Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My amazing revelation, thank you all dreadlockssite!

Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

So I'm officially just over 1 month in, and I just have to say that I am beyond Happy that I found this site before I did something truly awful to my hair!!

I have wanted dreads for the longest time ( 15 yrs) and have had a set of back combed disasters for about 2 weeks, had synthetic dreads on and off for 2 years, and been told by EVERYBODY to get some beeswax and a crochet needle, and I'll have a set of killer dreads.

It's never sat well with me to do anything to it, as clearly all of those methods are damaging, and I didnt want to do that to my hair, so I never got the dreads I wanted so desperately. I've been told white girls can't have dreads without damaging, waxing, backcombing, and constant maintenance so I gave up the dream. I scoured the web looking at images of white girls with perfect, pencil thin, smooth, silky locs, and dreamed about them constantly............until I stumbled across dre

adlockssite.com and my life was changed in an instant!

I saw images of beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, NATURAL, untamed, loopy, unique dreads. Loose hairs suddenly were beautiful to me, frizz and loops were celebrated as progress, not a problem to be fixed with goop, and all I had to do was throw away my brush! I was hooked. I succumbed to the TnR method only because of excitement, and after years of misinformation I thought you couldn't just do nothing. ????but after tnr ing most of my hair and letting it go I ended up brushing out due to poor sectioning and letting a lot of them go completely natural, and guess which ones are my favorite? the natural ones are so amazing and I'm completely thrilled with the progress. The natural are so much more mature than the tnr and are only half the age!!

So I just wanted to share the fact that I am so grateful for this site, I am grateful for the community, and all the great advice. I am grateful for the support, and most of all the TRUTH! I used to think that dreads had to be perfect and manicured and identical! but I am now embracing and loving the loops bumps and frizz. I'm loving that they are unique, and they are healthy and they are MINE

also my partner has always hated the idea of dreads as he thought they were dirty and gross, but has always said that it's my head and I can do what I want with it... he has

received a dreaducation, and now loves them...will p0st a photo soon

Much Love xxxxxx and thanks xxxxxxx

updated by @kootabootz: 03/01/18 07:36:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha so true des..on facebook last week someone asked my advice cause someone put wax in his dreads and because i didnt see it right away this kid who had already ruined 1 set of dreads with wax gave him advice instead he started off saying that he should skip the wax cause he already had to cut a set off due to overwaxing beut then ti[old him to wax after every shower and ppalm roll all day everyday then crochet

i told the kidthat was wrong and both wax and crochet very bad for dreads and the kid that told him to wax went on a rant about neglect dreads always get cut in under 3 months cause they are dirrty etc (word for word from dreadlocks.com) i tried explaining that just the oposites true and that waxy dreads arely last but neglect dreads usualy last longest but he was so brainwashed by those other sites there was no getting through to him

luckily the kid that originaly asked the question did join here and is getting the wax out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

hey thanks for the feature SE! I was on a freedom high when I wrote that, I just had to share my excitement and happiness, I couldn't contain it. Ive done a complete 180 on what i thought beautiful dreads were, and I can't wait to see what happens next, hopefully they will fatten up a lot, and I'll get some more dimension to them. I washed them thismorning so those pics are a bit straighter and flatter than after a day in the wind, but I'd really love some beef to them :)

soaring eagle said:

haha so true des..on facebook last week someone asked my advice cause someone put wax in his dreads and because i didnt see it right away this kid who had already ruined 1 set of dreads with wax gave him advice instead he started off saying that he should skip the wax cause he already had to cut a set off due to overwaxing beut then ti[old him to wax after every shower and ppalm roll all day everyday then crochet

i told the kidthat was wrong and both wax and crochet very bad for dreads and the kid that told him to wax went on a rant about neglect dreads always get cut in under 3 months cause they are dirrty etc (word for word from dreadlocks.com) i tried explaining that just the oposites true and that waxy dreads arely last but neglect dreads usualy last longest but he was so brainwashed by those other sites there was no getting through to him

luckily the kid that originaly asked the question did join here and is getting the wax out

Alexia Sepe-Gomez
@alexia-sepe-gomez
12 years ago
2 posts

Beautiful!

Jess H
@jess-h
11 years ago
14 posts

Your dreads look great!

I love this site too. After weeks of looking at different videos, products and websites, strangely enough the only one that doesn't tell you to use wax and hooks is this one. But I suppose this is the only one where no one's trying to sell you crap.

Thanks for the info, everyone!

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Awesome! Mine are barely a month now too and I had similiar expectations when I started but I have found that now I'm super excited for loops and craziness =)

Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
11 years ago
12 posts

Kudos! its interesting cause i was almost brainwashed by other sites till one day at school i was researching with free time, and a teacherfrom one of myearly morning classes came overand i showed him the website i wrote down, which was dreadlockssite, and hehad a huge grin on his face and told me that i should definitely check it out...i loved the site! but didnt get the guts to actually start and join till about a year after!

Thank God I decided to take the AP class

The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
A small part of my need for dreadiness is to leave behind the brainwashing. This story could have been mine and I appreciate seeing it very much. People are already staring at me like I am a freak so I am happy to see other "freaks" I can relate to on here.Be well...
christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

u are GORGEOUS !! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form