Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
brandy
@brandy
11 years ago
11 posts

Just washed my hair for the first time WITH apple cider vinegar. I have been washing my hair with watered down pantene. Anyways, As my hair is drying from the acv rinse I'm noticing that my hair seems more loose. My really nice pieces are not tight anymore and it doesn't even look like it was lookin' (which was awesome) just like really soft and puffy. :(

updated by @brandy: 01/13/15 09:48:16PM
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

U don't wash with ACV, you rinse with it.... AFTER you WASH with Baking soda... and the ACV rinse shouldn't be left on your hair very long at all, just a pour over and rinse it out. It's for balancing the PH of your scalp after you wash with baking soda which would dry your scalp out.

brandy
@brandy
11 years ago
11 posts

oh ok! :/ eek. thanks, after some palm rolling I can see my dreadies . THey're just so soft!!!

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

dont palm roll....its pointless and perhaps even detrimental.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Brandy, please don't palm roll your dreads, it has only temporary benefits to the look and long term damage to the locks. As, BeauZay said, the ACV is a rinse only. In case you do not know the measurements, it is 1-2 capfulls of ACV mixed in 5 cups water. Pour over head and rinse, don't leave on for more than 1 minute. If you don't have dreadlock shampoo, use the Baking Soda wash, I have used it for a year now.

Peace

brandy
@brandy
11 years ago
11 posts

Hey Barrellady! (I feel a little silly) When do you think I shoulddo a bs wash now? Woke up this morning and my hair is all soft and dready anymore "(, I'm so sad, I'm just going to put a head band on and go. WHat do you think will help? Starting all over? Thank you for your help. Have a great day!

the Barrellady said:

Brandy, please don't palm roll your dreads, it has only temporary benefits to the look and long term damage to the locks. As, BeauZay said, the ACV is a rinse only. In case you do not know the measurements, it is 1-2 capfulls of ACV mixed in 5 cups water. Pour over head and rinse, don't leave on for more than 1 minute. If you don't have dreadlock shampoo, use the Baking Soda wash, I have used it for a year now.

Peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Not sure what you mean by "my hair is all soft & dread anymore" Brandy, but twist & rip sections do need to loosen in order to dread, so if this is what happened, then that's good. If you do not have dread shampoo, then keep using the baking soda wash. The BS exfoliates the scalp and cleans it without the hands rubbing.

Twist & rip dreads will not look the same as when you first did them. That was only the blueprint of the sections that you made. They will loosen, maybe come undone if not tight, zig, zag, loop and shrink, the changes are amazing to see.

Don't be sad on your journey, embrace it, embrace the changes, know that everything that happens is so that beautiful mature dreads will be created because of it.

Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form