Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some feedback on this problem I've had twice...

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i thought there was a shrinkage group? i could be mistaken tho (wouldn't be the first time!)

must have just been a discussion cuz i don't see a group. start one up!

nope here it is (was looking under S not I bah!)

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/incrediblyshrinkingdreads?

updated by @ixchel: 07/23/15 06:30:38PM
Dawnabella
@dawnabella
12 years ago
8 posts

Hi Ixchel, (very good goddess ;)

thanx for ur support. I had really thought I was having serious problems with this and being I hadn't had *short* hair ever, (since I was a wee tot) it has really affected me emotionally. But, now, I am feeling a lot better just having read all the replies you guys r sending. I am new (well not really but brand new as for posting on this website) so I might not have my posts in right places, so forgive me (everyone( if you're reading this. I just have to learn. still. lol...

but anyway, Ixchel, I read from on of the others replies here, the same thing about biotin, so I'm going to try that. :) also, I eat rosemary already so that's prob not bad that I'm doing that already.

Thanx again, take care,

Blessed Be!

Ixchel said:

don't fret this does happen with almost all dreads! it does vary by method & hair type how much shrinking you will have. but after the shrinking is over they will just not seem to be doing anything for a while & then grow grow GROW! It doesn't make you a wimp, I'm pretty sure I'll freak when I get there. This is the longest my hair has ever been & it hasn't really shrunk at all yet, straight hair & going natural so i'm expecting to loose a good chunk of length & it is the only thing about dreading that frightens me! you can help growth by eating/living healthy, taking biotin & i think i heard rosemary helps as well? but don't worry, hair will grow!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

surprised you knew the name ;)

glad you are finding you aren't alone in this, we are always here for support :) i totally get it being a big deal, like i said i'm sooo scared of the shrinkage to come lol. it'll really be a trial for me i'm sure, & it's not like i'm used to long hair or anything! & don't worry about posting wherever if it's really in a "wrong" spot SE can move it somewhere more appropriate. & navigating the site has a little bit of a learning curve it's fine, we've all been there ;)

check out that shrinkage group for sure! maybe get it a little active & more lively in there. i know people were actually talking about boiled rosemary sprigs as a soak or something? may be something to look into a bit more at least.

Dawnabella said:

thanx for ur support. I had really thought I was having serious problems with this and being I hadn't had *short* hair ever, (since I was a wee tot) it has really affected me emotionally. But, now, I am feeling a lot better just having read all the replies you guys r sending. I am new (well not really but brand new as for posting on this website) so I might not have my posts in right places, so forgive me (everyone( if you're reading this. I just have to learn. still. lol...

but anyway, Ixchel, I read from on of the others replies here, the same thing about biotin, so I'm going to try that. :) also, I eat rosemary already so that's prob not bad that I'm doing that already.

Thanx again, take care,

Blessed Be!

Dawnabella
@dawnabella
12 years ago
8 posts

Soaring Eagle!

Hey how's it going? my one and only> heh,I have no others on the whole thousands on this site,but you dude. : P For some odd reason my little netbook shat on me as I was replying to those here whom answered me. Geez,your best friends hair wasthatlong& shrunk thatmuch?did she cry too? I would have a very hard time getting over that....wow. I think I am starting to just let it go....(the crying b.s.) hahahaha

Thank u very much for replying to me, I appreciate it so much.... I'll be at my *year mark, Nov, 9Th.Am looking fwd to having my babies growing back. It really has made me so emtional cos' it's seemed to stop doing shit.

Dawnabella
@dawnabella
12 years ago
8 posts

Greetings Ixchel..

Ya it did it again a little bit just in the past two wks! Ack! Oh well... I guess it's going to do whateva it wants to, and there's nothing I can do to stop it as it's just what it does. Just glad to know it's normal. Thanks again for all your support.

peace & blessed be )0(

Ixchel said:

surprised you knew the name ;)

glad you are finding you aren't alone in this, we are always here for support :) i totally get it being a big deal, like i said i'm sooo scared of the shrinkage to come lol. it'll really be a trial for me i'm sure, & it's not like i'm used to long hair or anything! & don't worry about posting wherever if it's really in a "wrong" spot SE can move it somewhere more appropriate. & navigating the site has a little bit of a learning curve it's fine, we've all been there ;)

check out that shrinkage group for sure! maybe get it a little active & more lively in there. i know people were actually talking about boiled rosemary sprigs as a soak or something? may be something to look into a bit more at least.

Dawnabella said:

Thanx again, take care,

Blessed Be!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form