Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

IS IT TRUE THAT IF YOU HAVE DREADS YOU SHOULD NOT EAT MEAT?

Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
10 years ago
78 posts

Humans were made to eat meat, it's been practiced for centuries. Soaring Eagle, it is your opinion that humans shouldn't eat meat. I'm sorry to say it so bluntly, but tell me where your proof is (credible resources from non-biased third parties) that say we should not eat meat as human beings. Meat is not toxic to the body, whether it be beef, chicken, fish, or pork. Cavemen survived on meat and it's one of the oldest practices in human history.

Eating meat is NOT bad for you... in fact it provides many essential amino acids, proteins, and fats that your body needs to function properly. I'm not saying to have a 20 oz. Porterhouse everyday (that might be overkill), but 6oz. of red meat isn't going to kill you. It's conventional wisdom that has people scared to eat what they should be eating: foods rich in nutrients. Fish is the best kind of meat you can feed your body: the omega 3's are crucial to your body functioning like a finely tuned machine. In fact, human bodies were made to run on fats and proteins... not sugars or carbs, which is why your body stores FAT as a fuel substance. Your brain is comprised of 70+% FAT... if you don't feed your body fat, you're starving your brain. Plain and simple. [Cite: Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint].

The only way you can become violently ill from eating meat is if you have an underlying medical condition like Wilson's disease, an allergy to said substance, or if you're not giving your body what it needs to DIGEST the meat (i.e. enough water, fat, lipids, enzymes, trace minerals, etc.) If you lack those things in your finely tuned meat machine you call a body, then yes, you'll have trouble digesting meat of any kind.

No, we can't go bite a lion and take it down but we can make rudimentary tools to take the animal down and gather its meat... what marvelous humans we are that we came up with such technology! It's like saying you can't go drink from that pond because you'll get a bacterial infection. Well, that's true... but you can boil the water to kill any potential parasites that may be in there that would cause you to become sick... same with meat. Besides, no one likes eating lion as far as I know... but those little critters that are smaller than you, with much smaller brains, such as fish, rabbit, deer, etc... those were made for human consumption. Just don't eat it raw.

Cavemen had no problems digesting meat because they lived on a high protein, high fat, very low carb diet... kill a deer for dinner, gather some wild yams, and have some berries for dessert. Their bodies were tuned to digest and utilize meat and it's fat to the fullest extent. In our modern day society, where omega 6's, refined carbs, saturated fats, and all sorts of other icky things far outweigh what we really need: omega 3's (salmon, nuts), unrefined natural carbs (from veggies and fruits), and small simple sugars (raw natural honey).

I'm sorry but I simply don't agree with not eating meat. You need it for optimum health. Don't believe me? Go do the unbiased research for yourself... otherwise, I'd hijack the feed if I did it for you.

Dis-eases like colon cancer, high blood pressure, etc. arise when too many foods high in saturated fats and processed sugars are combined, paving the way to a heart attack... i.e. eating a 20oz porterhouse with ketchup (HFCS), having a side of mashed potatoes with margarine (omega 6's and saturated fats), and washing it all down with a nice soda (HFCS and sweeteners), followed by cheesecake (omega 6's again, processed carbs, saturated fats, etc). Of course your body isn't going to digest that crap.

If you eat "clean," meat included, you'll find the "caveman diet" actually cures a number of ailments like high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, ADD, ADHD, epilepsy, fibromylgia, arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, and the list goes on... so how can this be? By feeding your body the RIGHT things. Too many people are dying because they are STARVING their bodies and brains of the nutrients it needs to function properly. And some of those nutrients are found in meat. In fact, Time Magazine just published an article about why modern science has proven that butter is in fact better for you than what the "conventional wisdom" of the 70's and 80's taught us about margarine and vegetable spreads. What? The scientists were wrong? You betcha.

In India having dreadlocks is a cultural symbol symbolizing you're a vegetarian/vegan. It's true also in some other cultures. Here in America dreads can symbolize anything you want them to. Of course if you're vegan/vegetarian for an ethical/religious cause then I respect that. Everyone else, having dreadlocks does not mean you MUST be vegan/vegetarian. In fact a lot of vegan/vegetarians suffer from low iron, weak and brittle hair and nails, the list goes on. But that's your choice.

I choose to be healthy.

