12 years ago
107 posts

I tried a paste too, just out ofcuriosity, feels like rubbing sand in your hair

updated by @james-turk: 07/23/15 03:19:03PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
12 years ago
667 posts

Yes, it does feel very much like watery sand! It can work wonders, especially for very silky, healthy, coarse or even Asian hair...which may be a bit more reluctant to knot :)
James Turk said:

I tried a paste too, just out ofcuriosity, feels like rubbing sand in your hair

Butterfly
@butterfly
12 years ago
56 posts

Well, thought I should update since I've made a lot of progress thanks especially to Panterra's paste idea. Got lots of knotting going on. Here's some pics. Let me know what you think. It's been a long year with little progress but it's finally happening!!!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

wow that is great! slowly but lovely <3 I love the close up photos you shared, glad something started working for you I've been waiting for an update :)

Butterfly said:

Well, thought I should update since I've made a lot of progress thanks especially to Panterra's paste idea. Got lots of knotting going on. Here's some pics. Let me know what you think. It's been a long year with little progress but it's finally happening!!!

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

what is this paste you speak of? and how do you make it?

Butterfly
@butterfly
12 years ago
56 posts

Thank you!!! Also I was noticing how long it's gotten in a year. My profile pic was taken about 2-3 mos. in and now look at it!!

Ixchel said:

wow that is great! slowly but lovely <3 I love the close up photos you shared, glad something started working for you I've been waiting for an update :)

Butterfly said:

Butterfly
@butterfly
12 years ago
56 posts

The paste is just a paste made with baking soda and water. It was suggested by Panterra (read the whole thread) because i was going on a year with no locking yet. I was desperate and thinking of giving up.

k money said:

what is this paste you speak of? and how do you make it?

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

I am going to be making this paste for the nape of my neck asap! I worked really hard to get the front to dread and it took about a year before I stopped having silky fine hair on my crown...the last thing to dread about an inch on the bottom, so hopefully this will get some dread action going there! :) I read through the whole thread and the pics show SO MUCH progress!!!

Yay for not giving up!!!!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

just everyone keep in mind the paste isn't a cure all or instant dread maker, it should be used sparingly so you don't over dry your scalp & hairs (making them brittle & prone to breakage). i've used it a couple times, & will probably again, but i give plenty of time in between w/ normal washes. keep an eye on your head & make sure you work at your own pace & don't over do anything ;)

Butterfly
@butterfly
12 years ago
56 posts

Exactly,it is VERY drying. My scalp is paying the price even though it is helping my hair. But it was a last resort for me. Definitely not recommended for just anyone!!! I've done it 3 times over the last 2 months and I still have parts of my hair that are silky and shiny. Damn my healthy hair, lol!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form