Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vegetarian, to be or not to be?

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
Theres already a vegan group maybe you just want to consolidate. unless your doing a lacto ovo thing but from your stance for animal right I would assume you are vegan. matt waatti said:
I have made a group on groups, called "vegetarians"

i am a vegetarian because i simply can not stand the thought of animals being killed.

when i was a little kid my parents were vegetarians. (not because the killing of animals)
they bought meat for me and my sister to eat.
but i went to a farm.
and this big redneck grabed some tools and killed an animal right in front of me.
people call me dumb because i don't eat meat.
but what i saw was horrifing.
i would like it if you checked out my group "vegetarians"

don't kill animals, i mean you would'nt kill one

updated by @didjeridurian: 07/13/15 09:33:37PM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Great post! Didjeridurian said:
I like you theories however there are some holes in your logic that you shoudl consider because others will find them and exploit them ravenously.
Your rationale of eating a distant relative does not explain natural carnivores.
I can offer you these thoughts for consideration in your theory.
You seem to believe in the structure of nature. Do you understand the concept of natural law?
Natural law is beautiful becasue unlike arbitrary manmade laws, they are SELF EVIDENT and SELF ENFORCING. In this case natural law would dictate what we eat what is natural for us to eat. We do not have the same physiological makeup of carnivorous or omnivorous animals. We do not have the instinct to rip into a bloody belly. We do not have slashing claws or serrated teeth.
We DO have a natural love for bright colors and sweet flavors and aromas. We have digits ideal for grasping and peeling. We have mostly blunt teeth for chewing not tearing. We have a natural instinct to pet and cuddle "prey" animals.
We even have a sensor that recieves sugar directly and alerts us when we have eaten enough of it. There is no such sensor for proteins or fats. Omnivours and carnivoures do have these sensor. They also have enzymes in theur saliva to protect them from the common harmful bacteria in spoiled meat.
A kitten or a puppy will instinctively kill a prey animal. A human baby will instinctively take things off the ground and put them in their mouth. That baby wil want to hug and cuddle the animal.
Nature tells us what to do. Nature tells the predators what to do. All we have to do is pay attention.
Natural law is self enforcing.
If you eat unnaturaly you will not be allowed to live healthfully. Animal products are hazardous to our health. We should not have the cholestorol of another animal in our bodies. We have our own as we are animals. Predators have mechanisms for dealing with it. Animals also use glycogen(animal starch) for fuel where as we use plant starch (sugar) to get our fuel.
If we listen to nature and be as one with it we will be rewarded with peace joy and health.
I am a naturalist. That is my belief system. God is everything and nature is everything. We are nature and we are god. We are the creators and the observers. Our physical bodies are our gifts to ourselves and we use the as perspectives to indulge in the beauty that nature has provided and that we have created. Just realize your own divinity and you will realize the divinity in everything, and in nature.

Matthew said:
I say go Vegetarian, at the least.
Eating meat in my opinion, is just bad. The reason I've stopped eating meat is:
1.) Against my beliefs.
2.) Bad for the environment.
3.) Animals are friends, not food.

What I believe in, is Creatiolutionism. I'm unaware if I'm the only one who believes in this, but these are MY beliefs, and I'm sticking to them. Basically, the Creator, (God) created everything, and anything that is in existence, including life. The Creator gave life to planets, not immediate human life, but life, none the less. The creator gave all life the ability to adapt, and evolve, and better themselves. We evolved from the tide pool, where most life originated. We became tiny organisms, then evolved into fish, then to amphibians, then to birds, mammals, insects, ect, ect. Therefore, we are all connected in one way or another. We all came from each other, if that makes sense. So if I were to eat a cow, or chicken, or fish, it's like eating a distant relative. And why would I want something to die, just for me to live another day? No life is more, or less important than another. All living creatures are equal. That's pretty much why I became vegetarian. I'm pretty much vegan, but I rarely eat cheese. -_-

In my way of thinking, I do not worship a supreme deity, but only give thanks for what the Creator has provided. Thinking such as I, would absolutely resolve the need for "Holy Wars", which are ignorant to the extreme. Religion only divides, and seldomly brings together.

