Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to cope with all the negativity?

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

hi and apparently these beings selfless. are not finished with their own soul searching and have much to learn about themselves and the world around them, they are not to the point that u are. you have to believe this, not that im saying u r superior to them just saying you r at a beautiful point in your life and journey you have created and chose to make all your own, your own will. that in itself ids beautiful u kno. you dont have to be a stunning chic to be beautiful my friend. beauty is within tru beauty within us all if we let it live there it will eventually be in harmony with our whole being.goodluck with your wonderful journey and soul searching adventure hun. they words are meaningless and meant to hurt you so deflect them, and have faith unto your own will and heart.i know you will be great at this life one sweet day, we are a tight knit around here stick around ok. much love and peace be with you ~jazzymomma ~~believe in urself

updated by @jazzymomma: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I say pretty much what Randi says 'I love my hair, that's what matters'. On Thanksgiving day 2011, when my dreads were only two months old, my mom said 'I'm sorry Sis, bu I hate your dreads' right when I walked in the door. I just said 'that's ok Mom, I love them'. She hasn't said a thing since. She's even gone on adventures to help me find essential oils and various other bits to make my hair smell or look nice.
Crystal3
@crystal3
11 years ago
5 posts
I have to agree with mons. As long as you like them, that's All that matters. I tried to do them myself a few years back and they didn't turn out how I wanted them. So I took them out. I am reattempting them with the love and support of my lovely boyfriend who also has dreads. And I had a rough time in he first month but they are starting to tighten. Stay positive and irie. I started of with the rubber bands because my first attempt and the reason I combed them out is because my roots started to dread together and I didn't want them big. But I just rinsed with the oils and acv and they are looking great. Just believe in what you are doing and if you would never cut them then just like jazzy momma said, deflect the statements and f them all! ;)
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Most here will advise that you to just ignore the comments, and I don't think that is such a bad idea. However, if what they say is really affecting you, coupled with your already low self-esteem, I would say that you should think about just getting rid of them. Maybe work on your self-confidence and esteem with a professional and come back to dreading another time. Or go see one now. There is no shame in making yourself better.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

um. those 'professionals" are just pill pushers and dreads should be a part of the healing/growth process. i have social anxiety and used to worry way too much about other peoples opinions, and getting dreads helped me with that. i personally think getting rid of them would kind ofbe like letting thosenegative comments rule you.

Kelly said:

Most here will advise that you to just ignore the comments, and I don't think that is such a bad idea. However, if what they say is really affecting you, coupled with your already low self-esteem, I would say that you should think about just getting rid of them. Maybe work on your self-confidence and esteem with a professional and come back to dreading another time. Or go see one now. There is no shame in making yourself better.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Completely agree with knotlady, you're the only person you need to improve your self image. Your dreads will help you gain confidence in ways I can't describe. It gets better brother.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form