Namaste. <3 Shade

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

humans also eat a long list of whats esentialy industrial waste byproductsadded to food that doesnt makeit healthy or natiral

the proof is right there in your body

1 you have flat teeth made for veggies

2 you have shoret jaws unable to riup the flesh out of a living animal

3 you cant kill with teeth and claws alone

4 t=you stand upright to reach fruites not run on all 4 to chad-=se prey through thick woods

5 yoiu have long inr-testinesto digest celuoiuse nit short to ek[lin-minate fats and ri=otting meat

6 if u stop eating meat fir a year a single mite throws u into shock and make4s u very very sick hours of puling high fever chils sweats shgakinmg foll9owed by weeks of feeling toxic

if your body rejects it lo=ikle a ooisiion is it not proofd enough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

and you have less risjkof serious health issues if u dont eat meat

prrtofs right there and all u need to see for yourself is stop ear=tting meat loing enough toi get healthy

you diont gotta be veggie toi dread ofciuyrse

but u will be hesalthierr ifd u are

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

margerine is chemicaly almost identivcle to petroleum it wass made to fatten up turkeys but the turkeys kept dt=ying off so they decided to feed it to people instead its very very bad for you

--
Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
10 years ago
78 posts

Not in my body, thank you very much. ^_^ Maybe someone else's.

1. Fruit bats have pointy sharp teeth and they eat fruit. Teeth do not say much about what the animal consumes.

2. I have incisors that can rip flesh from bones.

3. I could kill a rabbit with my teeth and hands... ever seen Bear Grills?

4. I stand upright because I can run faster on two legs then I can on four... and I can reach the fruits in the trees, or stoop to pluck the berries from a bush.

5. I have a long intestinal tract to help me digest all my food and pull as many nutrients as my body can from what I've eaten, along with eliminating the solid waste such as roughage like fiber from plants.

6. I've stopped eating meat before... no ill effects. I started eating meat again... no ill effects.

My body doesn't reject it because I eat correctly. Same with any other human being. When I ate like crap I couldn't digest meat worth a single darn, I'll admit that right there. But when I added in loads of veggies, nuts, fruits, veggies and cut out all the flour, bread, pasta, etc... BAM, digestion problems were solved.

It's your OPINION that people shouldn't eat meat. Not scientific fact. <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yiu didnt sitop long enough to reject it it takes a year or 2 to clean out and lose the enzymes that do the digesting fir you

now long digestive tracts and meat = way more fat being absol=rbed si high cholesteral cloged arteries heart disease colon cancswerer etcc

and no u cannot kill any andimsl with your teeth and clawes

maybe a mouse thats it your teeth are made fior roots nioty=t meats

and the absolute proof is its in your nature

put a bunny in a crib with an iunfant and an aspple

if humans are naturally meat eatters the iunfant would play with the apple and eat the bunny

humans would never eat meat unless they were conditioned to acxceot it as food

when you see an anu[jimazl ri-=otting on the side of the road brains splattered everywhere do you thi8nk yumm or eww

if you were naturaly a meat eater your cats dogs fish birds that u call pets wioukold be just like yuouyr dinner youd eat them when hungry andnitthink of them as part of the family

it is not in human nature to wantto sink ytour teeth into a living animalk

that is fact

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

and scientific studies that prove less heart disease kess high blood pressuee cholesterol clogged arteries color cazncer.,,. how aree they opinions when its causing ppl to die

do u also deny tomback=o is bad fir u just cause u smoke it

and cause humans have smoked it for centuries

--
Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
10 years ago
78 posts

I stopped eating meat for 3 years.

Anyway, my point still stands no matter how much "evidence" we toss at each other... you can't tell people that their opinions are wrong.

An opinion is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. An opinion is also a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Your opinion is that humans should not eat meat.
Other's opinions are that meat is beneficial to humans.

You cannot claim your opinion to be absolute fact above all others.

We respect your opinions, please respect ours. <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

it is absolute proof when its not your natural instinct to eat it nor is it healthy fior you when vegataruians uni9versaly show lower blood pressure higher iq kless risk of heart disease and colon cancer etc etc etc

these are hard cold statistics

btw u do not run faster on 2 legs then 4 every animal almost runs faster then us ..with wayt shorter legs try chasing down a cat or dog they are faster an aligator that weigfhs 800 pounds with legs only as foot long can reach 40mph

even mice with thier tiny legs can probably outrunmost humans

we are extremely poorly designed to chase down and trwar apart living creatires with ]=out guns or spears

\these are not opinions

--
Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
10 years ago
78 posts

We're going to have to agree to disagree then.

<3 Shade

updated by @shade-of-ashes: 07/24/15 12:04:40PM

/ 10

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form