Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

becoming Vegetarian

seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts

wow guys thanks for the tips and advice im going to go to this store near my house called whole foods to pick up some food i know for sure im gona pick up  humous and soy milk and thoes veggie burgers slowey but surly ima gonna get this down thanks so much guys also i love soups and stews im gonna make some veggies ones and load up on the veggies :) like carrots and celery any seasonings you guys use to make it tates really good? like  curry ? 

seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts

Peace Shalom: Also watch this video if you want help getting off the dairy products. The cows really go through hell.

crazy :( i been drinking alot of almond milk instead and also i heard that dairy stuff leaves residue in your body yuck so it sticking like like glue in your body   

seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts

Peace Shalom: Also, you can bake oiled asparagus @ 350 for 30 minutes or so and sprinkle a little salt and pepper and garlic in it. It is amazing! To cook with use coconut oil or avocado oils because they are the most "stable" when heated.

i will have to do this sounds soo good right now! thanks :)  

seek6478
@seek6478
6 years ago
24 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

1st just remove meat from everything you eat.. you can add meat substitutes slowly.. tofu seitan tempeh tvp (textured vegetable  protein) whatever falafils instead of meatballs 

try diferent veggie burgers and things many are better then others.. at 1st you might like the ones that taste more like meat, later on those ones will not be ones you like.

get a vegy cookbook or 5  they have a lot of amazing ideas

tonight. stirfry some seitan if you can get it, if not tofu, but marinate the tofu in some soy sauce or some other sausce  maybe with a ll ginger or something

add sweet and hot peppers any other veggies you like 

on the side add 1 cup chunky peanutbutter and about 3 cups water, lil curry cayenne maybe cumin? bring to slight boil then simmer for awhile stiring constantly add any spices to taste simmer it so its still kinda thin but thickened a bit..as it cools it will thicken more

poor that over the stirffry

now nutritional yeaste tastes like cheese (some vegan cheeses are amazing others soso) but adding nutritional yeast to anything automaticly make it taste better .. bland overcooked boild cabage  with nutritional yeast  tastes fairly good.. add it to [opcorn with garlic instead of butter and yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a lot doesnt gotta change till you go vegan. order a pizza? instead of pereroni get banana peppers black olives artichoke hearts (my fave) pinaple  you name it.

over time you'll find you need a lot less food then when you ate meat as well.  I eat about 1/4 what my meat eater freins eat and im stuffed

you can get veggie versions of every peat thing you can think of from shark fin soup to well literaly anything, but as you move away from things that simply replace meat but still resemble meat you find a whole diferent wide range of options

there are mushrooms that grow on tes that do taste like steak, but then you can also find a salad in your yard that are whats normaly considered weeds

like dandilions, I think clovers but don't quote me on that.. those long leaved things that pop up 1 or more stalks with fuzzy lil bud things.. those are called plaintains not the same as the banana like fruit with the samename, but you'd see them every 5 steps or less in your yard.

grow a garden with all your faves like eggplants and peppers  and everything you like alt.

to take it a step further learn edible plants in your area an around the country and do some foraging and wildcrafting.

this last trip I discovered sourwood. the leaves have a delicious sour taste and im not a fan of sour things.

every day we pulled several hundred pounds of wild mushrooms out of the forrest and every kitchen serve them almost every meal

on naked and afraid they matched a vegetarian (female) foreger with a survivalist meat eatter

ever 2 steps she stopped to pick up food, flowers leaves you name it

he rushed her along not letting her collect food. he spent soooo much energy trying to fish, catch food and finaly he ate some grubs then a lizard that was exactly 2 bites

because he didn't let her collec food he talked her into 1 bite which made her sick

but with just the stuff she collected in the 1st 5 or 10 minutes, and a lil ore she collected when she just had to get away from his  alpha male 'we gotta do it my way' attitude  she did far better

she did eat less calories but lot a lot less weight

it took him 4 days to light a fire (she went off on her own had 1 started in 5 minutes) \

so her overall survivability score was double his

oh in fact he got sick from something he ate, tried treating it with an herb, but didn't knlw the plants well enough and iisined himself

i'll also mention raw vegans absolutely dominate the ultramarathon curcuit

and for 4 months as a teen I lived on only oranges and on Fridays (after 3rd week) a plate of brown rice

