Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

had to say goodbye to my dreads. :(

danielle sprankel
@danielle-sprankel
12 years ago
4 posts

so i started my dreads on march 29th. they were just a month old. and sunday i had to take them out:( i was very upset and still am. im pretty emotional about it. even though they all have not been removed yet. ive been workin on them for about 4 days and still have half a head of dreads to remove.

the reason i have to remove my precious babies is because my daughter keeps getting lice from the daycare center she goes to and i work at. and i thought i wouldnt get it. i cleaned my entire house, ive vaccumed everything, washed all clothes, go through her hair every night and etc. but for some reasin she keeps gettin it and im extremely aggravated with this place. but i found a bug crawling on one of them and didnt know if it just got there or if it had been there a while so im taking them out just to make shure.

Questions: i have some questions because my scalp is being tortured by my taking them out. number one, is it better to use conditioner and hot water? number two, ive been taking them out while they are dry and i feel like im losing more hair that way, am i? and number three, is there an easier way to take them out with out it hurting so much? last but not least number four, how long should i wait to redo them? because i loved them dearly and i cry with every one i am taking out they were like children to me. i treated them with so much love and did my best to take good care of them. my daughters loved them two. ( i have a three yr old and a one yr old) my kids would play with them and it was cute.

anyways thats my story and my questions. i appreciate any and all answers or questions.

updated by @danielle-sprankel: 01/13/15 09:25:46PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Perhaps you don't have to remove them. There is a way to get rid of lice with alcohol and fumes... You soak your dreads, put a plastic bag or sth on your head, and the fumes kill them. SE will definitely explain it better, but just stop what you are doing until he does. It is not too late to save the dreads you have left, and to start over. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can treat lice without taking them out

teatree will prevent them not 100% but very well once u got em it wont get rid of them tho but they hate it

neem seed oil will kill em alcahol fumes smothering them

you can dye your hair and kill em

what u gotta do is get m under control then always wah your kids hair in teatree shampoo so they dont reinfest u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bun up dreads pour on alcahol (70% 90 is too strong) (kids if no dreads use mayonnaise instead and really pack it in there to smother them) adults with dreads alcahol the fumes may overwhelm u so if u got breathing issues breathe trrough a paper towel tube or something to get fresh air from foot away) u dont gotta saturate the dreads but use enough to make some fumes wrap in plastic to seal in (i hope u know not to smoke while doing this) wait 30 minutes do this every 3 days minimum 9 days

after u do that soak in vinager 10 min undiluted then for kids comb out eggs they will come out ez

Rainbow Fortune said:

Perhaps you don't have to remove them. There is a way to get rid of lice with alcohol and fumes... You soak your dreads, put a plastic bag or sth on your head, and the fumes kill them. SE will definitely explain it better, but just stop what you are doing until he does. It is not too late to save the dreads you have left, and to start over. :)

--
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

they make shampoos for kids that repel lice. here's one i found http://tinyurl.com/875dl97 . washing your hair with tea tree based shampoos or the essential oil in your bs wash will help you too. hopefully you'll be able to have dreads again.

danielle sprankel
@danielle-sprankel
12 years ago
4 posts

thank you guys so much, i actually just finished taking them out, i just freaked out a little and didnt want to ruin my hair, but that is great advice i will diffinently do that. im putting my dreads back in when i get me and her treated.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u "putting them back in'? instead just let it dread all the taking them out then putting them in will do more harm then the bugs woulda

that agresive force will do more to ruin your hair

sothis time jusat let them dread naturally

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form