Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vegetarian, to be or not to be?

Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
So lately, I have been pondering becoming a vegetarian. Actually I started contemplating it after a thread on here asking what everyone was.But anyways, so how long have you been vegetarians/vegans for? What made you decide to make the switch? Did you find the transition difficult? Any advice? Oh and another thing is that I'm supposed to take iron tablets, but I hate taking medication, so I dont I just try and eat some red meat for the iron. So what instead could I eat instead of the meat?And does anyone have a partner that isnt vegetarian, if so how do you do meals? What do you say to people who mock the idea of not eating meat?
updated by @jo: 05/18/18 10:36:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
lotta questions so ill try to answer each\so how long have you been vegetarians/vegans for?not sure think i was 16 last time i ate meat, maybe 18 at oldest 24-26 years?What made you decide to make the switch?actualy neighbours and my girlfreind at the time influenced me and i tried it just to try it but afterr i started i realized i had 10,000 reasons to continue and never look backi dont think u want all10,000 listed though.Did you find the transition difficult? nope easy as can be although for the 1st year maybe i had rare cravings for certain things..interestingly enough those things are now the things that disgust me most (ham and peperoni)Any advice? do it and as u do, start reading up on the issues surrounding it,m not only nutritional reasons but the whole cruelty free angle as well.pay attentio9n to how you feel as a person.seek out yummy veggie recipiesOh and another thing is that I'm supposed to take iron tablets, but I hate taking medication, so I dont I just try and eat some red meat for the iron. So what instead could I eat instead of the meat?many things spinach i think is highest in irondidje could tell u all the nutrition stuff i dont pay attention to that i just eat what i like and meat disgusts meAnd does anyone have a partner that isnt vegetarian, if so how do you do meals?not now i dont id preffer a partner whos veggie but its not a requirement, although i will not touch meat so shed hafta cook it if she wants it and afterwards brush if she wants a kissWhat do you say to people who mock the idea of not eating meat? i bombard them with the truththe reason they mock is based on the medias portrayal the whole "your not a man if u dont eat your meat grunt fart and flip over cars" thingmost mockery is based on misunderstanding and disinformation (much like dreades)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
I say go Vegetarian, at the least.Eating meat in my opinion, is just bad. The reason I've stopped eating meat is:1.) Against my beliefs.2.) Bad for the environment.3.) Animals are friends, not food.What I believe in, is Creatiolutionism. I'm unaware if I'm the only one who believes in this, but these are MY beliefs, and I'm sticking to them. Basically, the Creator, (God) created everything, and anything that is in existence, including life. The Creator gave life to planets, not immediate human life, but life, none the less. The creator gave all life the ability to adapt, and evolve, and better themselves. We evolved from the tide pool, where most life originated. We became tiny organisms, then evolved into fish, then to amphibians, then to birds, mammals, insects, ect, ect. Therefore, we are all connected in one way or another. We all came from each other, if that makes sense. So if I were to eat a cow, or chicken, or fish, it's like eating a distant relative. And why would I want something to die, just for me to live another day? No life is more, or less important than another. All living creatures are equal. That's pretty much why I became vegetarian. I'm pretty much vegan, but I rarely eat cheese. -_-In my way of thinking, I do not worship a supreme deity, but only give thanks for what the Creator has provided. Thinking such as I, would absolutely resolve the need for "Holy Wars", which are ignorant to the extreme. Religion only divides, and seldomly brings together.The transition wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I find even the smell of meat repulsive.Eat spinach, it's packed with loads of iron! :DI don't listen to people who bitch about my eating style, and diet.I know that I'm physically, mentally, and spiritually, healthier than they.No need to fight them over it.(:Hope that helped!
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
To be honest I have never heard of Creatiolutionism, but it makes a lot of sense. I should have done this when i was pregnant, then I couldnt even smell meat cooking without feeling nauseous. I think tomorrow is a new day, and its going to be meat free. I dont think I can go to vegan all in one step, but I'm gonna take the first step with being a vegetarian.The reason I asked about the mockery and such, is because I'm pretty sure my dad thinks someone will die if they dont eat meat. His response to veg is "well what do you eat then?" in that kinda tone like what the heck is left. But he's pretty close minded. His theory is If you arent eating haggis and wearing a kilt then you are wrong. (as you can guess he was born in raised in scotland) Back when I was in college, everyone pretty much was a veg. (well that's what happens when you are taking environmental technology) but anyways, I've tried a couple of veg meals and loved em. So hopefully this wont be that hard. I think it will be just an adjustment. Has anyone seen these videos on peta? Holy damn. I think that was enough to make me not want to eat meat.has anyone ever had TVP (texturized vegetable protein, well I think that's what it stands for)a friend of mine once made veg tacos with that and I remember it being amazing. and organic yogurt for sourcream. It was a pretty good meal. Anyways, I just wasnt sure on how to prepare it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i like tvp and setan and tofubut u can eat too much of ot like i do..loltheres a recipe share groupand many places u can get yummy veg recipiesi never hadta see the petea vids i worked on a dairy farm that was thye most disgusting thing ever Jo McClelland said:
To be honest I have never heard of Creatiolutionism, but it makes a lot of sense. I should have done this when i was pregnant, then I couldnt even smell meat cooking without feeling nauseous. I think tomorrow is a new day, and its going to be meat free. I dont think I can go to vegan all in one step, but I'm gonna take the first step with being a vegetarian.
The reason I asked about the mockery and such, is because I'm pretty sure my dad thinks someone will die if they dont eat meat. His response to veg is "well what do you eat then?" in that kinda tone like what the heck is left. But he's pretty close minded. His theory is If you arent eating haggis and wearing a kilt then you are wrong. (as you can guess he was born in raised in scotland) Back when I was in college, everyone pretty much was a veg. (well that's what happens when you are taking environmental technology) but anyways, I've tried a couple of veg meals and loved em. So hopefully this wont be that hard. I think it will be just an adjustment. Has anyone seen these videos on peta? Holy damn. I think that was enough to make me not want to eat meat.has anyone ever had TVP (texturized vegetable protein, well I think that's what it stands for)a friend of mine once made veg tacos with that and I remember it being amazing. and organic yogurt for sourcream. It was a pretty good meal. Anyways, I just wasnt sure on how to prepare it?

