Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural no comb method.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts

I can probably find it in the forums but can someone give me a more detailed chart or estimated chart of natural dread progression? Also some more info on do's and donts would be nice. It's been almost a week since i stopped brushing my hair and i can see the front of my head sectioning pretty well but I'm not sure about the rest. Thank you.

updated by @colyn-robinson: 07/23/15 08:01:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u see so,ething in a week youir doing good

1st sectioning

2nd tangling

3rd tightening

4th zigging zagging loopping laughing crazines fun and

5tb shrinking tightening thickening

6th dude nice dreads man (yiu'll remember that 1st nice dreads comment a v ery long time)

7th maturing changing less drastickly

do dance swim play enjoy

dont comb finger comb condition or so anything u used to do to prevent dreads

do allow yoirself to grow with yoir dreads

dont

worry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts

Thank you, the advice and words of wisdom from fellow dread heads is what will keep me going in this. I hope the good work keeps up, my hair seems to want this as bad as i do.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts

How long should i wait before i start to see tangling? To be completely honest I'm not even sure my hair is staying sectioned it seems to come and go or it could be because my hair has gotten very curly.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The combing and going is exactly what it should be doing in the beginning. Tangling also comes and goes. You won't see it tangle and stay there until you are a bit in.

It's different for everyone, though. Some see sectioning start in the first few days. Others don't see it for months. When you stat seeing sections stay, tangling is not far behind. But like I said, even that tangling will come undone and then tangle again and undone again before it starts to stay and progress forward only.

If your hair has gotten curlier than it used to be, that's a good sign. Curls will make it easier for hair to get wrapped around each other and build knots.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it might come and go and how long deoends on like 10,0000 factors

or 10 million

its impossible to calculate withot a phd in abstract mathematics

it could tangle in hours or days or weeks or months

but if u pay no attention to the time it takes it tangles when it tangles

--
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
That makes this seem less stressful. Im just too excited about finally getting my dreads that im not being patient. I need to learn patience and just wait.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. Whenever you get something new, the expectation is always to be able to enjoy it in it's fullest right away. But that's the beauty of locks. Even though, they come in the "some assembly required" state, the journey of assembling them and watching them change is part of the fun.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

getting dreads vs growing dreads

when you get dreadss as a prepackaged thing you expect them to be perfect and keep you happy but the very next day or at least within a week pannic sets in

omg my hairs so frizzy omg the roots are loose the tips came loose theres loose hairs everywhere im afraid to wash it im scared to slp[]=leep without a stocking over my head and rubber bands all over

now the natural drader that grows not makes dreads

day 1 ah it feels o gfood to not comb and let go nothing much is happening but thats aok

sometime later ahh its sectioning aleprady its so beautifuly messy and uncointeolled i love it

sometime later i have tangling looping knotting and a few real dreads wow its messy theres lots of looe hairs but i love it i love washing i love waking up to see it changd overnight what a wonderfully exciting journey

u see the backcomber pannics at the exact same thing the natural dreader gets excited about

1 sees disaster where the other sees progress

its a way more relaxing experience to just let it haqppen

Colyn Robinson said:

That makes this seem less stressful. Im just too excited about finally getting my dreads that im not being patient. I need to learn patience and just wait.

--
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
It is very interesting and amazing to watch my hair do its own thing. I wake up with super bed head and know its only making things better.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form