the ability to adapt, and evolve, and better themselves. We evolved from the tide pool, where most life originated. We became tiny organisms, then evolved into fish, then to amphibians, then to birds, mammals, insects, ect, ect. Therefore, we are all connected in one way or another. We all came from each other, if that makes sense. So if I were to eat a cow, or chicken, or fish, it's like eating a distant relative. And why would I want something to die, just for me to live another day? No life is more, or less important than another. All living creatures are equal. That's pretty much why I became vegetarian. I'm pretty much vegan, but I rarely eat cheese. -_-

In my way of thinking, I do not worship a supreme deity, but only give thanks for what the Creator has provided. Thinking such as I, would absolutely resolve the need for "Holy Wars", which are ignorant to the extreme. Religion only divides, and seldomly brings together.

The transition wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I find even the smell of meat repulsive.

Eat spinach, it's packed with loads of iron! :D

I don't listen to people who bitch about my eating style, and diet.
I know that I'm physically, mentally, and spiritually, healthier than they.
No need to fight them over it.
(:

Hope that helped!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
i watched that vid and it was all rationalizingcutting a throught ear to ear is painful and traumatic and the animal dies choking on its own blood..not a fun experiencethere is no humane way to kill (with the exception perhaps of euthinasia of an animal thats already in severe pain and about to die, but thats debatable as well)every meat eatter rationalizes to defend theyre meat eatting habbits.wether they rationalize the deer population would be too much if we didnt eat a few or about fake protein needs or humane slaughter (even if humane slaughter wasnt an oxymoron (since your english isnt good that means 2 impossible oposite concepts used togetherr as a phrase) humane slaughter is still ending an innocent life that never needed to be endeed just for food)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
Thats awesome news! I love both of those things. the more I read this, the more I wanna make the jump to vegan. But I think I will try vegetarian, scratch that, I will do, not try. So this may sound funny, but can you guys give me an example of your meals for the day? Like how do I balance everything and make sure I am getting all the vitamins and such that I need? Didjeridurian said:
Grapes and watermelon are the best source of iron by the way. Bear in mind I said BEST not highest. Huge difference. Rule #1 of nutrition: more is not always better and in fact its rarely ideal
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
i just eat what i like and what seems right didje is more the 1 who approaches every meal scientificaly..im too lazy for thatbut as long as u eat sa variety you should be fine Jo McClelland said:
Thats awesome news! I love both of those things. the more I read this, the more I wanna make the jump to vegan. But I think I will try vegetarian, scratch that, I will do, not try. So this may sound funny, but can you guys give me an example of your meals for the day? Like how do I balance everything and make sure I am getting all the vitamins and such that I need?

Didjeridurian said:

--
Crazy Amanda
@crazy-amanda
15 years ago
26 posts
im a pescetarian (only meat i eat is fish one day i plan on not eating them either lol) but yea my fiance is a huge meat eater its not hard cookin for us at all.. there r DELICIOUS meat alternatives "Morning Star" brand. ..as for ppl mocking people who dont eat corpses let them say what they want its your decision and what you decide to put in your body is your own bussiness
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
i eat alotta morning stars foodslil too much Crazy Amanda said:
im a pescetarian (only meat i eat is fish one day i plan on not eating them either lol) but yea my fiance is a huge meat eater its not hard cookin for us at all.. there r DELICIOUS meat alternatives "Morning Star" brand. ..as for ppl mocking people who dont eat corpses let them say what they want its your decision and what you decide to put in your body is your own bussiness

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
i eat alot of everything. dont really try at all to eat healthy and have no moral problems with eating meat, genetically modified food, artificial foods or anything that tastes good really.Im probably going to get crucified for saying that but eh.I mean i have no problems with vegetarians/vegans i just dont feel that animals lives are equal to humans
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
whats so great about humans? we are probly the 1 species most desserving of slaughter Daniel Ordonez said:
i eat alot of everything. dont really try at all to eat healthy and have no moral problems with eating meat, genetically modified food, artificial foods or anything that tastes good really.

Im probably going to get crucified for saying that but eh.

I mean i have no problems with vegetarians/vegans i just dont feel that animals lives are equal to humans

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
its not that humans are great, more that cows lives dont matter as much. Hell the only reason human lives do is because we got smart enough to desire a purpose soaringeagle said:
whats so great about humans? we are probly the 1 species most desserving of slaughter

Daniel Ordonez said:
i eat alot of everything. dont really try at all to eat healthy and have no moral problems with eating meat, genetically modified food, artificial foods or anything that tastes good really.

Im probably going to get crucified for saying that but eh.

I mean i have no problems with vegetarians/vegans i just dont feel that animals lives are equal to humans

/ 14

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form