--
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I could imagine! There is a thing on there that says milk contains pus? Is that true?? soaringeagle said:
i like tvp and setan and tofu
but u can eat too much of ot like i do..lol
theres a recipe share group
and many places u can get yummy veg recipies
i never hadta see the petea vids i worked on a dairy farm that was thye most disgusting thing ever
Jo McClelland said:
To be honest I have never heard of Creatiolutionism, but it makes a lot of sense. I should have done this when i was pregnant, then I couldnt even smell meat cooking without feeling nauseous. I think tomorrow is a new day, and its going to be meat free. I dont think I can go to vegan all in one step, but I'm gonna take the first step with being a vegetarian.
The reason I asked about the mockery and such, is because I'm pretty sure my dad thinks someone will die if they dont eat meat. His response to veg is "well what do you eat then?" in that kinda tone like what the heck is left. But he's pretty close minded. His theory is If you arent eating haggis and wearing a kilt then you are wrong. (as you can guess he was born in raised in scotland) Back when I was in college, everyone pretty much was a veg. (well that's what happens when you are taking environmental technology) but anyways, I've tried a couple of veg meals and loved em. So hopefully this wont be that hard. I think it will be just an adjustment. Has anyone seen these videos on peta? Holy damn. I think that was enough to make me not want to eat meat.

has anyone ever had TVP (texturized vegetable protein, well I think that's what it stands for)
a friend of mine once made veg tacos with that and I remember it being amazing. and organic yogurt for sourcream. It was a pretty good meal. Anyways, I just wasnt sure on how to prepare it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
probasbly this was so long aghgo but i remember some cows would get siuck and theyre milk came out chunky and gross and wasnt that uncommon that ut gotr mixed in with the restbut what was worse was the abusetheysd splinter caneds even numchucks over the cows skulls, and to control them twist theyre tails till they broke..now having brokenmy spine myself i can tell u thats the worse pain u can imagine..the guys son who ran the farm was a semi pro boxer tioo and practiced by punching cowsand 3 meals a day they ate noth9ing but steak and eggs in mass quantities..disgusting Jo McClelland said:
I could imagine! There is a thing on there that says milk contains pus? Is that true??

