dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

COME HELP ME WITH MY JOURNEY AT THE OKANOGAN FAIMLY FAIRE 2012

Camille L. Johnson
@camille-l-johnson
12 years ago
5 posts

HELLO EVERYONE!

I am going to be attending the Okanogan Family faire for the 12 year in a row. My father took me there when I was a young child as well as i went there the October before the Dec that my son was born. It has been a tradition in my family now for a while. The faire itself started in 1973.

Well to get to the point, I have decided that This year will be the year that the Faire becomes the birth place of my long in time coming dreads. I have always, since a young girl felt attached to dreads. I have been a long spiritual journey now, and it is time that my dream become a reality!! So I am here to ask anyone if they would like to cross paths on my journey??

If you are going to be up in Tonaskit this year, come make one of my dreads! (or several :)) I will be vending up in the north yellow area. My partner and I have been making homemade jam, fruit leather, applesauce and its our third year that we have been doing home made berry wine! (This years batch we will bringwas started last year) And I have to give a shout to the nice couple we traded a bottle of Rose Tip peddle wine with, IT WAS AMAZING! A lot of love definatly went into it!

So anyways, If you are going to be up at the faire, Come make a dread! and if ive already done, well come hang out! Theres always Free hugs, smiles and conversation at our tent! :)

updated by @camille-l-johnson: 02/14/15 09:20:18AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

let me tell you a story

my best freind wanted dreads for months she trieds to find someone to "help her dread"

we went to a rainbow gathering together there she asked 100 ppl to help her dread

all said sure but never got around to it so we were there 2 weeks and she washed her hair in the streams twice

and 1 say shes like i really want to get my hair dreaded today

so i took her hand touched iyt to her hair and said what do you mean its altready dreadubg

in that 2 weeks she had 2 baby dreads form

she stayed there a month li9nger then me 1/2 her head dreaded uo naturaly the ret would have in no time but she had wanged certain ppl to put their energy into them

so

grandpa woodstock rubbed a roco on her hair and uaed the woodstock rock and roll method

another brother twisted a section till it twisted into a ball then pulled the end out so it "bined" o]out straight again

2 were tnr

1 was braided by tails and alowed to dread

every dread was started diferently but not 1 needed to be started at all

yours dont either

your on a spiritual journey so dont have anyone do your dreads let your dreads happen naturally

if you go to a faire and ask ppl to dread your hair your asking for troybke! you'll get ppl try to use wax..or crochet or interlocking or who knows what

it would be a very very very bad idea

just let it dread itself or you and your partner do it yourself only tnr no products no tools only hands

but going natural (stop combing let it dread itself) is always best and most spiritual way to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Camille L. Johnson
@camille-l-johnson
12 years ago
5 posts

I want people to be able to help me, my journey wouldve ended a long timego if it wasnt for others in my life. Its symbolic for me to have people help. I also already know a few people with dreads that will help that are going. If no one helps, o well, if people do, then great, I feel like then it was what is supose to happen. So thank you for the advice, I also kinda like pain. Youmust feel pain to know pleasure... I had my son all natural too. Pain isnt an issue for me. Its really about wanting people to help. And like I said if no one does then so be it.. My partner and friends will still get it done regardless.I just want as many people that want to do it, do it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok just pay attention to what they do so u dont get screwed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Camille L. Johnson
@camille-l-johnson
12 years ago
5 posts

Definatly will! :)

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

This is in Washington state right? Also called Barter Faire? My son and I would like to go. What are the details (dates and such)?

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
I didn't realize this is in Washington state. If it were closer to Bonney Lake I'd totally go but I don't have a car :(
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Hayley would you be willing to carpool maybe? I'm not sure I can make it at all tho. I live right down in Sumner!

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
that'd be cool. looking at prices I'd probably only be able to afford a day pass (and gas, of course)random question, Mons... Did you used to work in the dot com department at the Canyon Rd Safeway in Puyallup?
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Hayley, I did!! And since you mention that, I totally remember you!! How funny is this!?!?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form