Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Friendly Dreadlock Encounters

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Sooooo today my brother and I were at best buy in Buford GA, (he was browsing around for gadgets) and I met back up with him a little later in the music section.

As I was walking toward him, this 16-18 year old kid walks up to me and starts bombarding me with questions.

Hey there! I noticed you had dreads!
Me: Yeah they were 3 months old on the 1st.
Him: Im dreading as well!(flips off his Fedora)
Me: Thats awesome! How long have you been dreading?
Him: About a month now.
Me: Thats whats up!

He then asked me if I was mixed and I said no that I am just light skinned. And he asked me if I was a part of a facebook community about dreads, (cant really remember what he called it.)

I told him about Dreadlockssite and what a wonderful place it was full of wonderful people and that he should check us out.

Long story short (I know its too late for that) it made my day to meet a fellow dready who wasnt too scared to ask me about my dreads. Not to mention that him saying he liked my dreads when sometimes I dont even feel like they do yet.. lol

Just wanted to share that.. :)

updated by @karrington-3: 01/13/15 09:15:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nice and hopefuly he'll drop by

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

I hope so :)

It made me feel good to be able to share that with him.. I love this site and I love you for making it accessible to us :)

you da greatest!! :D

ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts

oh i've recommended this place to a few people! i was at a state fair and this guy was asking me about my dreads because he wants to get some soon. He and i spent SO much time talking about dreads, I'm pretty sure i convinced him to go natural no wax, and just to dread. I also chatted up this guy at a coffee shop who actually looked up the page on his computer. It's great to talk with other dreadies, aspiring dreadies and soon to be dreadies about dreads. Whenever i chat with a dreadlocked person, i end up talking to them about how long they've had their dreads, how they did them, all that good stuff. It's pretty awesome.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Indeed.. I like to spread the word with people about dreading. I can also tell now the people that used wax to dread their hair.. It is blatantly obvious because they look so jagged and heavy. I'm not sure how the guy I talked to did his because his hair was pretty short and just starting out, but I do love to hear dready hair stories :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form