soaringeagle said:
i like tvp and setan and tofu
but u can eat too much of ot like i do..lol
theres a recipe share group
and many places u can get yummy veg recipies
i never hadta see the petea vids i worked on a dairy farm that was thye most disgusting thing ever
Jo McClelland said:
The reason I asked about the mockery and such, is because I'm pretty sure my dad thinks someone will die if they dont eat meat. His response to veg is "well what do you eat then?" in that kinda tone like what the heck is left. But he's pretty close minded. His theory is If you arent eating haggis and wearing a kilt then you are wrong. (as you can guess he was born in raised in scotland) Back when I was in college, everyone pretty much was a veg. (well that's what happens when you are taking environmental technology) but anyways, I've tried a couple of veg meals and loved em. So hopefully this wont be that hard. I think it will be just an adjustment. Has anyone seen these videos on peta? Holy damn. I think that was enough to make me not want to eat meat.

has anyone ever had TVP (texturized vegetable protein, well I think that's what it stands for)
a friend of mine once made veg tacos with that and I remember it being amazing. and organic yogurt for sourcream. It was a pretty good meal. Anyways, I just wasnt sure on how to prepare it?

--
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
omg that is friggin awful, I dont even know what to say, that's just downright disgustingon peta's website there is a video about teh cruelty at the KFC farms. Wow I cant believe I was so sheltered from this.
MellotronLock
@mellotronlock
15 years ago
10 posts
im sorry that this might contradict to others but this is an opinion...if u believe in hair and dreadlocks are natural stuffs... then eating meat would be natural to go away with... we have tooth that are suited for omnivores... i dont think God create those teeth for fun, does he?yes, animals are friends but its part of the nature cycle... if we say meat cant be eaten so do other animals and ull disturb the mother earth diet and population cycle...to me, there's only one difference between us and the animals... we have brains... yes, those KFCs and other shits had made bad jobs treating the animals but there are ways also for treating them good...im not here to promote my religion, Islam... but my faith has a way to slaughter animals... in fact u'll be sinned just for not slaughtering the animal( eg:- cow) in the most possible way minimizing the pain for one animal... i dont know the way but u can asked the muslim butchers... (sorry bad english grammar.. it aint my mother tounge)so i guess eating meat is natural but dont treat 'em bad... and slaughter it with the love of god...i mean no offense to vegans and animal lovers...
MellotronLock
@mellotronlock
15 years ago
10 posts
Oh yeah TVPs are nice(i guess that can be referred to fake soy meats too or if im mistaken,sorry)... one way u could find is to go to indian vegetarian shops... here in my multiracial country, where some hindus and buddhist who practise vegetarians they cook those synthetic meat... they look real and taste real like those meats...but if ure really a true animal lover who dont like animal killings, i dont think its a good idea to eat those... coz ull be eating a fake meat with a real meat taste, that makes u thinking eating meat is delicious.... :D nyum2 Jo McClelland said:
The reason I asked about the mockery and such, is because I'm pretty sure my dad thinks someone will die if they dont eat meat. His response to veg is "well what do you eat then?" in that kinda tone like what the heck is left. But he's pretty close minded. His theory is If you arent eating haggis and wearing a kilt then you are wrong. (as you can guess he was born in raised in scotland) Back when I was in college, everyone pretty much was a veg. (well that's what happens when you are taking environmental technology) but anyways, I've tried a couple of veg meals and loved em. So hopefully this wont be that hard. I think it will be just an adjustment. Has anyone seen these videos on peta? Holy damn. I think that was enough to make me not want to eat meat. has anyone ever had TVP (texturized vegetable protein, well I think that's what it stands for) a friend of mine once made veg tacos with that and I remember it being amazing. and organic yogurt for sourcream. It was a pretty good meal. Anyways, I just wasnt sure on how to prepare it?
 / 14

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form