The transition wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I find even the smell of meat repulsive.

Eat spinach, it's packed with loads of iron! :D

I don't listen to people who bitch about my eating style, and diet.
I know that I'm physically, mentally, and spiritually, healthier than they.
No need to fight them over it.
(:

Hope that helped!
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Wow what a compelling thread.I love the posts from both sides.I just wanted to ad a few things to the conversation.To start I want to point out that natives which live very closely in communion with natural law also eat meat.There are also some regions of the world where there is little to no vegetation that humans inhabit and they of course eat meat as well.I also wanted to ad to the cancer aspect that was brought up about eating meat and say that it is the chemicals and biological fuckering of meat processing that causes the cancer not the meat itself.Pesticides used on fruits and vegetables are just as or if not more cancer causing than meat.Just look into cancer rates from countries that grow our fruits, skin cancer and lung cancer are on the rise dramatically since the use of these "pesticides" and chemicals used to keep fruit "fresh".Banana packers have skin cancer to the max from packing bananas into boxes for shipping. They walk around with rashes all up and down their arms. People in communities surrounding, rice, pineapple, strawberry etc etc fields are greatly affected by these sick chemical rituals.We are held hostage by the corporate greed that rules this world right now.Thank goodness there is some semblance of choice left and we can choose to spend more on organics (which is being infiltrated by these greedy sick twisted corporate fucks too btw)Meat is so fake its gross, the texture has changed, the flavour has changed.The animals are treated very poorly, fed chemical diets, the workers are treated poorly too, the processing is a mess and Its dipped into flippin' amonia.Vegetables and fruits have so many chemicals and are altered so much that they don't even taste like fruit anymore.Real food does not taste the way the grocers produce and meats taste, period.Those points aside I am omnivore and have been leaning toward a vegetarian/vegan life choice.I am not liking the way the corporations have dominated the food industry and am working toward self sustainability. I pick wild fruits more and more often every year and eat them fresh as well as freeze them. I buy eggs from local ethical farmers, I buy local organic or non chemical meat whenever possible. Eat from the local oceans etc.I am collecting heritage seeds because even seeds we buy are chemically laced and GMO'd. My first real veggie patch is going in, in a few weeks time.I am far from where I want to be but not where I was.I have a strong desire for raw organic foods lately and have been following that lead.I haven't jumped in full force yet and who knows maybe I never will but I really hate the food industry and whether we are vegetarian or not things HAVE to change.
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
14 years ago
81 posts
soaringeagle said:
the simplest reason to not eat it is

if u stiop eatting meat fir a year 1 biye will give u a fever and make u puke

u stop eatting potatoes for a year and starting to eat em again wont harm u at all

the fact that your body rejects it as a toxic substance is all the proof you need that its not right to eat it

after s few years veg if u accidently eat it its so disgusting u feel it rotting inside u yopur whole body feels rtoxic you get desperate to get it out of u u will even take large doses of laxatives or try to puke days later just to flush iy out
and u will feel gross untill u do

ive accidently eatten it twice in last 25 years and i thought i was gonna die
it was horrible
I have to disagree with this. I've gone over a year with no meat more than once, and have never puked when eating it again. Once moving out of my parents house(many moons ago), meat eating has never been a daily thing for me, and I've never had anything close to an adverse reaction. When I eat Asparagus(even just one spear), I get the most horrible gas I've ever smelled. Too bad cause I love asparagus.I thought humans required a certain amount of Taurine. The only natural source is from meat eggs & dairy(breast milk included!!) isn't it? soaringeagle said:
the simplest reason to not eat it is

if u stiop eatting meat fir a year 1 biye will give u a fever and make u puke

u stop eatting potatoes for a year and starting to eat em again wont harm u at all

the fact that your body rejects it as a toxic substance is all the proof you need that its not right to eat it

