Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vegetarian, to be or not to be?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

u gotta be insane to think meats better do u realize whats in the meat you eat?

not to mention the fact that humans are not meant to eat meat at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 06:29:38PM
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts

bang on Natasha

Natasha Boss said:

Any processed food really isn't good for you. Wholesome traditional foods are the way to go. Meat or no meat. I could go on for days about what's wrong with the ingredients in those processed foods, but I won't.

soaringeagle said:

whats wrong with morningstar

TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED TAPIOCA STARCH, ONION POWDER, CANOLA OIL, TRIGLYCERIDES FROM COCONUT OIL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), DEXTROSE, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, CARAMEL COLOR, CULTURED WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, GARLIC POWDER, SPICE, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), VITAMINS AND MINERALS (NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], VITAMIN B12), SESAME SEED OIL, CELERY EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN.

compare that to most stuff they call food

and compare the nutition info

Rachel Z said:

oh man, read the ingredient list for morning star's crap! eat whatever you want, just stay away from big companies' junk. i saw some crazy idaho family on wife swap (yeah, i know...) that lived on a self-sustained farm and were on a raw diet. and they ate meat :) yep. raw chicken. raw eggs. "aged" raw beef. it was cool as hell though...

soaringeagle said:

i eat alotta morning stars foods
lil too much

Crazy Amanda said:
im a pescetarian (only meat i eat is fish one day i plan on not eating them either lol) but yea my fiance is a huge meat eater its not hard cookin for us at all.. there r DELICIOUS meat alternatives "Morning Star" brand. ..as for ppl mocking people who dont eat corpses let them say what they want its your decision and what you decide to put in your body is your own bussiness
Natasha Boss
@natasha-boss
14 years ago
14 posts

There are cultures around the world who live on nothing but meat, starches, and root vegetables. These people have never had heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc. I think you can get everything you're body needs whether you eat meat, are vegetarian, or vegan. All I'm saying is that processed foods and sugar are the problem. They are full of preservatives, genetically modified ingredients, toxins, and all sorts of things that your body can't break down.

soaringeagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

think about where nutriennts come from all nutrients come from sun and soil plants turn these into nutrients we can use and easily digerst

now meat has to eat those plantsd and turn those nutrients into muscle and fat

then thats what you eat your getting the nutrients second hand in a far less easily digested state

and what u eat these days is all pumped fuull of hormones, antibiotics and toxins galoere

what are u calling "processed" the processing in the morningstar stuff is like grinding up beans

try this ..stop eatting m,eat for a year..then eat 1 bite and tell me if you dont have a toxic reation..your body rejects it it knows you should never eat it

when your totaly miserable hoping you can just puke youir guts up to get the toxic crap out then u can tell me how great meat is..

your body has an easier time accepting a pig heart as a transplant then it can with eatting meat when you clean it out of your system..it causes a toxic reaction that causes a fever puking shaking chills and makes your whole bodt feel toxic

just try it and see for yourself (sometimes takes 2 years not 1)

Natasha Boss said:

There are cultures around the world who live on nothing but meat, starches, and root vegetables. These people have never had heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc. I think you can get everything you're body needs whether you eat meat, are vegetarian, or vegan. All I'm saying is that processed foods and sugar are the problem. They are full of preservatives, genetically modified ingredients, toxins, and all sorts of things that your body can't break down.

soaringeagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natasha Boss
@natasha-boss
14 years ago
14 posts

Not entirely true, soy is the number one genetically modified plant sold in the U.S., not to mention the fact that soy also acts like estrogen in the system and can cause serious problems. Corn is also genetically modified. Raw milk is high in all of your amino fatty acids and digestive enzymes. Lard is full of vitamin D3 which is much needed in the winter months when you don't get as much sunlight. It is almost impossible to get enough vitamin D from produce alone. Red meat is full of iron, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids. Liver is full of vitamin B12, vitamin A, folate, selenium, and many others. Fish is high in omega 3 fatty acids. And the list goes on. I do choose to eat meat, however, only organic grass fed meat. I do not eat meat that is given antibiotics or hormones, nor do I consume milk products with those ingredients. I also try to buy only local. I am all for people who choose to be vegetarian or vegan. That is their choice, and I believe they can be healthy doing so. If you choose whole, organic foods, full of nutrients, your body will get what it needs.

soaringeagle said:

think about where nutriennts come from all nutrients come from sun and soil plants turn these into nutrients we can use and easily digerst

now meat has to eat those plantsd and turn those nutrients into muscle and fat

then thats what you eat your getting the nutrients second hand in a far less easily digested state

and what u eat these days is all pumped fuull of hormones, antibiotics and toxins galoere

what are u calling "processed" the processing in the morningstar stuff is like grinding up beans

try this ..stop eatting m,eat for a year..then eat 1 bite and tell me if you dont have a toxic reation..your body rejects it it knows you should never eat it

when your totaly miserable hoping you can just puke youir guts up to get the toxic crap out then u can tell me how great meat is..

your body has an easier time accepting a pig heart as a transplant then it can with eatting meat when you clean it out of your system..it causes a toxic reaction that causes a fever puking shaking chills and makes your whole bodt feel toxic

just try it and see for yourself (sometimes takes 2 years not 1)

Natasha Boss said:

soaringeagle said:

Cage Free
@cage-free
14 years ago
41 posts

I always recommend researching all sides of a thing being considered. There are many reasons why people choose to be vegetarian and vegan and I respect them all. There is more than one way of dealing with those issues though. For instance, pasteurized, homogenized milk is disgusting. It is putrified, sick, and ultimately dead of all benefits and a great host to disease. Raw milk from hand milked, organic pastured raised cows is a truly healing food. Hard to get, sure, but the sickness is in the processing, the agricultural system, not the milk. With a little research, it can be found across every state.