I literaly bounced and skipped instead of walking..every step was 2 feet into the air

uncontrollable energy

man this sounds soooo good thanks im gonna try all of this step by step thanks again man i never had curry i been wanting to try it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

dairy is so horrible and why I went veg. I worked on a dairy farm they took wooden canes and sumtimes numchucks (I know spelled wrong) and turned them into splinters over the cows heads..they then twisted the tails breaking them.. thats literaly millions of nerves at once..i broke my back.. when a dr says describe your pain frm 0-10 .. very very very few have any idea what 10 is..every nerve in your body ripped apart.. thats a 9.5  only being set on fire with your brain literaly boiling can be a 10

so thats the agony they inflicketed to control the,..most had the tails zig zagging having been broken dozens of times

now I still eat cheese but am eating more vegan cheese all the time

however humans are the only animals to drink another niimals milk (exceptwhen its needed for survival if the mother dies) and no animal drinks milk beyod infancy

cows milk contains growh hormones designed to make a 100 pound calf vecome a  2 ton cow as fast as possible4

additionaly all the runny noses chest congestion  etc you get..all caused by milk.. vegans almost never have mucous issues (well after several months or a year of veganism you get a mucus flush.. literaly pouring out of everywhere  in insane ammounts.. after  that...your clear..but when I went vegan at 19 ..that mucus flush did me in and I relapsed...now im finaly inchig my way back towards full vegan)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
Spices are a personal preference and takes time to experiment with to know what to do.

Depends also the dish and the type of taste you are going for.

Do you want savory or spicy or sweet and salty?

In my experience heres some things that come to mind:

-Garlic and Malabar pepper with sea salt is good on vegetables that have been baked in the oven.

Cumin and Paprika is good if you want to give a curry type of flavor to sauteed veggies on the stove top.

For a traditional curry blend you'll want cumin, coriander, chili pepper, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, garlic, paprika, turmeric, (and maybe some red pepper or cyanne pepper if you want spicey)

Rosemary is good on potatoes.

Basil and thyme are good with tomato type sauces.

Soy sauce with maple syrup will give a teriyaki flavor. Then you can spice it up with syracha sauce or whatever. Maybe add a little ginger and garlic too.

Caraway seeds are good in soups like for example a vegan borsche recipe.

Hope that gives you some idea...what i do is smell/taste a small sample as im cooking and then open up various spices and smell it and think if the combination of smells would go well together because basically 80% of your taste comes from smell. Add a little at a time, and keep resmelling and taste it to see where the right balance of spice needs to be.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

I cook experimentally like that playing with spice combos

1 thing that might surprise ya is nutritional yeast or brewers yeast can  make almost anything taste better. 

I have a sensitive stomach and many veggies cause a gag reflex some cause of texture (celery eww) others I dunno flavor  but theres been some certain ways I found I like almost all veggies if they are cooked a certain way.. although some I can still only handle in limited ammounts

zucchini..eww zucchini bread yumm zucchini mock apple pie tastes better then the best apple pie you ever had

some veggies I love no mater how the ar prepared (maybe not raw fo a few) others I can only eat specific ways.

I tend to be pretty picky that way 

I have also found that since beng veggie  I eat about 1/4 what meat eatters eat my cholesterols dead perfect. all my nutrition levels tend to be just right (if anything I need more sun but the heat gets to me so I avoid the hot sun) 

the 1st months o f going veg you might have cravings for 1 or 3 of your favorite meats... a couple years in those favorites will disgust you the most (pepperoni ham etc) 

after many years...shit smells better then cooking meat (well vegetarian shit meat eatters shit tends to stink a lot more...I do notice mine smells the worse if I eat pizza or alotta cheese ..if I avoid dairy the scents ..barely ajythhing) 

I went to a family reunion once where they had a pig roast... it was the worse stench I ever smelled! literaly worse then a waste treatment plant or garbage dump.. or an outhouse overflowing with 6 months of shit

you'll also start to notice the wrse somenes diet is the worse they smell.. like someone whos overweight and lives off the most disgusting hungryman tv dinners and pure crap they can step out of the shower and fill the room with a stench that makes you gag

a really really pure diet like raw vegan or fruitarian and your shits have almost no scent at all

and body odors almiost impossible to detect..even ater running an ultramarathon in 90 degree heat (3 times the distance of a marathon...ultramarathons are totally dominated by raw vegans)

most of body oders toxins being excreted from your pores.. some is ..well bacteria farts

but bacteria need more then just saly water to live in and create farts they live off the garbage ou excrete

another thing... people with poor diets are more prone to stuff ike depression anxiety...aggression anger issues

you'll [probably notice a few years in that you've changed become happier 

I know when I was young I was angry.. easy to fly off the handle.. a couple years afer becoming veg I was the opposite.. 

your diet affects more ten just your physical health it affects your brain your emotional state.. your stability

not saying its a cure all..not by far but it does help you in many unexpected ways...slowly however

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
If you can handle it, and you want to get that extra motivation. Just watch tons of slaughterhouse videos each night before bed until it gives you nightmares.

That's what I did recently to make the full jump to 100% vegan.

Also watch videos of vegan animal sanctuaries, and you will see the difference.

This video is based on UK, but this kind of thing happens all over the world.
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Choose whole foods. Fresh fruits and veggies, if it can be eaten raw and plucked from the source it's a good place to start. Old post I know but really switching is so easy! Stop cooking for a few weeks and eat nothing from a packaged source= generally speaking that's a whole food.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form