after s few years veg if u accidently eat it its so disgusting u feel it rotting inside u yopur whole body feels rtoxic you get desperate to get it out of u u will even take large doses of laxatives or try to puke days later just to flush iy out
and u will feel gross untill u do

ive accidently eatten it twice in last 25 years and i thought i was gonna die
it was horrible
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
14 years ago
81 posts
I'm not sure what happened in the last post there but it quoted twice! Sorry about that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine according to this you nered very very little in your dietsits also naturaly produced by your body..basicly stomach cid which i happen to have an over abundance ofalso in this year u say u went without meat how strict were u in being 100% sure there was no meay in youir fo9ods often meats are hidden in many things even snack mixes can have sardine as a flavorinmg and many many thimngs have beef stock or bone mealif your still digesting any meat products even unknowingly then the miscroorganisms that break the meat down for you dont die offbut if your strict and avoiud all contract with meat it will make u very ill (maybe sometimes takes over sayear? maybe 2? most people say in that range_0trust me..it does happen and it os horrible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rachel Z
@rachel-z
14 years ago
1 posts

oh man, read the ingredient list for morning star's crap! eat whatever you want, just stay away from big companies' junk. i saw some crazy idaho family on wife swap (yeah, i know...) that lived on a self-sustained farm and were on a raw diet. and they ate meat :) yep. raw chicken. raw eggs. "aged" raw beef. it was cool as hell though...

soaringeagle said:

i eat alotta morning stars foods
lil too much

Crazy Amanda said:
im a pescetarian (only meat i eat is fish one day i plan on not eating them either lol) but yea my fiance is a huge meat eater its not hard cookin for us at all.. there r DELICIOUS meat alternatives "Morning Star" brand. ..as for ppl mocking people who dont eat corpses let them say what they want its your decision and what you decide to put in your body is your own bussiness
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

whats wrong with morningstar

TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED TAPIOCA STARCH, ONION POWDER, CANOLA OIL, TRIGLYCERIDES FROM COCONUT OIL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), DEXTROSE, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, CARAMEL COLOR, CULTURED WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, GARLIC POWDER, SPICE, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), VITAMINS AND MINERALS (NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], VITAMIN B12), SESAME SEED OIL, CELERY EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN.

compare that to most stuff they call food

and compare the nutition info

Rachel Z said:

oh man, read the ingredient list for morning star's crap! eat whatever you want, just stay away from big companies' junk. i saw some crazy idaho family on wife swap (yeah, i know...) that lived on a self-sustained farm and were on a raw diet. and they ate meat :) yep. raw chicken. raw eggs. "aged" raw beef. it was cool as hell though...

soaringeagle said:

lil too much

Crazy Amanda said:
im a pescetarian (only meat i eat is fish one day i plan on not eating them either lol) but yea my fiance is a huge meat eater its not hard cookin for us at all.. there r DELICIOUS meat alternatives "Morning Star" brand. ..as for ppl mocking people who dont eat corpses let them say what they want its your decision and what you decide to put in your body is your own bussiness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natasha Boss
@natasha-boss
14 years ago
14 posts

I'm not a vegetarian, but this stuff is good as an iron supplement. It's an herbal formula.

http://www.vitamincountry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10444&zenid=b52864cabc43a9e5387bd39dbe8fb72d

Natasha Boss
@natasha-boss
14 years ago
14 posts

Any processed food really isn't good for you. Wholesome traditional foods are the way to go. Meat or no meat. I could go on for days about what's wrong with the ingredients in those processed foods, but I won't.

soaringeagle said:

whats wrong with morningstar

TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED TAPIOCA STARCH, ONION POWDER, CANOLA OIL, TRIGLYCERIDES FROM COCONUT OIL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), DEXTROSE, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, CARAMEL COLOR, CULTURED WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, GARLIC POWDER, SPICE, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), VITAMINS AND MINERALS (NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], VITAMIN B12), SESAME SEED OIL, CELERY EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN.

compare that to most stuff they call food

and compare the nutition info

Rachel Z said:

soaringeagle said:

lil too much

Crazy Amanda said:

/ 14

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form