Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NAtural dreadlocks gettin kind of a downer

ADit
@adit
12 years ago
4 posts

Its been almost two months since i last combed my hair and it still looks the same not much progress. its prbly cause my hair is short like 2 inch but man the waitin is killing me. how long do u guys think till i have some dreads forming???

really im just lookin for some support here cause like everyone i know been tellin me to cut my hair or combing it. i have had threats by mother that she gonna cut it when fall asleep too lol.

updated by @adit: 01/13/15 09:18:35PM
ADit
@adit
12 years ago
4 posts

i like ur idea of patience. ima gonna fight time n get some locks lol. im all pumped up now uve turned my n to a u haha :( --> :) thanks

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
12 years ago
95 posts

Hey ADit!

Your hair is still very short to see a lot of progress. I guess you have to keep patience

an let it grow more. If your hair get to the 6 or 7 inch mark, you will def see some results.

Short hair isn't moving enought to create the knots to become a dread. Longer hair is more

moving, creating more knots and will look more like dreads!

So you doin' nothing wrong, all you have to do is wait a little while...

Jah bless!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

2 inches will not dread unles u got african hair

caucasian hair tends to dread bout at 6 inches

so u do got a good while to wauit

but

they have no right to tell you what to do with your hair

umm

it may dread shorter if u wear a wool tam or beannie alot ..not a real tight beannie sop maybe thats the solution cover your head out of sight out of mind and it just might get it dreading shorter then average..maybe

but dont expect dreads for minths at least cause its just too short..for any method (unless yoy got african hair)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ADit
@adit
12 years ago
4 posts

just did some research n found out hair grows real slowww but m ready to wait should take abt a year or so to get to 6 inch (yahoo ans). knowing that its gonna take a while is a whole lot better than being unsure if im on the right track or not. thanks for the reply Frank.

Frank Schuster said:

Hey ADit!

Your hair is still very short to see a lot of progress. I guess you have to keep patience

an let it grow more. If your hair get to the 6 or 7 inch mark, you will def see some results.

Short hair isn't moving enought to create the knots to become a dread. Longer hair is more

moving, creating more knots and will look more like dreads!

So you doin' nothing wrong, all you have to do is wait a little while...

Jah bless!

ADit
@adit
12 years ago
4 posts

namaste, eagle dai (brother)

i got some thick nepali hair lol...

reading fellow dread enthusiasts i thinks i got a good 8 -9 month till i see some locks.

just googled wool tam pics lol didn't know what that is i got a beenie nd m gonna start wearin that.

thanks for ur advices its always a help and greatly appreciated. i like how u got namsate everywhere here just curious as to why though?

darshan (like namaste)
soaring eagle said:

2 inches will not dread unles u got african hair

caucasian hair tends to dread bout at 6 inches

so u do got a good while to wauit

but

they have no right to tell you what to do with your hair

umm

it may dread shorter if u wear a wool tam or beannie alot ..not a real tight beannie sop maybe thats the solution cover your head out of sight out of mind and it just might get it dreading shorter then average..maybe

but dont expect dreads for minths at least cause its just too short..for any method (unless yoy got african hair)

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

I believe in you! stay patient.

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Patienceis a virtue when it comes to dreads! Hang in there! I had backcomed dreads for a year but cut them off cause I waxed them and couldn't get the shit out so I cut them off in Oct. '11 and going natural this time! When I cut off my candles my hair was around 3-5 inches and my hair is really thin. I have noticed some knots not many but it's a start!

Ashley F
@ashley-f
12 years ago
5 posts
I take fish oil every day, and although it won't make your hair grow overnight, I've noticed a little added growth in my hair in the few months I've been taking it. :) Good luck!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form