We eat meat, but we eat limited quantities because we prefer to have a spiritual connection to anything we put in our bodies. Though I believe in the health benefits of eating organically pasture raised animal products these, for us, are missing a key factor... respect and liberty... for the animal. We had to learn to bow hunt, on foot, no technology, no tricks. The fair game of life as it was meant to be... this is a spiritual practice for us.

I have many years of research, vegetarianism and veganism in my history. These were decisions that I made when my information about how to deal with my values and beliefs was limited to a pro-veg knowledge. Though I devoured many, many books all of them were written by vegetarians and vegans. I did not read anything of credibility which questioned the long-term health of eating an all veg diet.

Ultimately, I am an omnivore. I am working to create the healthiest body and spirit I can and I take what I eat very, very seriously. I had to learn to ferment foods, learn about beneficial bacterias, the way the human digestive system works down to the very chemistry of food items, how they combine, what it means soak something, lacto-ferment, etc. In effect I have had to relearn the merits of how our most ancient ancestors ate, how their choices were guided by necessity and natural order and why the worked... how our industrial agricultural system has removed and destroyed most of these practices... etc.

Anyhow, with the utmost respect for each person to make the choices that they feel best suit them, I'd like to recommend three books:

The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice & Sustainability

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

Namaste

Chels ;)
@chels
14 years ago
37 posts

my husband is a veggetarian and i am not. however i refuse to eat aqny red meat or pork. so i eat chicken, turk, and other lean meats. its not as difficult for meals as you would think. he actually does the cooking, and the only thing he does different is bake me apeice of chicken or make thinghs separate so the meat dosent touch his food. also people always look at you weird if you mention the fact that you dont eat meat. i just look at them weird because of the other bad things they put in their bodies lol. if you want anymore meals advise ill get my hubby on here so he can give you some more pointers

Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts

Cool thanks for the info I am going to look into the books you listed.

Cage Free said:

I always recommend researching all sides of a thing being considered. There are many reasons why people choose to be vegetarian and vegan and I respect them all. There is more than one way of dealing with those issues though. For instance, pasteurized, homogenized milk is disgusting. It is putrified, sick, and ultimately dead of all benefits and a great host to disease. Raw milk from hand milked, organic pastured raised cows is a truly healing food. Hard to get, sure, but the sickness is in the processing, the agricultural system, not the milk. With a little research, it can be found across every state.

We eat meat, but we eat limited quantities because we prefer to have a spiritual connection to anything we put in our bodies. Though I believe in the health benefits of eating organically pasture raised animal products these, for us, are missing a key factor... respect and liberty... for the animal. We had to learn to bow hunt, on foot, no technology, no tricks. The fair game of life as it was meant to be... this is a spiritual practice for us.

I have many years of research, vegetarianism and veganism in my history. These were decisions that I made when my information about how to deal with my values and beliefs was limited to a pro-veg knowledge. Though I devoured many, many books all of them were written by vegetarians and vegans. I did not read anything of credibility which questioned the long-term health of eating an all veg diet.

Ultimately, I am an omnivore. I am working to create the healthiest body and spirit I can and I take what I eat very, very seriously. I had to learn to ferment foods, learn about beneficial bacterias, the way the human digestive system works down to the very chemistry of food items, how they combine, what it means soak something, lacto-ferment, etc. In effect I have had to relearn the merits of how our most ancient ancestors ate, how their choices were guided by necessity and natural order and why the worked... how our industrial agricultural system has removed and destroyed most of these practices... etc.

Anyhow, with the utmost respect for each person to make the choices that they feel best suit them, I'd like to recommend three books:

The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice & Sustainability

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Cor...

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

Namaste

Zach2
@zach2
14 years ago
20 posts
I just started thinking the same thing and over the past few months I went through a little bit of a progress....at the end of august i gave up all pork and pig products. At first this was difficult and bacon just looked soo enticing but since I really got completely over. Then about 3 weeks ago i finally had that aha moment where I gave up all red meat... So as of now I am still eating white meat like chicken or turkey and fish but i am eating vegetarian as often as possible...ultimately by gradually giving things up i have been able to get over the idea of pig say altogether, i dont feel any desire for it at all. Also i don't feel as if I'm forcing anything, when it became natural that i stop eating red meat i did. I plan on doing the same for chicken and turkey when the time is right i will know and stop and act accordingly. As much as I am an animal lover and all that the benefits spiritually of not eating meat have been much greater in the areas of discipline and getting away from indulgent desires. While the animal arguments are all very important, you will find yourself growing spiritually in the process in a fashion that may be different than you expected.Anyway my advice is not to force full vegetarianism all at once IF you arent ready. Because ultimately you'll end up not liking it and giving up. Embrace change as it takes you, if you feel wrong about something don't do it and eventually it will follow that your desire for that thing wanes as well.Hope this was helpful
Chels ;)
@chels
14 years ago
37 posts

my husband is a veggetarian and i am not. however i refuse to eat aqny red meat or pork. so i eat chicken, turk, and other lean meats. its not as difficult for meals as you would think. he actually does the cooking, and the only thing he does different is bake me apeice of chicken or make thinghs separate so the meat dosent touch his food. also people always look at you weird if you mention the fact that you dont eat meat. i just look at them weird because of the other bad things they put in their bodies lol. if you want anymore meals advise ill get my hubby on here so he can give you some more pointers

/ 14

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form